Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Just now, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Tea. And yall best believe that there will be a mini Liddo exodus if her next album, whenever it comes out, isn't worth that wait and/or is more vanilla AC fodder. :giraffe:

I'll be first in line tbh (unless the Stockholm syndrome is hitting harder than I think)

But I have faith

• Replies 165k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

9 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Well you quoted my post, say that to the ones that are actually saying it  :clack:

I quoted you for the elevator/background music.

5 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Until Billie announces r.i.p. 

lady-sighing-lady-sighing-gif.gif

• Haha 1

By the different standarts I mean f.i. Ari is being praised to the high heavens for a good but pretty safe album. Same with Taylor during Midnights. If Gaga puts out something safe her fanbase and the GP smell the blood and jump her. It goes to the point of what @Aden has said, and has to do with how Gaga positioned herself since earlier in her career.

What's frustrating to me is her fanbase constantly demeriting her in comparison with artists who they give much more leeway too (especially if said artists smash).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Went to the CinemaCon website and giggled as soon as I saw a countdown on the main page, nn.

:suburban:

26 days and 12 hours to go, yall. At the very least, we have this one to look forward to. 

https://cinemacon.com/

:suburban:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Santhosh said:

I quoted you for the elevator/background music.

Derailing from what was the point of my post but whatever.

11 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bloody Willy said:

good luck releasing that album you speak of, the woman is clearly not motivated anymore let alone to reinvent anything :suburban:

how can you say shes not motivated when shes been posting pics from the STUDIO 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Tea. And yall best believe that there will be a mini Liddo exodus if her next album, whenever it comes out, isn't worth that wait and/or is more vanilla AC fodder. :giraffe:

The mini exodus will happen also if she will deliver a Sky Ferreira or St.Vincent kind of album, you just know tones of people from this fanbase won't be here for a more sopshisticated rock alternative album either.

“Basic” music isn’t bad, even if it’s Gaga doing it. That’s why The Cure and ASIB are solid projects (Yes I said it, TC > SL). The issue arrives when she’s writing solid “Gaga” songs that should be more than just basic or a vibe but they’re weighed down by something. Or someone. Cough Joanne and Chromatica. That why at the end of the day Always Remember Us This Way, Is That Alright?, etc. will be better songs than something like John Wayne or Fun Tonight regardless of whether you prefer loud dance pop or basic production and music. And that’s also why I’m not too worried about LG7 being like her last two solo projects, because it’s missing a certain someone in the studio. 

Edited by TedLasso
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

55 minutes

7 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

“Basic” music isn’t bad, even if it’s Gaga doing it. That’s why The Cure and ASIB are solid projects (Yes I said it, TC > SL). The issue arrives when she’s writing solid “Gaga” songs that should be more than just basic or a vibe but they’re weighed down by something. Or someone. Cough Joanne and Chromatica. That why at the end of the day Always Remember Us This Way, Is That Alright?, etc. will be better songs than something like John Wayne or Fun Tonight regardless of whether you prefer loud dance pop or basic production and music. And that’s also why I’m not too worried about LG7 being like her last two solo projects, because it’s missing a certain someone in the studio. 

It's True but He Shouldn't Say It | The Simpsons | Know Your ...

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Julio said:

Katy before Gaga :toofunny3:

And what about it ?? Excited for our slain nemesis new era, hope she smashes. :duca:

• Like 1

ARUTW smashed because it's a relatable love song. Why do you think TS is that popular? Her tired schtick, which works wonders, is being the relatable girl next door. She also has a super team. Our girl can't relate. :coffee2:

Edited by RandomHooker
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, RandomHooker said:

ARUTW smashed because it's a relatable love song. Why do you think TS is that popular? Her tired schtick, which works wonders, is being the relatable girl next door. She also has a super team. Our girl can't relate. :coffee2:

There's also 0 investment from the GP (and even her own fanbase) in Gaga's love-life and personal life. The exception to this was ASIB - a big part of why Shallow smashed as hard as it did had to do with ASIB rumours.

This is a deliberate choice on Gaga's end, and a good one, but it definitely hinders her commercial success sometimes. 

Sex sells and sex is not just dancing in your underwear.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

41 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Derailing from what was the point of my post but whatever.

tenor-9.gif

The point is not about safe music being bad or not, of course safe music can be good, the point is about Gaga exploring a new direction with new producers for this project, so it's kind of pointless glorify a safe pop produced album by the most popular pop producer of the last 30 years (Max Martin) as example of what she should follow in order to *click* with the audience.

Those KP6 speculations are no less delulu than LG7 Feb release. :rip: 

Wouldn’t be surprised if true though. 

5 minutes ago, Santhosh said:

tenor-9.gif

Literally my reaction in reading 'Chromatica' a pure dance album labelled as background music, or when you listed the Adidas Ivy Park collaboration as one of the Beyoncé achievements in order to downplay what Gaga has done in the last years last time we had an interaction.

• Like 1

From this week I only expect some cute studio pics or something of the sort, give me some Haus Editorials, hint some title tracks, some producers, let's enjoy the pre era

• Like 1

Just now, Velvet said:

15 MINUTES

:johnald:

since when has the countdown changed---

yall don't fight amongst yourselves we have to focus on the real enemy

Spoiler

EUZP9dnXgAQg93c.jpg

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.