Beyoncé

Kisuke

Meh, we’ve seen with RTW that you can promote a song to death and if it’s not hitting its not hitting. That isn’t the point, there are a lot of other factors with Doja’s situation. Hostility towards fans, sound shift, embracing satanic imagery, etc… If the album was similar to planet her, would have slayed.

We’ve all stressed that the quality of the music Beyoncé has, matched with the proper push, the results will follow. Like PTTR.. I think the issue is after 4 Beyoncé realized she’d rather flop with no promo than flop trying. But alas her efforts is why 4 is one of her most streamed albums and lemonade is paid dust.

Edited by sillycilla

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

3 minutes ago, Draper. said:

And there you have another artist with singles, promotion, performances, tiktok presence, playlisting and high budget videos, just for the album to pull half the streams Renaissance debuted with in Spotify -which is not even Beyoncé's best platform. The comparisons are only brought to drag Beyoncé, never to show the whole story. :katie:

the annoying part is in 2 months said album will be outstreaming Rennie. The hype for Bey is astronomical but she lets it all fizzle out. lemonade outsold everyone is 2016 just for it to become irrelevant.

Anyway, tonight should be magnificent. Houston Texas Baby!!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

the annoying part is in 2 months said album will be outstreaming Rennie. The hype for Bey is astronomical but she lets it all fizzle out. lemonade outsold everyone is 2016 just for it to become irrelevant.

This is absolutely true. I hear a lot of people saying the album is actually good, so those who were initially turned off by her antics will come around in the upcoming weeks.

I’m excited for tonight as well,I need all the livestreams!!!! I wonder if Meg is performing tonight or tomorrow?

Edited by sillycilla

7 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Well, the point still stands that having 70m monthly listeners (more than Bey has ever had) doesn’t necessarily translate in more streams. Having the #1 song in the world doesn’t make people check your album. The singles game and the albums game is completely different. :michael:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

I will say I’m glad that we stan a mature queen who doesn’t have to go on lives to attack others.

:khaylan2:

That's one thing I love about her.

She never not ONCE entertains any bs that comes her way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Draper. said:

Well, the point still stands that having 70m monthly listeners (more than Bey has ever had) doesn’t necessarily translate in more streams. Having the #1 song in the world doesn’t make people check your album. The singles game and the albums game is completely different. :michael:

yeah i know that. i didnt partake in that monthly listeners debate. Didnt Lana’s album also flop despite her having more daily streams? 

Bey’s problems remain even when others flop. You need the hits for longevity. PTTR debuted with half the streams of BMS and yet it’s already bigger than all the Renny singles

Everytime someone releases something, there is endless talks about that artist vs Beyoncé. Aren't y'all tired? no seriously, it's so weird. Beyoncé debuted in late 90's for god's sake. Name me ONE artist from her era doing 2 billion + on Spotify in 2023.  Who is doing $500M+ on a tour from the 90's?  Name just one. Beyoncé has already won the game from her era, which is why she doesn't give a damn about the extra stuff. She is in her own lane already. The moment y'all truly understand that is when you will stop this nonsense.

Edited by jane
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

A new album should be out streaming it. Doja still hasn’t got a solid fan base based on those debut numbers. She is like Katy when she was big. 

All we need is the visuals and the streams will go up again. 

1 hour ago, Draper. said:

And there you have another artist with singles, promotion, performances, tiktok presence, playlisting and high budget videos, just for the album to pull half the streams Renaissance debuted with in Spotify -which is not even Beyoncé's best platform. The comparisons are only brought to drag Beyoncé, never to tell the whole story. :katie:

A kiii to be honest. Imagine if beyonce did all that and did scarlet numbers...what will be the new thing they will ***** about in this miserable base?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jane said:

Everytime someone releases something, there is endless talks about that artist vs Beyoncé. Aren't y'all tired? no seriously, it's so weird. Beyoncé debuted in late 90's for god's sake. Name me ONE artist from her era doing 2 billion + on Spotify in 2023.  Who is doing $500M+ on a tour from the 90's?  Name just one. Beyoncé has already won the game from her era, which is why she doesn't give a damn about the extra stuff. She is in her own lane already. The moment y'all truly understand that is when you will stop this nonsense.

Thank you. This is why i genuinely think they should go stan other artists. 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

@R.E.M. you still want this avi fam?

spacer.png

yes baby :heart: if Solana doesn't release LANA this Fall like she promised, she'll be getting booted from my avi

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jane said:

this doesnt change anything. just because someone else flopped doesnt make Bey’s dumb moves smart. You guys keep saying we shouldnt compare her to others and yet you are using someone flopping to justify her stupid behavior :rip: 

We just want more good things for Bey. thats all

6 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

A kiii to be honest. Imagine if beyonce did all that and did scarlet numbers...what will be the new thing they will ***** about in this miserable base?

“imagine if” this is literally a made up scenario :lmao: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

this doesnt change anything. just because someone else flopped doesnt make Bey’s dumb moves smart. You guys keep saying we shouldnt compare her to others and yet you are using someone flopping to justify her stupid behavior :rip: 

We just want more good things for Bey. thats all

“imagine if” this is literally a made up scenario :lmao: 

You want more for YOU so you can go brag in other bases about bulllshit that means nothing to anyone but stans. Meanwhile Beyoncé is the only solo act from her era making these numbers and y'all are acting like it's nothing and everyday thing. With fans like you, she doesn't need haters. Thankfully Beyoncé is smarter and is over the slave mentality. She has a life outside of music and she only focuses on things that matter. Keep up with her or move on. It wont change either. I doubt Beyoncé in her 40's is going back to the previous way of promoting ever again. She is moving forward. 

Edited by jane
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sillycilla said:

This is absolutely true. I hear a lot of people saying the album is actually good, so those who were initially turned off by her antics will come around in the upcoming weeks.

I’m excited for tonight as well,I need all the livestreams!!!! I wonder if Meg is performing tonight or tomorrow?

It isn’t good 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Meh I think it’s fair. Is MJ’s debut with J5 his peers or when his first solo album released? I can see why people go by the latter with Bey. 

Clearly the likes of Britney, Christina, usher, Jt due to age. But she also debut her solo career in 2003 two years before Rihanna, and two before Taylor and so on. She’s in the mix between both generation of stars like MJ was. Bey vs rih was a huge thing like Christina vs Britney or Whitney vs Mariah (even though their debuts were 6 years apart) they are all lumped in. 

Edited by sillycilla

7 hours ago, Otter said:

Nah, not everything should be centered around these kind of optics, or tour gross. I love it when people who otherwise wouldn't get to see her get the chance and casual fans who would ignore are exposed to her talent. As long as the schedule isn't too grueling on her, let her perform for the villagers. Global megastar arriving in dusty town is always a cute narrative :eddie:

I'm really hoping rest of the world get their own leg next year 

It’s not about optics bc you’re right it does look “better” if she goes to every lil city and can sell it out. But it kinda doesn’t make as much sense for her. Traveling for my show in DC was so fun lol like me personally I would rather go see her in a big city the crowd is better. I know not everybody has that kind of money to travel but that doesn’t stop her from skipping the entire rest of the world so :dies:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Where did the Daddy Lessons footage come from? 

The Chicks are singing Daddy Lessons on their tour.

• Like 1

Guess their answers (hint: it’s the same exact answers as the 40+ teams that have been asked this question)

3 minutes ago, Draper. said:

The Chicks are singing Daddy Lessons on their tour.

Oh cool 

She could’ve released the footage as a music video back in 2016 but whatever 

18 minutes ago, jane said:

You want more for YOU so you can go brag in other bases about bulllshit that means nothing to anyone but stans. Meanwhile Beyoncé is the only solo act from her era making these numbers and y'all are acting like it's nothing and everyday thing. With fans like you, she doesn't need haters. Thankfully Beyoncé is smarter and is over the slave mentality. She has a life outside of music and she only focuses on things that matter. Keep up with her or move on. It wont change either. I doubt Beyoncé in her 40's is going back to the previous way of promoting ever again. She is moving forward. 

PREACH

19 minutes ago, jane said:

not you calling me a slave. you’ve lost it baby 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.