Demi Lovato

Phoenixstar

Just now, Freakshowvato said:

Why is Unbroken so hated :sistrens:

It literally turned me into a Demi stan. Lightweight, Hold Up, Together, In Real Life, Fix A Heart, For The Love Of A Daughter, Unbroken.... all bops :sistrens:

The issue is I don't necessarily hate it but the majority of it hasn't aged gracefully, the first four tracks are out of place and it sounds extremely dated in the current soundscape. It's like listening to 2010s faceless electro fodder, as much as it has some of Demi's all-time grails such as MLILAS. I love GYHAB and the ballads, the rest...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• Freakshowvato

• VictorJustino

• KBax

• ATRL Moderator

Can we talk about the outtakes from TAOSO because I’ve been listening to them obsessively for weeks :jamming:

- Hope Is a Scary Thing, It’s All Good, Killing You Softly, Eden, Emotional Top Shelf, Bad Ideas, Forget You :wanda:they are literally all good, Demi could’ve easily released a double album I fear 

1. DWTD… TAOSO
  2. Confident
  3. Tell Me You Love Me
  4. DEMI
  5. Unbroken
  6. Don’t Forget = Here We Go Again

I think Holy **** will be #1 or #2 when all is said & done

... leaves me cold. Self-titled is the one that sounds surprisingly fresh next to other 2013 albums. Ahead of its time.

• ATRL Moderator

1. The Art of Starting Over

2. Demi/Here We Go Again

3. Tell Me You Love Me

4. Confident

5. Unbroken

6. Don’t Forget

1 minute ago, justin464 said:
  1. DWTD… TAOSO
  2. Confident
  3. Tell Me You Love Me
  4. DEMI
  5. Unbroken
  6. Don’t Forget = Here We Go Again

I think Holy **** will be #1 or #2 when all is said & done

Yeah, Holy **** will be #1 with ease

• ATRL Moderator

Self-titled just has some of the highest highs in their career: HA, I Hate You Don’t Leave Me, Nightingale, Two Pieces, Without the Love, and Shouldn’t Come Back whew an album

Confident is a disjointed convoluted mess with no clear direction compared to gorgeous self-titled.

4 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Confident is a disjointed convoluted mess with no clear direction compared to gorgeous self-titled.

The fact we have a lesbian hook up pop rock banger as the 2nd track only for a few tracks later to have a soulful Church song begging a heterosexual man to marry Demi.

Edited by Freakshowvato

7 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Self-titled just has some of the highest highs in their career: HA, I Hate You Don’t Leave Me, Nightingale, Two Pieces, Without the Love, and Shouldn’t Come Back whew an album

I agree plus Heart Attack alone

Heart Attack GIF by Demi Lovato - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Freakshowvato

2 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

The fact we have a lesbian hook up pop rock banger as the 2nd track only for a few tracks later to have a soulful Church song begging a heterosexual man to marry Demi.

Confident is genre-wise and thematically all over the place and its tracklisting was as arbitrary as it gets. What was Demi trying to do placing Stone Cold before Kingdom Come? :rip: 

13 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Can we talk about the outtakes from TAOSO because I’ve been listening to them obsessively for weeks :jamming:

- Hope Is a Scary Thing, It’s All Good, Killing You Softly, Eden, Emotional Top Shelf, Bad Ideas, Forget You :wanda:they are literally all good, Demi could’ve easily released a double album I fear 

Grey, Change You and I'm Sorry alone are incredible tracks and those are bonus tracks. DWTDTAOSO is such a strong album and even the songs that didn't make it on there but from that universe are incredible. I think Demi highlighted the ones that are colorful and interesting production wise on the tracklist, and left off the more straightforward songs. I'm happy with Demi's decision making. The rest of the songs remind me of Still Have Me in that they're more basic and not as daring in sound. Some of my favorite unreleased tracks from that era:

Emotional Top Shelf

Forget You

I'm Fine

Hope Is A Scary Thing

Eden

Breathe

Mistakes

All I Wanna Know

Written In The Sand

Let's Hang Out In My Dreams (still did not surface but the way Demi describes it)

Third Eye (Psychic, still did not surface)

5 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Confident is genre-wise and thematically all over the place and its tracklisting was as arbitrary as it gets. What was Demi trying to do placing Stone Cold before Kingdom Come? :rip: 

We have the same taste! Literally feels so disjointed sound and topic wise. DEMI and Unbroken are similar albums, like not conceptual or anything, but still able to achieve a sense of cohesion and stability, like Demi knows who they are in those songs. Confident was just an attempt at different things all at once, and it feels unfinished. It needed like 6 more months to fully realize the potential and concept of that album IMO.

This song just came on shuffle omg, I forgot how good it is. When Happy Ending is HOLY ****'s album closer, I swear Demi makes the best songs closing tracks

Too many wins these days :gaycatina1: Get in girlssssss

Update!

Does anyone else wish Demi worked with other producers than just Oak? Especially for a rock album?

For example, John Fields, Jason Evigan, Justin Tranter.

All these people have produced amazing songs for Demi in the past and I think would've been amazing on a rock project.

i need to know why demi and iggy azalea aren't friends anymore : (

On 6/18/2022 at 2:55 AM, Freakshowvato said:

Does anyone else wish Demi worked with other producers than just Oak? Especially for a rock album?

For example, John Fields, Jason Evigan, Justin Tranter.

All these people have produced amazing songs for Demi in the past and I think would've been amazing on a rock project.

I wish Demi experimented with reputable rock/metal producers she hasn't worked with before, e.g. Steve Albini (Nirvana's In Utero & PJ Harvey's Rid of Me), Terry Date (BMTH's Sempiternal), Kevin Shirley (Iron Maiden's Senjutsu).

On 6/15/2022 at 8:49 AM, Ampersand13 said:

Emotional Top Shelf is a slay, whew. Lemme listen to the rest when I can focus

• ATRL Moderator
53 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Emotional Top Shelf is a slay, whew. Lemme listen to the rest when I can focus

YAS!!!! Ugh, so many amazing tracks thank god so many surfaced

they are rumored to be featured on the cover of a turkish magazine for the first time

INTERESTING

i also heard that it is pretty famous so i expect a BIG SLAY MOMENT :heart::WAP::heart:

(the magazine in question: https://omcdergi.com/ )

Can this go viral on Tiktok? Such a summer banger :WAP: I need more EDM collabs by Demi, especially since we have a rock era, we should get side projects that are EDM collabs to expose Demi onto radio and help sell the tour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.