Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

23 minutes ago, PMM said:

why are y'all so annoying?

soon is soon

in 2012 soon was 1 year + for artpop

2012 was only one year after btw and we are already 4 years post chromatica, it’s not the same :khalyan:

• Replies 165k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Just now, Miracle said:

Gaga kinda did this with Rain On Me...it's just that the pandemic happened

people will always check out the MPG’s albums no matter the lead, it’s just whether they stick around or not.

I think people liked ROM but didn’t love the rest of the album tbh. Pandemic or not, the album crashed after Day 1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

but my biggest fear is if she releases mid music and the gp is not here for it

nicki.png

not prepared for that scenario

nicki.png

Another Hold My Hand

:clack:

• Like 1

it's not the fact that everyone is announcing before Gaga, it's the fact that everyone is announcing 2nd, 3rd, 4th albums before Gaga.

de4af2e30c00b56df6b2ca8aa4056439c2c1eb36

• Like 4

The way literally everyone is releasing this year except Ga and Sky Ferreira.

While I don't doubt the new Ariana Grande album is very good but it is also very safe, several songs work as "background/elevator" music in the same trend of successful albums like Harry Styles last one, not to mention the usual Swift.

Gaga is very likely going to a total different direction (rock) than doing a chill-relaxed easy to digest album.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leptine said:

While I don't doubt the new Ariana Grande album is very good but it is also very safe, several songs work as "background/elevator" music in the same trend of successful albums like Harry Styles last one, not to mention the usual Swift.

Gaga is very likely going to a total different direction (rock) than doing a chill-relaxed easy to digest album.

Aside from couple of songs Chromatica is the background/elevator music :bird:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Danes said:

The way literally everyone is releasing this year except Ga and Sky Ferreira.

Let her take time to release the upcoming project.

2 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Since this base has been discussing the Gaga brand, the actual Gaga brand is avoiding convention and intentionally challenging people's comfort. Born This Way was pretty controversial upon release but it's had the best longevity of all her albums.

In a way Gaga isn't really POP because she's not a mass appeal type of artist. She's never going to be Ari, Bey, The Weeknd, Taylor, anyone some Liddos beg her to become. And she should lean into that. Her putting out a "safer" type of record like Joanne and ASIB is fine every now and then but we've seen how not pushing the edge worked out for Chromatica.

I'd be very surprised if LG7 wasn't out there. I'd actually start to believe the "she's gone" allegations. But with JFAD arriving, it feels very timely for WeirdGa to reintroduce herself to the public.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Santhosh said:

Aside from couple of songs Chromatica is the background/elevator music :bird:

Not sure if you're sarcastIc or not.

As much as this base hate the album JOANNE 

It's one of her well written and timeless album ( it will sound as fresh as 2016 in 50 years )

But the album is poorly produced and very bland at the same time :rip:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Not sure if you're sarcastIc or not.

What would you call these songs ->  ( SL, FW, FT, SC, PD, SFA, TD ) then ??? 

Just because those songs are elevator/background doesn't make them bad.

Chromatica is my second fav album from her.

But I find it very funny some liddos calling other artist's album as safe/bland when our fave's last 3 projects are safe for her standards.

Edited by Santhosh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aden said:

She's never going to be Ari, Bey, The Weeknd, Taylor, anyone some Liddos beg her to become.

Louder for the people in the back.

I agree with your overall argument anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aden said:

Since this base has been discussing the Gaga brand, the actual Gaga brand is avoiding convention and intentionally challenging people's comfort. Born This Way was pretty controversial upon release but it's had the best longevity of all her albums.

In a way Gaga isn't really POP because she's not a mass appeal type of artist. She's never going to be Ari, Bey, The Weeknd, Taylor, anyone some Liddos beg her to become. And she should lean into that. Her putting out a "safer" type of record like Joanne and ASIB is fine every now and then but we've seen how not pushing the edge worked out for Chromatica.

I'd be very surprised if LG7 wasn't out there. I'd actually start to believe the "she's gone" allegations. But with JFAD arriving, it feels very timely for WeirdGa to reintroduce herself to the public.

I don’t think any of us want her to be like that lol. She can make whatever album she wants, it just needs to be good and keep people coming back to listen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Santhosh said:

What would you call these songs ->  ( SL, FW, FT, SC, PD, SFA, TD ) then ??? 

Just because those songs are elevator/background doesn't make them bad.

Chromatica is my second fav album from her.

But I find it very funny some liddos calling other artist's album as safe/bland when our fave's last 3 projects are safe for her standards.

Those songs are not what I consider background music, I guess we have a different concepts of that.

Not to mention nobody has said that background music is bland, especially when I punctualized in order to avoid this kind of reply that the Ariana grande album is good.

20 minutes ago, Leptine said:

While I don't doubt the new Ariana Grande album is very good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leptine said:

I punctualized in order to avoid this kind of reply that the Ariana grande album is good.

I saw many post in this base calling ES a bad album just because it's bland.

2 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Those songs are not what I consider background music, I guess we have a different concepts of that.

Maybe 

5 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

I don’t think any of us want her to be like that lol. She can make whatever album she wants, it just needs to be good and keep people coming back to listen. 

A good album not always connects to the audience and viceversa, she can deliver a good album but not being appreciated by the general audience, it won't be that to define valid or not her work.

1 minute ago, Santhosh said:

I saw many post in this base calling ES a bad album just because it's bland.

Well you quoted my post, say that to the ones that are actually saying it  :clack:

1 hour 30 minutes I guess

lady-sighing-lady-sighing-gif.gif

• Haha 2

lbr we’re gonna have more fun tracking JFAD than LG7 considering the latter would likely crash and burn after just the first day like her recent eras bar ASIB

:clack:

3 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

1 hour 30 minutes I guess

lady-sighing-lady-sighing-gif.gif

Until Billie announces r.i.p. 

• Haha 3

I’m off the deep end

Watch as I dive in

I’ll never meet the ground

Crash through the surface where they can’t hurt us

We’re far from the shallow now

A true elevator-forbidden anthem :'( 

40 minutes ago, Aden said:

it's not the fact that everyone is announcing before Gaga, it's the fact that everyone is announcing 2nd, 3rd, 4th albums before Gaga.

de4af2e30c00b56df6b2ca8aa4056439c2c1eb36

Tea. And yall best believe that there will be a mini Liddo exodus if her next album, whenever it comes out, isn't worth that wait and/or is more vanilla AC fodder. :giraffe:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aden said:

This 100%

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.