• Replies 164.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Went out to the clerbs last night and the DJ played Rain On Me, Just Dance, Bloody Mary, Electric Chapel AND GUY :jonnycat: I was gagged

Love seeing little monsters in positions of power :clap3:

11 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

Who dis? @Veckatimest

Joe Dallesandro in Jacques Rivette's 1981 masterpiece Merry-Go-Round :WAP:

6 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Yup. Between last year and this year, MGM has fumbled HoG, Licorice Pizza, Cyrano, Till, Women Talking, and Bones and All :gaycat7:

I also think Joyce Eng had a point with that HoG was a touch too trashy/soapy to hit the Academy without strong reviews :gaycat7:

Being your studio's second priority absolutely KILLS your chances unless your studio is Fox Searchlight. It should have been obvious that they weren't keeping up and chose to push Licorice Pizza when HoG slayed BAFTA longlists and then tanked in the actual nominations but we were all just blinded by Gaga being Top 2 :gaycat7:

This is also so obviously why Deadwyler missed this year, I called her snub early on (despite her being one of my favorite performances of the season) because of the fact that they also had Women Talking. Kinda frustrating that few seem to recognize that this is more of a problem surrounding the priorities of the already-existing studio system than anything else

2 hours ago, Gagaqueen said:

Top 50 is coming yaaas

The fact that her streams are more than enough to justify a Top 40 placement but radio still hates her is just so...

spacer.png

Bloody Mary

Sales: 1.3k / Radio: 11.5M / Streams: 6.3M / Hot 100: #53

Unstoppable

Sales: 2.8k / Radio: 40.2M / Streams: 3.5M / Hot 100: #44

Super Freaky Girl

Sales: 0.8k / Radio: 40.4M / Streams: 5.6M / Hot 100: #36

I Like You

Sales: 0.6k / Radio: 44.6M / Streams: 6.6M / Hot 100: #27

:rip: This is why we need radio to keep spinning it even if streams are past their peak now. 

4 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Bloody Mary

Unstoppable

Super Freaky Girl

I Like You

:rip: This is why we need radio to keep spinning it even if streams are past their peak now. 

Yeah it’s ridiculous how powerful radio is for the hot 100. 

19 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Bloody Mary

Unstoppable

Super Freaky Girl

I Like You

NOT SFG and ILY getting that much radio :gaycat7:

I fear we're never going to revoke the solo #1 card from the OGH if this keeps up, even stable global hit Shallah didn't get as much as it should have :gaycat7:

JohnWayneHolland

The fact that BM isn't a radio friendly song just makes it worse :'( but hopefully it manages to peak inside the top 40

3 minutes ago, Veckatimest said:

NOT SFG and ILY getting that much radio :gaycat7:

I fear we're never going to revoke the solo #1 card from the OGH if this keeps up, even stable global hit Shallah didn't get as much as it should have :gaycat7:

I mean yeah radio hasn't been supportive of her that much, although Chrom did fine I guess. Some of the so called recent solo #1s have terrible streams so who cares. Hit dogs will holler after all etc. :redface:

12 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Hopefully when Ariana releases new music people will start rediscovering ROM again. Like how Dua Lipa is getting a streaming boost right now from people discovering her collab with Miley 

yes, I'm not too worried about ROM streams (this fanbase does way too much), I'm sure they will go up during Spring and Summer. Cold seasons are for ballads while hot seasons are for the bops. but let's hope TikTok gives it a boost because Ariana ain't releasing before 2025, a Gaga teas

edit : also ROM is doing on par with WAP on Spotify, which is another #1 female duet from 2020, so ROM daily streams are good (they could be better, but 380k, almost 400k on Friday for a soon to be 3 years old dance pop song is good). 

Edited by Summer Boy

6 hours ago, Bojana said:

Telephone biggest day ever

Poker Face second biggest day ever with 800k+

it's truly amazing to look at this and see how diverse it is, from unconventional electropop album tracks to bright dance pop and acoustic ballad smashes. Also, her entire discography represented in the top 10 is very impressive for a Fad, plus the way she managed to capture Gen Z's attention while already having young adults and aunties on her side.

she may be a lazy **** sometimes and waste some opportunities but she has such an iconic career.

JohnWayneHolland

Ok so what's the plan to make Replay go mega viral on TikTok? Will we wait until a new popular show comes out and make edits with the song? :gaycat1:

7 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Ok so what's the plan to make Replay go mega viral on TikTok? Will we wait until a new popular show comes out and make edits with the song? :gaycat1:

I would sign up on TikTok just for this. :gaycat1:

It was kinda frustrating when I was at the Chromatica Ball nosebleeds and I was the only person dancing to Replay in my section.  :gaycat7:

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

I think y'all are worrying a little too much about this 2011 song, idk. 

Nnnnn that part :rip:

JohnWayneHolland
56 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I would sign up on TikTok just for this. :gaycat1:

It was kinda frustrating when I was at the Chromatica Ball nosebleeds and I was the only person dancing to Replay in my section.  :gaycat7:

An underrated gem :chick3: it deserves BM's level of success, even higher

I wonder if Rebecca Black ever saw this.

Gaga was right though, it was a genius move. So weird how society used to be so ok with taking out their frustrations and anger on a 13 year old kid.

25 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

Gaga was right though, it was a genius move. So weird how society used to be so ok with taking out their frustrations and anger on a 13 year old kid.

Probably the most genius thing about Gaga back then was the way in which she inverted narratives by simply prodding people's preconceived notions and laying them bare for their banality and arbitrary nature. Like when people accused her of being a hermaphrodite, she turned that on its head by questioning why people were concerned with it in the first place, and here, she demolishes the insane and nonsensical amount of offense people took to Friday in like, a sentence, lol, without even having to go on a diatribe. I just love that and wish people would be more playful like this when discussing the state of society idk

In any case, I'm glad Rebecca has found her niche after all of that, love her recent music :clap3:

Edited by Veckatimest

38 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

I'll thread this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.