Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

On 9/26/2023 at 8:14 PM, TheGreatestX said:

Janet acknowledging 20 Y.O. on her Instagram stories, says she would have liked to make Do It 2 Me, With U and Enjoy singles.

nn does she not know that With U was a single

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

On 9/29/2023 at 1:35 PM, eli's_rhythm said:

nn does she not know that With U was a single

My guess is Island Def Jam likely just put it out without her involvement.

There's movement going on with her social media. Her FB cover pic has images from all eras. What is she up to? 

17 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

There's movement going on with her social media. Her FB cover pic has images from all eras. What is she up to? 

She seems to have new social media management so I guess they decided to change the photos. I'm surprised they're still using the Unbreakable era stuff tho.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE WILL NEVER DO (WITHOUT YOU)!!! 🎈🎊🎉🎂

• Like 2

When Janet drop a single we better buy and stream the **** out of it the anticipation of new music from Janet is very intense now.

• Like 1

So I tried my hand at doing AI pics of Janet and almost all of them were ruined by miss AI somehow confusing Janet's nose with MJ's/La Toya's :gaycatx:

Here are some of the salvable ones

gro7vvQ.png

Sqcb1Hd.png

FdbixSP.png

qFJcsU2.png

FyrK9mI.png

xhXonJs.png

XNeaYqj.png

xvc26N1.png

yJuQBbO.png

kdViJM4.png

7RCrx3p.png

bgH9B25.png

LxpNpJb.png

irG2NgF.png

ij9Aqve.png

0PGRnqa.png

nUmhSm2.png

UHR4kAm.png

• Like 4

I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of MNEK (he's a British singer who has written for Beyoncé, Madonna, and Little Mix), but I've been revisiting his debut record from 2018 this year and it's reminded me how good it is. He's very inspired by Janet and got to meet her last year at The Velvet Rope anniversary party in London.

This album to me is like he took the themes of emancipation, liberation, and black and queer identity present on The Velvet Rope and expanded upon them 20 years later as a queer and black man. I think it's a profound and excellent body of work that so many more people should hear. It's rooted in pop and r&b but has hints of experimentation.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, holyground13 said:

I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of MNEK (he's a British singer who has written for Beyoncé, Madonna, and Little Mix), but I've been revisiting his debut record from 2018 this year and it's reminded me how good it is. He's very inspired by Janet and got to meet her last year at The Velvet Rope anniversary party in London.

This album to me is like he took the themes of emancipation, liberation, and black and queer identity present on The Velvet Rope and expanded upon them 20 years later as a queer and black man. I think it's a profound and excellent body of work that so many more people should hear. It's rooted in pop and r&b but has hints of experimentation.

yesss 

he posted a collage of the albums that inspired him (lots of janets, brandys and beyonces) :jonny6:

• Like 1

IF this isn't in your list of All Time Iconics I don't even want to know you :jonny2:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

HAPPT BIRTHDAY YOU WANT THIS!!! 🎈🎊🎉🎂

Yesss I’m streaming the remix version to celebrate 😊

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 7:59 PM, livelikemusic said:

My guess is Island Def Jam likely just put it out without her involvement.

It was her last song released to Urban and UAC radio at Virgin Records. 

At this point, the relationship between Janet and Virgin wasn't good because they were only supporting her in the Urban department for 20 Y.O., Virgin was making a merger with Capitol and stopped funding and promoting all artists albums (including LeToya Luckett, her third single was canceled) and I believe someone from her team spilled that at the time, Janet was paying for some promotional things out of pocket. 

On 10/4/2023 at 11:38 PM, Stankonia said:

So I tried my hand at doing AI pics of Janet and almost all of them were ruined by miss AI somehow confusing Janet's nose with MJ's/La Toya's :gaycatx:

gro7vvQ.png

Sqcb1Hd.png

FdbixSP.png

qFJcsU2.png

FyrK9mI.png

xhXonJs.png

XNeaYqj.png

xvc26N1.png

yJuQBbO.png

kdViJM4.png

7RCrx3p.png

bgH9B25.png

LxpNpJb.png

irG2NgF.png

ij9Aqve.png

0PGRnqa.png

nUmhSm2.png

UHR4kAm.png

You did a great job! I have my issues with AI, but the concept is hot and it actually looks like her!

On 10/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, holyground13 said:

Thank you, I've been wanting to listen to MNEK with some recommendations!

21 hours ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

HAPPT BIRTHDAY YOU WANT THIS!!! 🎈🎊🎉🎂

The video, song and live performance of this single is still a vibe and moment! :gaynetcat4:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kishi said:

It was her last song released to Urban and UAC radio at Virgin Records. 

At this point, the relationship between Janet and Virgin wasn't good because they were only supporting her in the Urban department for 20 Y.O., Virgin was making a merger with Capitol and stopped funding and promoting all artists albums (including LeToya Luckett, her third single was canceled) and I believe someone from her team spilled that at the time, Janet was paying for some promotional things out of pocket. 

I keep forgetting 20 Y.O. was put out under Virgin. That album was such a non-era, and they really did not give two s**ts about her, which is a shame because of how much they wanted her initially.

On 10/4/2023 at 11:38 PM, Stankonia said:

These look insane, but pale in comparison to how beautiful Janet actually is.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, xrosup said:

he didn't lie!

people are quick to name Madonna but Janet... whew!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, livelikemusic said:

I keep forgetting 20 Y.O. was put out under Virgin. That album was such a non-era, and they really did not give two s**ts about her, which is a shame because of how much they wanted her initially.

These look insane, but pale in comparison to how beautiful Janet actually is.

:clap3:

All of those magazine shoots weren't the work of the label either, that was all Janet's team since some radio and television channels weren't going to support her. 

That's my biggest issue with AI, I like the photoshoots, but Janet is a natural beauty and too much of the AI stuff of her resembles her siblings more than her.

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

he didn't lie!

people are quick to name Madonna but Janet... whew!

Correct. I think pop stars of today should name both of them. But the exclusion of Janet when any pop star names their influences gets a side eye. Especially when they are taking from her and benefitting from the house she built. 

Edited by kishi

10 minutes ago, kishi said:

:clap3:

All of those magazine shoots weren't the work of the label either, that was all Janet's team since some radio and television channels weren't going to support her. 

That's my biggest issue with AI, I like the photoshoots, but Janet is a natural beauty and too much of the AI stuff of her resembles her siblings more than her.

Janet was working overtime just to get the bare minimum of exposure. Shame.

5 minutes ago, Mke1979 said:

I want a new single from Janet but when????

My guessing possibly 2024.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

My guessing possibly 2024.

I'm ready for a single or two. It's time. 

An album would be nice, but can wait if it's not :flame:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kishi said:

I'm ready for a single or two. It's time. 

An album would be nice, but can wait if it's not :flame:

I'm good waiting on an album until it's exactly right.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.