Katy Perry

WalkingOnCharts

I think releasing the album on September 20th (a.k.a. the day she's headlining Rock In Rio) would be perfect and allow for maximum impact. She has plenty of KatyCats in Brazil and lots of fans internationally will be hype for the stream, to see her performing again, etc. Plus, she can perform 2-3 brand new songs for the first time ever. 

I also think on September 10th (the day of the MTV VMAs), Katy should perform "Woman's World" and tease a yet-to-be released song with the instrumental only during a 30-40 second dance break.

And lastly, the fact that it's only 10 weeks between the release of "Woman's World" and 143 will allow for her to release the second single with a music video on September 20th too.

This, in my opinion, allows her to get the maximum amount of exposure and highest chances of success, big first week numbers, etc..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thismoment

• Tistotal

• justlore

• SalvoPK

If i were katy i would release a public apology and release a different song :giraffe: and tell them.
My label forced me to work with DR LUKE. Help me guys! #FreeKaty

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

I really hope we get one teaser per week until the song is out.

Something like this, with mini story, not - do you see me 👁👄👁

4 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

If i were katy i would release a public apology and release a different song :giraffe: and tell them.

Messy. I love it, if true. 

Remember y'all, it's better to be dragged than ignored. Teenage Dream was dragged (by critics and some ATRLers) Smile was ignored. 

• Haha 3

Was just listening to Electric and she shouldve kept it for 'Smile' it's very similar to NRO & CAIL sound wise and would've fit with those perfectly , maybe that could've been a better title for the album as well , Smile completely scrapped. 

• Like 2

There were like 10 insiders during the KP logo, now there's nobody. The only thing they saw was the WW cover or what?

16 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

fkjfsghjfsgsdksdjhkdsgkj BABE

5 hours ago, Tistotal said:

There were like 10 insiders during the KP logo, now there's nobody. The only thing they saw was the WW cover or what?

. I know they did know nothing about the songs. You could have told from the things they were saying:coffee: tbh I still trust KP6_leaks since they have been right from the beginning and I do believe Gimme, Gimme will THEE hit of KP6.

Edited by justlore

4 hours ago, justlore said:

I know they did know nothing about the songs. You could have told from the things they were saying:coffee: tbh I still trust KP6_leaks since they have been right from the beginning and I do believe Gimme, Gimme will THEE hit of KP6.

Imagine this name is true and she sample Gimme More by Britney :jonny5: It's Katheryn, sl*ts! 

latest?cb=20160107232910

So, where I live, we are going to have Katy Perry Week (8-11 July), a random song by Katy will be played on the radio every hour. Then, after the new song release, they will play it every hour for 1 week (11-18 July). If Universal is doing this for my small country, I can only imagine what will happen in the global market.

• Like 2

i hope they kept the instrumental bridge of the demo in the final version. That guitar (or whatever it is) goes off :katie2::flame:

A& R: Chris Anokute

A& R Admin: Liz Isik

we are so back

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 2:09 AM, hummingbird12 said:

As an OG Cat, I have to say I'm disappointed with this comeback. A year of teasing had me hyped, expecting something truly special, especially after a four-year album gap. For someone who was once an A+ pop idol, this doesn't live up to the expectations. With that in mind, you'd think they would have been more strategic – like using a panel of listeners to rate potential tracks before finishing the project and releasing anything. It's like they didn't even try to tap into what's current – no fan feedback, no soundbite testing, nothing. Instead, we got this try-hard song that misses the mark. This robotic, cold pop sound is so overused and boring. It's a shame because, with a little more planning and effort, this comeback could have been epic.

I was really hoping that as a 39-year-old woman, she would embrace a sound that truly reflects her journey.  Like going back to her roots with a pop-rock banger – think peak Katy Perry meets Pink So what! Or even tapping into that late '90s/early 2000s sound that's making a comeback. This was her chance to have a "Madonna's American Life" or "Cher's Believe" moment. But judging by the snippet, it's not meant to be

Honestly, it feels like they're aiming for a Sam Smith "Unholy" rollout – force-feeding us a song we'll be sick of before it even drops, all for a fleeting chart position. I'd rather see her take risks and create something meaningful than chase a number one hit that everyone secretly hates. She and the team had an indicator that Harleys type of song was a step in the right direction as the song was going big after the whole hate train was over. But we got this...

How is releasing a song with an accused sex offender and naming the song "Woman's World" not a risk? :biblio:

1 hour ago, Iaintsorry said:

How is releasing a song with an accused sex offender and naming the song "Woman's World" not a risk? :biblio:

She's taking a lot of risks this era, to be honest. She could've gone for a mid and safe bop. I guess she has tons of unreleased tracks

We won, she is back with the cats. :alexz:

They closed the thread. :deadbanana4:

:skull:

why not just report the user?? Like the sabotage is insane. A literal anti katy forum 

• Like 2

That comunion user was off topic and spreading Katy leaks, instead of suspending or reporting that user they closed the thread :skull:

like there's a bias against Katy with some moderators  

• Like 2

They'll probably reopen it, right?

Katy has always experienced a disproportionate amount of hate from ATRL *******, take it from someone who was here during the TD era. That mod's response doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like 4

Can you guys stop talking about Kesha and Dr. Luke? Do not engage any conversation about this situation because it will only escalate quickly.

We feel bad for her and we do believe what she has been saying for so many years, but this has nothing to do with Katy and Katy has nothing to do with her.

• Like 1

I'm not a very vocally active user, but I've only been following Katy threads. This is the second time a thread in anticipation of her music was closed. Is it really that serious?

The last time she triggered this many ATRLosers she broke MJ's record then released Roar. Maybe we really are on the precipice of a huge comeback era. :jonny5:

• Like 2

So who's Bryce? Why would this song be related to Olympics?

Edited by Tistotal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.