• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

17 hours ago, nooniebao said:

An iconic album.

Fave unreleased/obscure songs from the era (ANY of these could've replaced career low point "Daddy" :lmao:):

(1) Wrapped Around Me (w/ Missy Elliott and potentially Tweet on the backgrounds) - one of the final songs left on the cutting-room floor. Only exists in demo form sung by Cheri Dennis. Destiny's Child in either iteration would've also done a great job with this too.

(2) My First Time - Pharrell. Just a sweet song for a lazy drive or a deep house clean.

(3) Keep Giving Your Love To Me

(4) Baby You're The Only Man

(5) Sexy Lil Thug - Another Scott Storch creation... I'm surprised 50 didn't clear the remix for the publishing and writing money alone.

(6) I Can't Take No More (this sounds like a Fighting Temptations bonus track to me)

(7) What's It Gonna Be

(8) Body Rock

• Like 5

1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

An iconic album.

Fave unreleased/obscure songs from the era (ANY of these could've replaced career low point "Daddy" :lmao:):

(1) Wrapped Around Me (w/ Missy Elliott and potentially Tweet on the backgrounds) - one of the final songs left on the cutting-room floor. Only exists in demo form sung by Cheri Dennis. Destiny's Child in either iteration would've also done a great job with this too.

(2) My First Time - Pharrell. Just a sweet song for a lazy drive or a deep house clean.

(3) Keep Giving Your Love To Me

(4) Baby You're The Only Man

(5) Sexy Lil Thug - Another Scott Storch creation... I'm surprised 50 didn't clear the remix for the publishing and writing money alone.

(6) I Can't Take No More (this sounds like a Fighting Temptations bonus track to me)

(7) What's It Gonna Be

(8) Body Rock

Baby Boy Alternate Version was the Sh** - It leaked weeks before the official release

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm kinda getting into Chappell

Chappell has overtaken Bey as my most played artist this month, whoops :gaycat7:I've noticed lots of other Beyhive getting into her too, taste :heart:

As @benyonce joked to me - we are the only stan base not threatened by her talent :dies:

Edited by BeyBronts
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, BeyBronts said:

Chappell has overtaken Bey as my most played artist this month, whoops :gaycat7:I've noticed lots of other Beyhive getting into her too, taste :heart:

As @benyonce joked to me - we are the only stan base not threatened by her talent :dies:

Chappell oozes ambition and passion, sth we as a stan base loved in our fav until she became too successful for her own good, depriving us of what we really adored about her.

Also, everything is easy about Chappell and carefree. With Bey, it seems like everything is deep and there is a thirst for creating meaningful content that is rooted in some historical background etc.. It's like this constant need to create sth profound, almost to prove that she's "more than ..". It's nice to have someone not take everything so seriously (Chappell) and just be instead of wanting to be, if that makes sense

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Chappell oozes ambition and passion, sth we as a stan base loved in our fav until she became too successful for her own good, depriving us of what we really adored about her.

Also, everything is easy about Chappell and carefree. With Bey, it seems like everything is deep and there is a thirst for creating meaningful content that is rooted in some historical background etc.. It's like this constant need to create sth profound, almost to prove that she's "more than ..". It's nice to have someone not take everything so seriously (Chappell) and just be instead of wanting to be, if that makes sense

I also like her rawness. Compare her live performance at Coachella to Bey's RWT film. The latter is fabulously slick and polished but I do miss just seeing Bey go off on stage with live instruments cluttering up the background (like her AOL sessions or Glasto set)

One of the reasons the Stevie Tribute is one of her best performances ever is because of those rougher edges

Edited by alien superstore
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

Bey rn

peepocomfy-peepo.gif

moving those feet more than she did on tour

:suburban:

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I think this comparison doesn't make much sense. Chappel is just starting out :psyduck:. In an era where "carefree" and "relatability" is celebrated just like "sexyness" "choreo heavy videos" were for Bey in her early days. I wouldn't put that against Bey when comparing her to Chappel :psyduck:. She's at a point where she been there done that so trying to create something meaningful is what gets her going this days... it's frustrating, annoying, but it is what it is.

Who knows where Chappel will be in 20 years from now. Maybe doing political meaningful art that barely get streams :cm:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rafael said:

I think this comparison doesn't make much sense. Chappel is just starting out :psyduck:. In an era where "carefree" and "relatability" is celebrated just like "sexyness" "choreo heavy videos" were for Bey in her early days. I wouldn't put that against Bey when comparing her to Chappel :psyduck:. She's at a point where she been there done that so trying to create something meaningful is what gets her going this days... it's frustrating, annoying, but it is what it is.

Who knows where Chappel will be in 20 years from now. Maybe doing political meaningful art that barely get streams :cm:

Oh, im not necessarily saying it as sth negative. Its just the way it is - Bey is very meaningful and deep in her art, to the point of the art being consumed by that ambition. Its nice to have someone tackle these topic, however Its certainly not contributing to replayability. Its just the way it is

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Devin said:

what song is this again? 

SPREAD DESERT EAGLE, the one and only :WAP:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Devin said:

what song is this again? 

when this is asked in your die hard fanbase forum 

GvBlvy.gif

Edited by family.guy123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Throughout all the negativity Beyonce still holds a place that most artist can only ever dream of…if she wanted to she can tap Antonoff, Dream , No ID, Mustard, Tay Keith, Stargate, Dr.Luke, etc for a hit. That's unique to her and maybe Rihanna, that's it. 

Cowboy Carter was not it. Most people that I know are casual fans and they were not feeling it at all. Despite buying floor seats for Renaissance there is no anticipation for a tour for this act II album. Hopefully she lays low, then releases act iii and it's actually good/replayable. Or else it's a downhill to irrelevancy 

3 hours ago, Ari29 said:

Throughout all the negativity Beyonce still holds a place that most artist can only ever dream of…if she wanted to she can tap Antonoff, Dream , No ID, Mustard, Tay Keith, Stargate, Dr.Luke, etc for a hit. That's unique to her and maybe Rihanna, that's it. 

Cowboy Carter was not it. Most people that I know are casual fans and they were not feeling it at all. Despite buying floor seats for Renaissance there is no anticipation for a tour for this act II album. Hopefully she lays low, then releases act iii and it's actually good/replayable. Or else it's a downhill to irrelevancy 

I genuinely don't think you understand or know what level beyonce is at. The people you know (casual fans) are not representative of all the casual fans.  A lot of those casual fans did not like renaissance either because they thought it was gay and annoying but guess how that tour ended up. If bey announced a tour for this album she will outgross renaissance tour. Her ability to sell a tour is not tied to the album she releases..it is solely because everyone and their mama knows there is no better performer than beyonce. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.