Beyoncé

Kisuke

The thought of we'll be having our "Believe" or "Hung Up".

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, Triton said:

we KNOW she can do disco diva make up so why not bring her back, also I wonder if we’ll get the big disco hair too. 
deenajones-beyonce.gif

the glitter in the hair!!!

It really does seem like the “past and future” is going to be an ever present theme of this album/era. 

-The album is called Renaissance and yet the website has this futuristic font and chrome images

-The rumored virtual reality experiences that might accompany the album. It could retell the album in a classic 3 part play via technology, incorporating art with the future.

-It’s Country and Dance, country music has a huge history in the south and there is important history behind the genre, it was created and cultivated by African Americans and evolved to what it is today, It’s a part of the south and something Bey assuredly grew up listening to along with the other influences in her life. (Also, perhaps the rumors of a Dolly Parton collab are true?) Dance music being a resurged trend currently in the music scape and this could also possibly harken back to her revisiting Sasha Fierce, making it into a more concise refined project via Renaissance. 

The past and the future merging, looking back on what she has done, what she has yet to do, what inspires her, and the sound she intends to lay forth inspiring newer generations:gayoncecat1:

(this is a bunch of fanfiction but hey it’s fun to speculate:gayoncecat1:)

Edited by SashaDevachelli

33 minutes ago, Triton said:

He needs to stop with the nude boring eyes, that’s the one thing I don’t like about the Vogue shoot, the make up. She just looks so bare and blank in the eyes when everything else is so bold. We need drama for editorials. #BringBackFrancesca 

He made it clear Bey tells him what to do. He literally said in a British Vogue article last week he will go over the top and she will say take it off. 

Not Pose 4 being SOLD OUT on her website :jonny2:

5 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

It really does seem like the “past and future” is going to be an ever present theme of this album/era. 

-The album is called Renaissance and yet the website has this futuristic font and chrome images

-The rumored virtual reality experiences that might accompany the album. It could retell the album in a classic 3 part play via technology, incorporating art with the future.

-It’s Country and Dance, country music has a huge history in the south and there is important history behind the genre, it was created and cultivated by African Americans and evolved to what it is today, It’s a part of the south and something Bey assuredly grew up listening to along with the other influences in her life. (Also, perhaps the rumors of a Dolly Parton collab are true?) Dance music being a resurged trend currently in the music scape and this could also possibly harken back to her revisiting Sasha Fierce, making it into a more concise refined project via Renaissance. 

The past and the future merging, looking back on what she has done, what she has yet to do, what inspires her, and the sound she intends to lay forth inspiring newer generations:gayoncecat1:

I think your theory is very spot on.

Did anyone see that fake album cover/tracklist? I think what a lot of people get wrong about "renaissance" is they are likening to "THE" renaissance, not "A" renaissance. I'm sure she will throw in some choice visual references because she loves doing that (Mine, APESHIT, all the paintings in Black is King, etc.) but I really don't see the era being about that rather than, as you said, the past and present combining, the past being reborn and rediscovered and loved all over again. The original renaissance was about the classic ideals, technologies and artistic achievements being back again. And the article said it, she's referencing the last quarter-century of the 1900s.

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

He made it clear Bey tells him what to do. He literally said in a British Vogue article last week he will go over the top and she will say take it off. 

I mean, after the raccoon eyes he gave her for the MET gala 2016, it’s understandable. You would think she would have axed him after that. Fave does have questionable taste at times. 

GettyImages-527448898_master.jpg

I revisited ST today and even the songs I used to skip have grown tremendously on me. Really a no-skips masterpiece :flame: i feel like the album would have been alot more instant and on constant repeat for me, if it came out over the past few years instead of in 2013 (17 year old me had a pretty limited musical palate :chick3:)

Edited by AnonnonA

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I'm tired of ha :'(

2 minutes ago, Triton said:

I mean, after the raccoon eyes he gave her for the MET gala 2016, it’s understandable. You would think she would have axed him after that. Fave does have questionable taste at times. 

GettyImages-527448898_master.jpg

lol I think this could have been done better (like a darker, and wider, more cat-like blending) BUT I do love this makeup look for what it is/is trying to do. I think the kind of dark look was right for the intention of the kind of sinister idea of the total look.

They closed that Badmonster96 thread, I was actually living for the lashings :rip:

the question is... is Blue featured on the album? I mean even in a momentary spoken word?

So far she has appeared on every of her musical projects since she was born:

• BEYONCÉ ("bee-sa-yay")
  • Lemonade ("good job Bey")
  • EIL ("shoutout to Rumi and Sir, love Blue")
  • Homecoming (Lift Every Voice and Sing)
  • The Gift (Brown Skin Girl)

5 minutes ago, swissman said:

lol I think this could have been done better (like a darker, and wider, more cat-like blending) BUT I do love this makeup look for what it is/is trying to do. I think the kind of dark look was right for the intention of the kind of sinister idea of the total look.

I just hate him. Francesca will forever be my fave especially with all the versatility she’s shown, from red carpets, editorial, music videos and stage. She just knows it. Roakel has also been great. 

For that look they could have taken away some of that chalky/dusty black eyeshadow from above the inner corner of her eyes. 

It's kind of insane how much Bey loves working. Although its been so long since Lemonade, she's kept super busy each step of the way, and always seems to need a channel to pour her creativity into. While waiting for B7 we got Homecoming and BIK, two MASSIVE solo projects which took months of preparation. Plus two albums of new content and plenty of collabs and one-off singles. She even went above and beyond for Ivy Park rollouts. Sure there are a lot of pop stars who work hard and release often, but her level of passion is unmatched

WHAT. Pose #4 is sold out... do y'all think it'll be back in stock?

I do plan to buy a box but....Idon't wanna buy something without seeing what it looks like first. UGH.

Did anyone notice that there is a concerted push for physical for this era? EIL and The Gift did not have that and Homecoming got vinyl pretty late. It's almost like she held off for this moment. Her mind:jonny: Now she's selling out boxesets!!

Edited by suneclipse121

16 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

They closed that Badmonster96 thread, I was actually living for the lashings :rip:

Right?! Everyone except those are excited. 

After her announcing the date, lots of fan bases are actually looking forward to her album, they’ll listen to it and want to see what she’ll serve. Oh yeah the Navy too since they’re dry as hell. 

The Lipsters, Arianators, lots of Swifties, obviously Shakira fans, Janet fans, Doja/Megan/Nicki/Cardi fan bases were most likely fans of her either way. It just seems the Monsters and the minimal JLo fans will have an issue but they’ll be streaming too. 

Edited by Triton

I usually skip B'Day songs but I let Freakum dress play yesterday and OMG, I was reminded how amazing her discography is.

13 minutes ago, swissman said:

the question is... is Blue featured on the album? I mean even in a momentary spoken word?

So far she has appeared on every of her musical projects since she was born:

• BEYONCÉ ("bee-sa-yay")
  • Lemonade ("good job Bey")
  • EIL ("shoutout to Rumi and Sir, love Blue")
  • Homecoming (Lift Every Voice and Sing)
  • The Gift (Brown Skin Girl)

I’m pretty sure blue is rumored to be featured. Idk where I read that 

Let me go through the recent threads and save all the songs people posted they want Bey to do something like on a playlist. I’m going to have a disco/house/dance music night. 

13 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

It's kind of insane how much Bey loves working. Although its been so long since Lemonade, she's kept super busy each step of the way, and always seems to need a channel to pour her creativity into. While waiting for B7 we got Homecoming and BIK, two MASSIVE solo projects which took months of preparation. Plus two albums of new content and plenty of collabs and one-off singles. She even went above and beyond for Ivy Park rollouts. Sure there are a lot of pop stars who work hard and release often, but her level of passion is unmatched

on top of just all the Parkwood stuff (Chloe x Halle) though I'm sure she's hands-off and is confident enough in the team to execute without much involvement from her, she's still the leader and has to be on it when needed!

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

joanne-the-scammer-unbothered.gif

dnjhnfnddn lmao I knowwww, it's not that I dislike the album, I got tired of it :skull: Not just B'Day either, I also listened to Dance for You for the first time in maybe 2 years the other day and wowwww :flame: 

24 minutes ago, Triton said:

Right?! Everyone except those are excited. 

After her announcing the date, lots of fan bases are actually looking forward to her album, they’ll listen to it and want to see what she’ll serve. Oh yeah the Navy too since they’re dry as hell. 

The Lipsters, Arianators, lots of Swifties, obviously Shakira fans, Janet fans, Doja/Megan/Nicki/Cardi fan bases were most likely fans of her either way. It just seems the Monsters and the minimal JLo fans will have an issue but they’ll be streaming too. 

At the end of the day people play **** up on here. Bey is one of the most popular pop acts of the century with a strong discography to boot so a lot of stans like or at least respect her. 

A lot of those monsters like Bey too and just troll because she’s not their #1. I do it with Gaga sometimes when they’re acting annoying lool

Edited by Doogle

I'm not very active but I can't stand those monster *******. I will always be on their neck on twitter. 

38 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

It would be iconic if she visited one of the key themes in the Lemonade film in this manner:jonny:It's in line with some of the theories I've seen about the album being a run-down of her career (the Elle photoshoot obviously referencing her previous eras kickstarted this) and I think it'd be a really cool way to show gratitude to her ride or die fans

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.