• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

1 hour ago, Triton said:

I assume she will have another one in last act with a Honey section. It would be a gag if at the end she can combine all 3 "Honeys" into one song.  

that's actually my biggest wish for act iii. i'll be really mad if we don't get HONEY pt. iii

i also wonder which other songs were split and used for different songs in the end. i always have a feeling that part ii of II HANDS II HEAVEN had something to do with PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA. and i am basically sure that parts of I'M THAT GIRL and ALIEN SUPERSTAR were once the same song 

• Like 4

I actually want Beyoncé to do more song blending. I'd love if she looked at music-making similar to the classical sense... suites and themes that get repeated (like she sorta did with AMERIICAN REQUIEM and AMEN). She's beyond having to work entirely within the confines of established pop conventions. I'd love to hear her break out of that, just let things flow and move and change and evolve within a 12-minute track run, or something, similar almost to the ethos of a club mix that are usually around that length.

A song like Frank Oceans' Pyramids is one of the greatest of the 2010s in part because of its scope and the way it changes and evolves.

And despite Beyoncé only doing it 4 times within 11 years (across 6 musical projects, unless I counted wrong), I do think it's somewhat of a signature of her modern music making, as it's something many others don't do.

On COWBOY CARTER its especially interesting because the eight songs from YA YA until AMEN all pretty much transition seamlessly into one another which is different from how the album began, and then on the penultimate song we have that in near-hyper-speed: three songs merged into one mega-song right before the end, right before Beyoncé slows it down again and takes us back to the melody of the very beginning.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

that's actually my biggest wish for act iii. i'll be really mad if we don't get HONEY pt. iii

i also wonder which other songs were split and used for different songs in the end. i always have a feeling that part ii of II HANDS II HEAVEN had something to do with PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA. and i am basically sure that parts of I'M THAT GIRL and ALIEN SUPERSTAR were once the same song 

I wonder if that's true (about ITG and AS) or she just was sprinkling flavour around to create that marvellous sense of cohesion the album has.

I really wish I was able to experience 'CUFF IT/ENERGY/BREAK MY SOUL' for the first time again. When I realized that it was a new song while listening, my wig was truly in another galaxy. :DWAS:

• Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Mania said:

FREEDOM remains as their only good collab, NILE/AHAP are meh/terrible. :michael:

I understand why your username is Mania because you have to be experiencing a manic episode to think AHAP The Remix is meh. 

8 minutes ago, mons†er said:

I really wish I was able to experience 'CUFF IT/ENERGY/BREAK MY SOUL' for the first time again. When I realized that it was a new song while listening, my wig was truly in another galaxy. :DWAS:

Me after hearing the transition from POTS to VG for the first time :jonny5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, alien superstore said:

The next big push will definitely be Levii's Jeans sadly. Maybe we'll get a solid visualiser for the song to tie in with the multi-chapter campaign instead of a remix? But that seems like the single Parkwood will need to push. Maybe Bodyguard could have a late push around the time of the tour like how they pushed out AHAP 

The ad will do nothing for the song. Beyoncé will do nothing to make the song a single. There won't be any playlisting, it won't get sent to radio. Nothing. It's literally going to give SUMMER REN in the Tiffany campaign. That's it.

:clack:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Do you think she'll endorse Kamala one hour before polls close just like last time?

giphy.gif

who cares if we won't get a performance out of it 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

random but I kinda want Bey to smile on one of her album covers. she always has a serious face in all her solo albums. I think she's only ever smiled on one album cover

00dfc1065b0c6061c544e78fa9977eb3.1000x1000x1.jpg

and on this one I always found it a kii how all the other girls have wide smiles apart from Bey :lmao:

60af718b6ed21683dd69c51b08b5c1aa.1000x1000x1.jpg

it can be cute if done right e.g.

Whitney_Houston_%E2%80%93_My_Love_Is_Your_Love_(album).pngJanet_Jackson_-_All_for_You_(album).pngMariahcarey_memoirsofanimperfectangel.png

Edited by Burn
  • Like 5

Michelle's face card >>>>>>> 

I love how Beyoncé & Kelly knew she was the missing piece. I always wanted to hear TOTW reimagined with Michelle. The thought of her singing the bridge of 'Hey Ladies' 

:jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

Edited by mons†er
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Burn said:

random but I kinda want Bey to smile on one of her album covers. she always has a serious face in all her solo albums. I think she's only ever smiled on one album cover

00dfc1065b0c6061c544e78fa9977eb3.1000x1000x1.jpg

and on this one I always found it a kii how all the other girls have wide smiles apart from Bey :lmao:

60af718b6ed21683dd69c51b08b5c1aa.1000x1000x1.jpg

it can be cute if done right e.g.

Whitney_Houston_%E2%80%93_My_Love_Is_Your_Love_(album).pngJanet_Jackson_-_All_for_You_(album).pngMariahcarey_memoirsofanimperfectangel.png

Yes! 

I feel like Bey has one of the most beautiful smiles (and eyebrows) next to Whitney. She needs to incorporate it more often. The stoic/serious/dark face is getting tired. 

Remember someone on here said they got word that Parkwood scrapped a SUMMER RENAISSANCE EP (:rip:) and "BODYGUARD" single and music video? :rip:

In what world? Echoville?

:suburban:

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mons†er said:

Michelle's face card >>>>>>> 

I love how Beyoncé & Kelly knew she was the missing piece. I always wanted to hear TOTW reimagined with Michelle. The thought of her singing the bridge of 'Hey Ladies' 

:jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

She would've ate on bridges on the first album, amazing Grace, say my name, and I'm doing so so so so SO goood! I love Michelle and Beyoncés back and forth with the vocals on Survivor. truly  hilarious and i loved that they both persevered both the unfair hate trains they received from media post-DC4 breakup. They took the most shots than Kelly did and that's why both came to eat and leave no crumbs on Destiny Fulfilled even though it was supposed to be the Kelly album.

• Like 3

I honestly hope Act 3 is full of demonic/apocalyptic imagery and symbolism atp. Give the OBH NO sleep. Give us the essays and viral conspiracy theories. Make Jaguar Wright's eyes pop out of her head with a think/scream piece! 

spacer.png

• Haha 10

8 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Ok, this whole thing is so amazing.

Bey give us content momma.

this would be something just for fans and not to generate a huge profit so she would never. 

5 hours ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

She would've ate on bridges on the first album, amazing Grace, say my name, and I'm doing so so so so SO goood! I love Michelle and Beyoncés back and forth with the vocals on Survivor. truly  hilarious and i loved that they both persevered both the unfair hate trains they received from media post-DC4 breakup. They took the most shots than Kelly did and that's why both came to eat and leave no crumbs on Destiny Fulfilled even though it was supposed to be the Kelly album.

What do you mean with that?

5 hours ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

Michelle and Beyoncé would absolutely kill a new DC3 album.

She's really emboding that Hollywood golden era.

18 minutes ago, Sabandija said:

What do you mean with that?

Michelle and Beyoncé would absolutely kill a new DC3 album.

She's really emboding that Hollywood golden era.

Yes, with that Blues/Rock sound

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.