Dua Lipa

Cain

Dont know why but Im getting "Stripped" vibes from DL3 - less dancey, more punchy, edgy, midtempo, with attitude. I also sense more rock-instrumentals and RnB-elements. Ugh, destroy us Queen :jonny6:

Something like Cant Hold Us Down or Fighter would be so on brand for Dua - both lyrically and sonically.

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• Solaria

• katara

• Virgos Groove

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Why do I feel like the album might be called metamorphosis or chrysalis since she has the whole butterfly theme going on? :-*

She said if you know the title then you know the theme of the album so only metamorphosis thus far makes sense in that regard. 

6 minutes ago, katara said:

It was a reply to that same individual. Seems like he didn't really have any info and got clocked by BZ :lakitu:

Thank god. Did BZ reveal if they have picked a lead single yet? 

Can't believe the wait is almost over and the Butterfly Effect era is just a couple of months away :jonny2:

The way DL3 era will be jam packed full of appearances, performances, red carpets, movie premier for argylle, tour :WAP:

alright so I guess we are getting the lead earlier than we thought :WAP: slay us again queen

I keep forgetting Argylle . . how will that play into DL3 timeline

10 minutes ago, raven said:

alright so I guess we are getting the lead earlier than we thought :WAP: slay us again queen

Lead in Q2, album in Q3. I can feel it.:jonny2:

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Right isn’t she doing the soundtrack for it too? :biblionny:

1 hour ago, Iris said:

Lead in Q2, album in Q3. I can feel it.:jonny2:

I think lead will come in March and album in May. She will want to capitalize on as many months as possible to end up charting high on the year end lists since she knows that her material needs time to grow. 

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

9 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Right isn’t she doing the soundtrack for it too? :biblionny:

That will be DOA just like Swan Song or the whole Home soundtrack :giraffe:

I'm thinking she'll drop DL3 lead early-mid spring, then argylle single/album in summer to let it stand on its own (aka let DL3 lead go through its run in the summer), then second single/album sometime in the fall.

Edited by _Fey

35 minutes ago, katara said:

That will be DOA just like Swan Song or the whole Home soundtrack :giraffe:

Swan Song a bop - ya'll tasteless. But yes I'm sure she'll have just a few songs and that's it. I hope there's nothing - no add'l collabs, standalone songs, etc. - until Argylle and then DL3 lead. Let us be thirsty for a while :jonnycat:

What is Home?

49 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Swan Song a bop - ya'll tasteless. But yes I'm sure she'll have just a few songs and that's it. I hope there's nothing - no add'l collabs, standalone songs, etc. - until Argylle and then DL3 lead. Let us be thirsty for a while :jonnycat:

What is Home?

This icon disagrees :jonny: 

She should let Sam give his feedback again - would be iconic

20 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

This icon disagrees :jonny: 

She should let Sam give his feedback again - would be iconic

Ugh this has me so excited for DL3 :duca:

Not him dragging Swan Song :bibliahh:

For the fifth year in a row One Kiss is on my Spotify Wrapped. A classic :clap3:
8-27-45-63-25 :clap3:

7 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Dont know why but Im getting "Stripped" vibes from DL3 - less dancey, more punchy, edgy, midtempo, with attitude. I also sense more rock-instrumentals and RnB-elements. Ugh, destroy us Queen :jonny6:

Something like Cant Hold Us Down or Fighter would be so on brand for Dua - both lyrically and sonically.

Same, I think the lead will be What You Waiting For? by Gwen type of bop :jonny:

Also, I kinda don't like Metamorphosis... It's kinda too specific and "edgy". I think Butterfly Effect would work better

33 minutes ago, 808s said:

Same, I think the lead will be What You Waiting For? by Gwen type of bop :jonny:

Also, I kinda don't like Metamorphosis... It's kinda too specific and "edgy". I think Butterfly Effect would work better

Omg if she ever came around with sth like What You waiting for, I'd think ATRL and the World would collapse :jonny5:

Dua has the World in the hands of her palm right now, if she released sth as during and amazing as WYWF, shed demolish :jonny6:

14 hours ago, katara said:

She said if you know the title then you know the theme of the album so only metamorphosis thus far makes sense in that regard. 

i don't get this?? nothing about the butterfly stuff she's obsessed over makes me immediately think of any sonical theme. i think that's what she meant about the title. you read it, and you know exactly what it's going to sound like, what genre/inspiration she's picked. 

Butterfly is just too abstract of an album theme, there's nothing that instantly jumps out

and one thing that makes me think it's not that is she stopped wearing butterfly stuff. even the versace designs, she's stopped wearing. she's all dark and edgy now with these baggy fits.

what is ya'lls thoughts on her being in the studio with Mick Jagger? I doubt they would collab so maybe she asked him personally if she could sample a song by the Rolling Stones? :celestial5:

6 hours ago, Spice said:

DL3 will be her rock leaning/mi gente latino era :katie2:

Her Infatuation is coming :jonny:

On 11/29/2022 at 2:55 AM, unclefloprry said:

but we need an extra album between DL3 and DL4 to avoid the 4th album curse :celestial5:

Maybe a Greatest Hits or an album with Elton :giraffe:

Christmas album with Cold Heart sounds :jonnycat: and a little bit of Celine in it

On 11/30/2022 at 3:41 PM, makeme said:

Cold heart was #4 for me :rip:

Cold Heart was #2 last year :rip: usually I SPAM songs then I don't play them after I captured that zeitgeist of my life so in few years later, nostalgia kicks in and I experience all those memories! 

Poison and Rotten Turd just didn't cut it for me this year although I did spam both in their first month to boost their daily sfreams. Always doing charity :foxaylove2:

On 12/1/2022 at 1:40 PM, *-ChriZ-* said:

So are we ready for her "Fighter"?

Pop-Rock Duallah is upon us

:jonny5:

A mature and acclaimed pop rock sound, Avril should take notes :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.