Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

5 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Chromatica is a much, much better album than ARTPOP lol

I definitely agree. Chromatica is more cohesive. I think the production could be better on Chrome, but ARTPOP’s production isn’t any better.

• Replies 164.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

3 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

that album isn't even as good as Chromatica (well a few would've fit nicely in a deluxe hihi)

So yes! the comparison to TFM is insulting
200.gif

It’s a very insulting comparison. Chrome is also indeed better. Lashings all around for that thread. Using Google Reviews as a stat because it doesn’t have a MC page :rip:
Whip Ma GIF by GifGari

Edited by Modern Ecstasy

3 hours ago, nick4bty said:

This is literally something this fanbase made up to justify it not being a huge success :skull:

1 hour ago, DoctorIce said:

It's easily her most regressive album musically which has been a widely held opinion since the beginning. :biblio:

If there's anything people love to cling to as an excuse for Chromatica not smashing it's BLM, which has always been wrong and inappropriate. 

This. Also, had no idea people used BLM to justify Chromatica's underperformance. How does that work when Future Nostalgia was happening around the same time and smashed way harder :rip:

10 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

This. Also, had no idea people used BLM to justify Chromatica's underperformance. How does that work when Future Nostalgia was happening around the same time and smashed way harder :rip:

I think it’s because the George Floyd tragedy happened a few days before Chromatica was released and Gaga kinda moved her focus and attention away from Chromatica to BLM and what was going on in the world at the time. I remember her saying it didn’t feel right to talk about the album or promote it when such stuff was going on in the world.

16 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

I definitely agree. Chromatica is more cohesive. I think the production could be better on Chrome, but ARTPOP’s production isn’t any better.

Chrome's production can be basic but ARTPOP is just a mess outside of like 3 great songs :rip:

29 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

What is considered semi-PR and PR?

It depends but generally 7-8 spins/day is sub-power, 14-16 spins/day is power.

Oh and I checked again, KIIS played it 8x yesterday, not 7x :jonny: 

6 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

It depends but generally 7-8 spins/day is sub-power, 14-16 spins/day is power.

Oh and I checked again, KIIS played it 8x yesterday, not 7x :jonny: 

Thanks! Also that means KIIS might have is on semi-power rotation? :jonny:
Radio update soon?

12 hours ago, Bojana said:

well good thing shes not winning best actress for joker 2

Reveal hidden contents

hows my

@Blade Runner impression?

Preach, sister. We need to spread the word. :giraffe:

2 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

2 hours ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

I think it’s because the George Floyd tragedy happened a few days before Chromatica was released and Gaga kinda moved her focus and attention away from Chromatica to BLM and what was going on in the world at the time. I remember her saying it didn’t feel right to talk about the album or promote it when such stuff was going on in the world.

The time period of chromatica's release was the absolute worst, legit worst week of 2020. Like it should've easily been a two week #1. They abandoned it totally after that, when there was actually potential to get a fifth week in the top 10 (still kinda bad tbh, but gaga isn't a commercial force in the same way as she was).
Aside from that though, there are objective signs the album didn't click beyond its push. E.g. dance and female pop is booming rn, and Chroma is seeing very little to no benefit from that, which is a telltale sign of a project not clicking on Spotify - and the fact her catalogue momentum stopped.

Hoping it will change, chroma isn't a poison and there is things there to help the streams from a tiktok POV

Edited by Mr. Stratus

10 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

Thanks! Also that means KIIS might have is on semi-power rotation? :jonny:

We can say that, yeah.

13 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

Radio update soon?

Yep, in about 20 minutes :jamming:

56 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

Did Dua Lipa and her team shifted her focus to pandemic and BLM like Gaga did? No one said it's directly because of those situations that Chromatica underperformed.

2 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Did Dua Lipa and her team shifted her focus to pandemic and BLM like Gaga did? No one said it's directly because of those situations that Chromatica underperformed.

PREACH. Dua was dragged during that time for promoting an album in the midst of all of that and pandemic. Understandable bc it's just her 2nd era, but the lashing was everywhere. And if ppl here actually stan Gaga, she isn't an opportunist and she acts based on her morals, not on some albums.

POP

19    17  (=)   LADY GAGA    Bloody Mary    4723    3558    1165    12.435

+141 Spins
+0.502 Audience

HOT AC

30    23 (+2)   LADY GAGA    Bloody Mary    816    450    366    2.250

+75 Spins
+0.326 Audience

Combined audience (POP + HAC): +0.828M

1613294941_lisabarlow2.thumb.gif.9da8d4d

1 minute ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

POP

+141 Spins
+0.502 Audience

HOT AC

+75 Spins
+0.326 Audience

yes methinks :gaycat4:

3 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

POP

+141 Spins
+0.502 Audience

HOT AC

+75 Spins
+0.326 Audience

Had someone told me back then Bloody Mary would have become a radio hit in 2023... Oh Godga, the legend that you are :jonny2:

#57. (+3) Bloody Mary — 1.655M

14 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

ECAEA2-DD-4-A25-4977-B151-DEEF2-C7462-E7
3-F89-DF1-D-994-E-4-B70-A55-F-6-A2-B372-

A good sign for radio methinks! :bird:

Hold My Hand and Stupid Love smashed this so i wouldn't take it to heart, however, BM is in a whole difference time and place so yes :gaycat4:

(if only radio was the same as it was back then, SL/HMH could've gone further)

Spotify Daily Artists
#40 (-2) Lady Gaga

We need another viral song, quick

Not the AI voice make the french news :deadbanana2:

Bonus: They say "S-Z-A" in french for SZA :rip:

16 minutes ago, Kékette said:

Not the AI voice make the french news :deadbanana2:

Bonus: They say "S-Z-A" in french for SZA :rip:

Thread it!  Lady Gaga, Adele & Ariana Grande AI controversy on French TV:eli:

42 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

POP

+141 Spins
+0.502 Audience

HOT AC

+75 Spins
+0.326 Audience

It’s COMING

28 minutes ago, Bojana said:

Well it’s over

38 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

#57. (+3) Bloody Mary — 1.655M

:/

2 hours ago, GipJo said:

Chromatica is her most well thought out and cohesive album, artpop may have superior ideas and ambition, but it failed to deliver, that ''POP IS ART'' theme is too grand to do for Gaga at that time. I love her for trying that but let's be serious. Chromatica may be a little safe for her, maybe that's why some of you didn't appreciate it more, after all many of us love her because of her rebellious attitude. But let's see what risk she would take for her next album.

and the most well executed concept album (minus the horrible Stupid Love video and H&M shopping mall bland production on Free Woman) since... TFM

the way that SL was leaked a month ago... complimented with that horrendous video.. and then the pandemic kicked in on a global scale that she turned into an UN ambassador role to host that crying s*** show :rip:   and then finally ROM and SC smashed and then BLM expanded to a nationwide focus three days after the album dropped with more COVID coverage everywhere so that she had completely abandoned all the traditional promo until VMA... 

the era was truly doomed :deadbanana2:

Edited by truthteller

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.