Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

11 hours ago, TheGreatestX said:

Twenty Foreplay is HD now sis. 

Thanks for telling me, I haven't gone back and checked for a while lol

Janet Jackson is probably the greatest contemporary artist in history she really knows how to set the mood with her slow songs her ballads and everything and she understands harmonies so damn much really don't understand why her and Mariah or a collaboration with Brandy never happened.

Janet Jackson was suppose to have been honored the Global Icon award last Sunday at the Grammy's according to TMZ but they wanted to avoid responsibility after her Super Bowl incident.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:18 AM, Auburn said:

we are SO close it's finally feeling like it could be a reality, I made a spreadsheet to keep track lol: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NsqNU4QRQIKAh7IkDYx_vVfTD82u_HLky5CbbELF7l8/edit?usp=sharing

Girlfriend/Boyfriend was also "remastered" to HD!

On 2/11/2023 at 4:20 AM, Aerosol said:

The vocal take on Do It 2 Me is so horrible. It's like sis was holding her nose in the recording booth.

Yea, the nasal vocals on 20 N.O. are unfortunate. I wonder why she changed her technique during those sessions. She sounded like her usual self on Damita Jo even while working with multiple different producers. 

On 2/10/2023 at 7:59 AM, PopThatCorn said:

Crime Scene (Ooh Filler)

:rip:

On 2/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, robbyds said:

20YO was really a low for her but Enjoy and Days Go By are brilliant. I also like With U and Roll witchu

:cries: appreciate you recognizing the greatness even though you don't care for the album in general. 

On 2/10/2023 at 11:57 AM, eli's_rhythm said:

I like “Love Scene,” but it really could’ve been a musical interlude.

Hmmm...I wouldn't mind that actually. Her interludes are so short, it would be nice to have some 1 or 2 minute interludes instead.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:25 PM, PopThatCorn said:

Unfortunately for us, Janet is allergic to going viral. Queen of dance music and yet nothing. 

Personally, I don't think a lot of the viral hits we see are organic. Maybe if Janet was signed to a label or someone else was benefiting from her catalogue she would've already had multiple songs trend on TikTok. :coffee2:

:ahh:

I agree that a lot of viral hits are payola. But Janet's songs can definitely go viral and she had some viral moments in recent month (that lady singing ATAP and "doin' the bending"). 

On 2/10/2023 at 6:25 PM, Pop Life said:

Between this and Slolove I'm very bummed we didn't get a version of the album that explored those genres more. It's like she was held back

They dialed it down and played it safe. 

On 2/11/2023 at 12:18 AM, Auburn said:

we are SO close it's finally feeling like it could be a reality, I made a spreadsheet to keep track lol: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NsqNU4QRQIKAh7IkDYx_vVfTD82u_HLky5CbbELF7l8/edit?usp=sharing

:clap3: hope her team takes notes! :gaynetcat3:

On 2/11/2023 at 12:22 AM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

songs like "Take Care" which I think is the best song off the album as well as Roll Witchu, Days Go By, Daybreak, With U and Do It 2 Me those songs are very strong and some of her best songs in her acclaimed catalog.

:cm:

On 2/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

Y'all crazy Do It 2 Me is a banger one of the only good songs off 20 Y.O.

Imma stick besides 20 Y.O. and defend this track's vocals too. 

I like the production. I like the harmonies. Her voice was definitely deeper on 20 Y.O. than Damita Jo and I liked how she used her lower register on "there are no boundaries to what we do" and the bridge. 

21 hours ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

Girlfriend/Boyfriend has been remastered in HD.

This video aged poorly with those cheap ass animation and graphics in the intro and outro. The scenes of Eve & Ja Rule :bibliahh:. To think $1.5M was spent for it. :gaynetcat4:

1 hour ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

This video aged poorly with those cheap ass animation and graphics in the intro and outro. The scenes of Eve & Ja Rule :bibliahh:. To think $1.5M was spent for it. :gaynetcat4:

Seriously, $1.5 million? On that video? :rip:

On 2/15/2023 at 5:32 PM, kishi said:

:bibliahh: but honestly that movie was the best acting she's ever done, I genuinely felt bad for the character.

The All Nite (Don't Stop) music video has finally been unblocked! Somehow it has 2.5M views :deadbanana2:

Watch ATRL say because she isn't a white Gen Z kid, it doesn't count:coffee2: but at the end of the video you clearly see she's teaching a young white boy about Janet. :foxaylove2:

23 hours ago, allforyou said:

The All Nite (Don't Stop) music video has finally been unblocked! Somehow it has 2.5M views :deadbanana2:

It was available in Canada and Japan before being unblocked worldwide iirc. Perhaps Germany too.

Wonder why Janet videos stop getting premieres Nasty, Let's Wait A While, The Knowledge and Love Will Never Do (Without You) had a premiere countdown when they got uploaded last year.

1 hour ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:
Wonder why Janet videos stop getting premieres Nasty, Let's Wait A While, The Knowledge and Love Will Never Do (Without You) had a premiere countdown when they got uploaded last year.

Because a premier for a video that everyone has already seen seems pointless

13 hours ago, blown away said:

It was available in Canada and Japan before being unblocked worldwide iirc. Perhaps Germany too.

It wasn't available in Canada and Japan like the videos that were unblocked last year. This particular upload was from the official EMI channel where it was available many years ago. 

You can see here it was originally uploaded in 2009 and was still available back in 2014: https://web.archive.org/web/20140711084640/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn81K1Fm03Y 

It was then removed due to a copyright claim: https://web.archive.org/web/20151210113256/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgeAUejUZhg

The copyright claims on both Alright and All Nite were finally removed allowing them to now be made available again with the old views and comments restored.

On 2/18/2023 at 2:54 PM, TheGreatestX said:

Because a premier for a video that everyone has already seen seems pointless

Despite majority the views from these videos are from newer fans and the premier brought a lot of views to the videos within days they were already over 1 million views and so.

5 hours ago, TheGreatestX said:

Which of her songs will sound best sped up? That's the first step to going viral on Tik Tok.

Literally any of her songs. :eli:

Something from Allah For You or Damita Jehovah probably has the best chance?

All Nite (Don't Stop)

Doesn't Really Matter

Someone To Call My Lover

Slolove

You Ain't Right

Come On Get Up... :jonny4:

9 hours ago, TheGreatestX said:

Which of her songs will sound best sped up?

None

:gaynetcat4:

On 2/20/2023 at 3:20 PM, TheGreatestX said:

Which of her songs will sound best sped up? That's the first step to going viral on Tik Tok.

All For You

Feedback

Strawberry Bounce

Come On Get Up

Throb

Do It 2 Me

On 2/20/2023 at 9:16 PM, PopThatCorn said:

Literally any of her songs. :eli:

Something from Allah For You or Damita Jehovah probably has the best chance?

All Nite (Don't Stop)

Doesn't Really Matter

Someone To Call My Lover

Slolove

You Ain't Right

Come On Get Up... :jonny4:

Yeah, I'm with this. Something from the 2000's deserves justice and popularity. Especially from Damita Jo. 

On 2/21/2023 at 3:38 AM, monologueNacafe said:

I need RWU to become viral and smash 

I'd be here for it. That song has gotten better over time. 

31 minutes ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

All For You

Feedback

Strawberry Bounce

Come On Get Up

Throb

Do It 2 Me

Feedback and Throb are in the lead for me. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.