Beyoncé

Kisuke

Where are the Whitney fans at?

How does Beyoncé stack up against Miss Whitney in terms of vocals? Harmonies? Power? Tone? Range? Dynamics? Versatility? 

What Whitney songs could Beyoncé not do justice? And vice versa.

What Whitney songs would you like to see Beyoncé cover? What Beyoncé songs would you have liked Whitney to take on?

• Replies 116k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

Imagine we (probably) have to wait 2 eras to get any kind of visual since act 3 won't have any if she really isn't releasing act 1 or 2 visuals. :eli:

Since Vegas didn't happen, she could've done a Residency in an arena (like MJ was going to) basically anywhere. I'd love to see what an arena show would look like now. 

GXNlUxTXwAANH0x?format=jpg&name=medium

I know Nicki's a madwoman but this just pissed me off all over again. TIDAL was so useless and really crippled Bey's potential for years

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

GXNlUxTXwAANH0x?format=jpg&name=medium

I know Nicki's a madwoman but this just pissed me off all over again. TIDAL was so useless and really crippled Bey's potential for years

And she's only gotten worse :) 

Nicki is right to call out Jay-Z's shoddy deals. I don't care for Nicki's music or her personality, but Jay is a big red flag. It would be disrespectful for me to tell  ey to leave her husband, but he moves like a straight up snake, and that has impacted Bey's career in a negative light.

Edited by LegaMyth
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

On 9/13/2024 at 5:23 PM, Fleahive said:

I already clocked her before but y'all can go ahead and add her to the hater list. I don't want to hear excuses. Her tone is never correct when it comes to Beyonce and she thinks they're on the same level for some reason. 

Also the other day I was watching Grammy wins from the early 2000s and Mary J Blige and Beyonce were nominated in an r&b category. Ring The Alarm vs Be Without You. I noticed in the audience that Carrie Underwood clapped for Mary but did not clap or move at all when Beyoncé's nomination came up. These American idol winners are so bitter that they will only be known for winning a silly talent show. 

I don't like this woman. There's something about her reasoning that does not sit right with me. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2024 at 4:56 PM, Anvarie said:

How does Beyoncé stack up against Miss Whitney in terms of vocals? Harmonies? Power? Tone? Range? Dynamics? Versatility? 

What Whitney songs would you like to see Beyoncé cover? What Beyoncé songs would you have liked Whitney to take on?

Spoiler

Not the gworls ignoring you. I can't tell you a thing about Whitney outside of her popular singles and performances. From what I gather Whitney is a classic powerhouse. She can belt Beyonce into shame. Beyoncé has more control over her agility and runs, although Whitney may not prefer that style of singing. Beyonce is more versatile. Beyoncé has better harmony than everyone dead or alive. Idk anything about Whitney's range. People dragged Beyoncés performance of I will Always Love You. It wasn't bad but definitely an unnecessary cover that haters can easily use to show she's an inferior vocalist. Whitney probably can't sing anything where Beyonce is having a Christina Aguilera moment like the intro to Countdown. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pepo said:
  Hide contents

I'd pick Beyoncé even over Whitney 

Same here tbh.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2024 at 5:56 PM, Anvarie said:

Whitney songs I'd like to see her cover: 1.You give Good love 

2.I Wanna Dance with Somebody

3. All the man that I Need

4.lover for life

5.he's all over me 

6.it's not right but it's okay

7.love that man

8.so emotional 

9.I go to the rock 

10.im every woman (Whitney kinda did too much on this one. Beyonce would do a great cover but Chaka is kinda a hater so idk if she would)

Most  of the darkchild songs from the My love is your love album  would've been  easily slayed by Beyonce.

Beyonce has better harmonies and versatility (Whitney can't sing sexy convincingly) and better range (her head voice and lowest notes shock me) but Whitney beats everybody on tone. 

Whitney grew up a Diana Ross stan and that's her biggest vocal influence and where she gets her tone from not Cissy or Aretha. Thats why she wanted to do Dreamgirls. Whitney was a perfect mix of Diana and and Aretha/Cissy/the church. 

The Preachers wife soundtrack and fighting temptations soundtrack and dc gospel songs were together on my playlist 

Beyonce songs I'd like to see Whitney cover: 

1.Love on Top

2.Listen

3.i was here

4.Halo

5.Survivor 

6.1+1

7.Cater 2 U

8.I Miss You

9.Heaven

10.emotion (Destinys child)

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2024 at 4:46 PM, Burn said:

0a4t8R7.png

accurate or nah?

Mental breakdown is definitely Self Titled. Everyone was going crazy that night 

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2024 at 5:56 PM, Anvarie said:

Here!!!! She was my first favorite before Bey.

Harmonies definitely go to Bey..her ear is insane. "My Rose" has been stuck in my head all day because of them.... Whitney never played with stacks, she preferred traditional background singers on records (i wish Bey  would try it once or twice just change it up a bit)

Power is Whitney for sure, her mid belts were legendary and her sweet spot

Tone is Whitney for me, especially from early to mid 90's. The tone in their head voices can go head to head though

Range goes to Bey for me. From what I read they both are classified as Mezzo's but Ive heard Bey display much more in both lows and highs

Dynamic's ...whew...Whitney played with dynamics like no other!! One of her superpowers so id go with her, Bey is no slouch either! see any performance for Dangerously In Love...so good!!

Versatility goes to Bey no question. i mean..Look at the material haha.... 

I think Beyoncé is technically capable of singing any Whitney song but she couldnt replicate the feeling that Whitney brought to them, Any of Beys heavy hip hop influenced/ sexy songs Whitney couldnt pull off at all

I would love hear Beys take on Run to You, Exhale (Shoop), All The Man I Need, Queen of The Night all in a live arrangement that way shes free to embellish, shed slayyy

For Whitney, obviously Listen, it'd be so good, 1+1, Love on Top, Me Myself and I, If I were a Boy, Spirit 

• Like 2

Cowboy Carter is Bey's richest album. How she continues to grow, especially vocally is insane. Renaissance is her most electrifying album. She's tapped into a new artistic freedom with these "acts" and it makes me so excited for what comes next and how she continues to evolve artistically - especially now that she feels so unshackled. Phew. 

• Like 6

+++

American Requiem is literally one of the best songs I've ever heard. The vocals, the 4 min+ build up until she finally lets the tension go and those drums come in. The instrumentation!!! From the deep bass to the sitar and guitar and so many sounds. And that ending>>>> You feel like you are levitating. I have grown to love the song more and more with time. It is like he own Bohemian Rhapsody and I want more. I neeeeeed more. I need those harmonies injected in me. 

Tyrant has been the standout bop of this album. Its so much fun, especially singing along to it. And bridge onwards that song is literally magic. Like... insanity. It is up there as the top 5 most played songs of the album. It is endless fun. The song is a bop, its sexual, its sad, its reflective, its hurt, sex, regret, desperation, reflection, etc. all balled into one bop. 

Levi Jeans. I really dont give a **** what the hive says of feels about this song. It is such a beautiful song and potentially the streaming hit that got away. Its is so smooth, it melts! Sexy little thiiiiiinnggg. Another one with insane replay value as it is fun, sexy, playful, romantic all balled into one smooth song with beautiful vocals that make you instantly relax. Underrated guitar background too. 

Ya Ya is the song that literally no one else could do. Cannot talk about the vocals enough. Her deep voice at the end literally feels like an out of body experience. Such a hype song. She killed it... it leaves me speechless. Its among her best songs. 

Riverdance. I have such a tough relationship with this song because at once I feel like it is among her best and also something feels off or hard to digest. The lyrics are just elite. The tune is amazing and her vocal delivery pisses me off - its so good. The secret to the song is to catch on to the lyrics and vocal delivery of the verses - which actually tell the story of the song even more that the lyrics. She goes from constraint about her desperate love to giving into that desperation and feeling as it overtakes her - the vocals accordingly go higher and more intense. The song is ******* brilliant. 

There are so many other standouts. What an album. I know we get lost in the stuff that isn't, but when I pause to appreciate what is... I get overwhelmed. I want to consume this masterpiece is all forms. In the best headphones, in a car with a banger music system, on an amazing surround sound home theater... 

People might not always pay CC the attention it demands - it is so layered and rich - Bey really got that Whoaa there

• Thanks 7

- - - 

CC is so damn cinematic in its soundscape that for me the lack of not just visuals, but even a visual identity, really hurts for me. More than Renaissance - which developed such a strong and unique visual identity (the silver, the horse, the disco ball, the tour). CC does not have that. Even with the album cover and lyric videos, Renaissance had a more distinct Black and disco (and some flashy colors) aspect to it. It felt like a unique club. CC does not, and since it is so damn cinematic, with songs begging for a live or visual component - as it has so many more - incredible - live instruments too. It truly sucks. But it is what it is. 

As a fan and someone who loves art, I will not knock on Bey for her artistic decisions - including scrapping visuals for whatever reason - but the shabby launch of CC + no communication about clearly teased visuals feels annoying when she is actively releasing and promoting "side" (for us cuz we came for her music) businesses. 

The part that does suck (it is not more important than the actual music and its quality) is the limits that are placed on our ability to share this joy and art and quality material with the world (or GP or friends) since the songs don't reach their potential in terms of access and commercial success. Again, I understand bey has been there and done that, but it is a natural feeling to have when you love something so much - you want to share it. I know so many people that would have independently LOVED bodyguard or American Requiem or Levi's Jeans. Again... is what it is... 

Lastly, I really question the three act structure with so much spacing. Did she really have the music in place already? Isn't she kinda over it by sitting on it so long? I truly wonder what is going on in her head with respect to all of this. 

I'm sure she feels the pressure of delivering on the "final" act. 

Edited by Calypso
spelling
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.