Beyoncé

Kisuke

2 minutes ago, chaeyonce said:

People are not going to believe this because well we are on ATRL and stans be Chart obsessed here but I'm being 100% when I say that the most important thing for me is not whether she smashes commercially (cuz of the traditional roll-out) but the album quality. 

All I want this era is fall in love with an album like I haven't in a while. I want this to be her best album, I want to have chills listening to all these new songs....That's my wish, the numbers would just be a bonus.

Success is important, a great album with strong replay value is even more important especially during a streaming age where people just move on from things way too quick.

:gaycat3:

definitely I'll be more mad if the quality is bad than if the success isn't there.

but honestly I don't think we have anything to worry about with quality.

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, swissman said:

BIK is her best visual album PERIOD.

ST is great, but loses points for being more a collection of videos with some throughlines.

Lemonade is stunning, is more like photojournalist art: really insightful and introspective, stunning compositions, beautiful to look, but not outright bold in its visuals

But Black is King is a kind of masterpiece that leaves you in awe, you need to step back to take it all in.

the disney budget for BIK was apparent bc the scale of it all was just so huge 

i was thinking specifically about find your way back and already but you know what you’re right, it is her best period 

image0.gif

the yellow dress from lemonade is high key more iconic than anything from BIK tho if i’m being honest 

image0.gif

2 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

the disney budget for BIK was apparent bc the scale of it all was just so huge 

i was thinking specifically about find your way back and already but you know what you’re right, it is her best period 

image0.gif

it's scope is really what sets it over the edge, and her vision for it, and the way she managed to tell a story while also making stand-alone music videos...she really mastered the line of blending narrative and single-focus scenes.

but also the fashion in it is unbelievable, even every one of the extras look like perfection.

7 minutes ago, chaeyonce said:

People are not going to believe this because well we are on ATRL and stans be Chart obsessed here but I'm being 100% when I say that the most important thing for me is not whether she smashes commercially (cuz of the traditional roll-out) but the album quality. 

All I want this era is fall in love with an album like I haven't in a while. I want this to be her best album, I want to have chills listening to all these new songs....That's my wish, the numbers would just be a bonus.

Success is important, a great album with strong replay value is even more important especially during a streaming age where people just move on from things way too quick.

:gaycat3:

Agreed, and the beauty of it all is:

The last time she anounced sth in advance was when she told us to stay hydrated right before the Coachella performance and we know how that ended up being

image0.gif

Add to that the fact she said that this is the album she spent most time thinking about and planning out and well - that already tells me she's gonna blow our minds

image0.gif

Her casually showing the album to a reporter means one thing - she's confident in its quality. She knows EXACTLY that she's gonna **** up the world musically speaking

image0.gif

Uf, what a time to be ALIVE! (she knew what she was doing with these lyrics)

image0.gif

1 minute ago, Material Girl said:

the yellow dress from lemonade is high key more iconic than anything from BIK tho if i’m being honest 

image0.gif

ya for sure BIK is not an iconic work because really its like bonus content for The Gift that wasn't properly given the chance to be its own iconic set of visuals.

Hold Up is also purely amazing and so well defines Lemonade. She definitely has videos that match the individual videos in Black is King but as one whole I think it bests the rest.

To whoever posted this a few pages back, I just wanna say THANK YOU for introducing me to this masterpiece

image0.gif

3 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Her casually showing the album to a reporter means one thing - she's confident in its quality. She knows EXACTLY that she's gonna **** up the world musically speaking

!!

(are you calling Emmanuel a reporter! lol or is there someone else who reported they heard the music?!)

Anyway yes. In the past it seems the surprise was almost an acknowledgement that she was creating under her guidelines and not for anyone else, thus she didn't need to do listening sessions with the label to find the best songs, etc.

But her being willing to share it to people not in her circle does imply a sort of confidence like "I made this for people's enjoyment"

19 minutes ago, swissman said:

it's scope is really what sets it over the edge, and her vision for it, and the way she managed to tell a story while also making stand-alone music videos...she really mastered the line of blending narrative and single-focus scenes.

but also the fashion in it is unbelievable, even every one of the extras look like perfection.

This is where she excels, her attention to detail. Even in the Be Alive performance you see it in the colour scheme, from the instruments down to the guitar pick. The hair for all the back up dancers. She doesn't know how to do things in halves and her passion always shines through. I'm confident in the quality to come. With 16 songs, there is not a chance in hell that there isn't at least a couple of career gems in there. That being worst case scenario.

So are we expecting a visual on the 29th or will she go back to just doing separate videos for singles.

If she drops a visual, I don’t want all those spoken bits in between uploaded on her YouTube. 

YZzWPef.gif

I’m not sure she’ll have a visual album this time. The pop ups may be her visual album 

4 minutes ago, Shelter said:

So are we expecting a visual on the 29th or will she go back to just doing separate videos for singles.

If she drops a visual, I don’t want all those spoken bits in between uploaded on her YouTube. 

YZzWPef.gif

It is weird because I feel you always need to expect the visuals with Bey as it has become her thing. That being said the Act II kinda throws me a bit. 32 songs is a lot of visuals and dare I say it, overkill!

I'd ideally like stand alone videos similar to ST, with the potential of pulling it all together once the project is more complete. If she goes the film route, she seems more hesitant to dissect it and give us stand alone single videos, which ultimately I'd prefer. Like you said, no more poems and spoken word!

Just now, Devin said:

Just peeped this on BeyHive Discord.

1-C8-F4-DD1-3675-481-F-BF08-40-CAEF4-E10

Song 5 makes me not want this to be true.

51 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

image0.gif

:toofunny3:

6 minutes ago, benyonce said:

It is weird because I feel you always need to expect the visuals with Bey as it has become her thing. That being said the Act II kinda throws me a bit. 32 songs is a lot of visuals and dare I say it, overkill!

I'd ideally like stand alone videos similar to ST, with the potential of pulling it all together once the project is more complete. If she goes the film route, she seems more hesitant to dissect it and give us stand alone single videos, which ultimately I'd prefer. Like you said, no more poems and spoken word!

Act 2 might be shorter? I honestly hope there is an act 2. I don’t want to wait another 3-4 years for another album. I’m being greedy. 

Maybe it could be a movie but not using the full album? Like only like 10 songs rather than the full 16? I feel like she needs a visual. Lemonade would not have been the same if it dropped without the visual. 

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

Those title... i-

Let me keep it cute

There has to be a second act/album. 

It be dumb for her to say “act i” with nothing to follow up with it. :rip:

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Looks fake tbh. And only 10 of the tracks being leaked would be very weird.

image0.gif

I've updated the receipts thread, as the themes had completely botched it and everything was a right mess. Just in time for Renaissance to drop! :duca: If anyone is good with graphics, or knows anyone who is and would be interested in creating some new banners for the thread, I'd really appreciate it! :heart2:

Just now, ATWK said:

Looks fake tbh. And only 10 of the tracks being leaked would be very weird.

image0.gif

Speaking of, I really hope it doesn't leak after 4, which is what turned her against this type of rollout in the first place. Honestly it'll be a damn miracle if it doesn't leak, considering Adele and Harry's both did from the same label. If anyone is up to the challenge though it is Bey.

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

That was posted in this thread a few days ago (before we knew there were sixteen tracks), which makes me think it’s fake.

Not “I Was Told There’d Be Cake” I kinda want that one to be true n I want to hear Beyoncé say that

I know its fake just laughing at BeyHive on Discord thinking it was real at first. :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.