Beyoncé

Kisuke

a tour without CRAZY IN LOVE, thats never happening.

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, Airhead said:

a tour without CRAZY IN LOVE, thats never happening.

that is for sure.... intro/outro/middle, it works anyway and is basically her theme song at this point.

1 minute ago, Likingstars said:

Most of the biggest touring artists out there do it and they are fine. She has 16 new songs to perform, that is almost enough to fill the setlist. If you wanna see her do Baby Boy, stream Homecoming :cm: 

It’s not going to happen so maybe you should stay at home because you’ll be disappointed with all those hits in there  :clap3: 

13 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

As time goes by though Halo is becoming Beyoncé's most signature song. It's probably the biggest shoe in at this point outside of CIL and SL :rip:

Isnt it already?

12 minutes ago, swissman said:

Don't all you have to do is add "(revamped)" next to it and it does? If Naughty Girl can be a shoe in (its closest cousin), so can Baby Boy. I just don't see her giving that song up for her tours. It's not a signature hit but it's def a GP fave.

I disagree. Baby Boy has a clear tropical vibe to it whereas Naughty Girl samples none other than the Queen of Disco herself, Donna Summer. That sample alone lends itself so much better as a revamped song for the new tour than the island-y Song Baby Boy.

Based only on the Vogue shoot (which, since it had heavy input from Bey who knew it was releasing around the time of her album may be an indication of the era's sensibilities) her "renaissance" isn't just about one style, but a whole bunch of styles layered and mixed together to create something new, perhaps better, and refreshing from what we've seen.

Thinking this way, I don't see her simply remixing all her songs under one style, but infusing that style in different ways and pairing things together to create something more amazing than the sum of its parts.

The shoot itself has elements of fashion from the 70s-90s, and the makeup is very 1930s/Old Hollywood inspired. I see the tour being more like this, a kind of pastiche, than her trying to honour a genre and reinvent herself that way.

In the words of the Vogue writeup, she is "evolving",  not reinventing.

8 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I disagree. Baby Boy has a clear tropical vibe to it whereas Naughty Girl samples none other than the Queen of Disco herself, Donna Summer. That sample alone lends itself so much better as a revamped song for the new tour than the island-y Song Baby Boy.

That's a good point, but Naughty Girl's production is middle-eastern-inspired as well as disco, so I guess I'm saying I can see Baby Boy being revamped too. Obviously Naughty Girl has been revamped already so that's proven and it has the disco vocal sample plus the disco elements helping it, but I don't think it's out of possibility for the Baby Boy riddim to translate well into house-drums and other elements.

Edited by swissman

1 minute ago, swissman said:

That's a good point, but Naughty Girl's production is still middle-eastern inspired just like Baby Boy, so I guess I'm saying I can see it being revamped too. Obviously Naughty Girl has been revamped already so that's proven and it has the disco vocal sample plus the disco elements helping it, but I don't think it's out of possibility for the Baby Boy riddim to translate well into house-drums and other elements.

Also, just an observation: The fashion in the NG Video kinda looks similar to the one in the Vogue spread, only that Bey obviously elevated it to the max.

what do we think the leak potential is like? imagine this leaks like 4 did. the next ten years would be literal torture

4 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Also, just an observation: The fashion in the NG Video kinda looks similar to the one in the Vogue spread, only that Bey obviously elevated it to the max.

wow trueeeeeee

34 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She did British Vogue - American Vogue does 73 Questions.

But I do think a lot is going to happen, because the Buzzfeed culture writer saying this rollout is gonna be historic to Yvette reposting that she's about to show people how to do an album rollout.

American Vogue next then? :jonnycat:

25 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Isnt it already?

Honestly, yes. CIL still feels more iconic though because it's like her debut single, the beginning of Beyoncé. Also has SL not been deleted off YT, it would probably have more views than Halo currently.

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

what do we think the leak potential is like? imagine this leaks like 4 did. the next ten years would be literal torture

I dont think theres a lot of potential, I feel like the respect shes earned from her collaborators over the years + her NDAs make sure that everyone is on board with Bey rollout and plans

1 minute ago, Planet Mars said:

For the album rollout I assume

2 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

I don't want her to do 73 questions but I don't see why she couldn't just because she covered British Vogue. It's not like a conflict of interest its all Vogue, it's all Anna's direction... does everyone who has a 73 questions also appear on the American Vogue cover at the same moment?

1 minute ago, swissman said:

I don't want her to do 73 questions but I don't see why she couldn't just because she covered British Vogue. It's not like a conflict of interest its all Vogue, it's all Anna's direction... does everyone who has a 73 questions also appear on the American Vogue cover at the same moment?

Anna knows very well it doesnt get bigger celebrity wise than Beyonce (unless its Oprah or Michelle Obama maybe). She'll definitely accept Beys conditions (whatever they are)

38 minutes ago, swissman said:

assuming act I and II are both musical works, I can kinda also see Beyoncé not submitting "act i" for Grammys until "act ii" is out and she can sweep...but maybe she doesn't care? I duno I think she doesn't care but doesn't mind it either lol

I think they’re fully separate albums and will be in separate Grammy years 

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

Agreed. Its gonna serve Folkmore and Evermore. 

It's so fascinating to observe. Bey and her team really analyzed the industry and now take the best of every rollout and add new even bigger things to it:

From Duas continuous, yEt smart promo, to Taylors release of Folklore and Evermore, to BTS/Kpop's way of maximizing sales - It truly feels like a dream I never dared to utter publicly 

5 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Even if they were released as a repackaging like The Fame Monster?

20 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Low. It’s why she’s shipping these box sets from the US, keeping things well contained. 

If she releases her own 212 (2022 version) Im going to scream, squirt, cum, and die all at the same time. 

oprah-gif-7.gif

I take her version of Liquorice, Luxury or 1991 as well

oprah-gif-7.gif

I just know this puta is going to combine rap and house on one song at least

oprah-gif-7.gif

6 minutes ago, swissman said:

Even if they were released as a repackaging like The Fame Monster?

I mean she dropped the hint that we’re getting B7 and B8, so I assume they’re meant to be separate. 

Also I may be wrong, but I feel like this new Grammy rule precludes submitting repackaged albums that are half made up of already released material: 

Album Eligibility

To be eligible for GRAMMY Award consideration, an album must contain greater than 75 percent playing time of newly recorded (within five years of the release date), previously unreleased recordings*. The current eligibility rule is 50 percent. (Note: Best Compilation Soundtrack, Best Historical Album, Best Immersive Audio Album, Best Recording Package, Best Special Package, and Best Album Notes accept albums of recordings that are not newly recorded.)

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I mean she dropped the hint that we’re getting B7 and B8, so I assume they’re meant to be separate. 

Also I may be wrong, but I feel like this new Grammy rule precludes submitting repackaged albums that are half made up of already released material: 

Album Eligibility

To be eligible for GRAMMY Award consideration, an album must contain greater than 75 percent playing time of newly recorded (within five years of the release date), previously unreleased recordings*. The current eligibility rule is 50 percent. (Note: Best Compilation Soundtrack, Best Historical Album, Best Immersive Audio Album, Best Recording Package, Best Special Package, and Best Album Notes accept albums of recordings that are not newly recorded.)

ah I see... well maybe act ii will be 48 songs lol :)

Edited by swissman

17 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

If she releases her own 212 (2022 version) Im going to scream, squirt, cum, and die all at the same time. 

oprah-gif-7.gif

I take her version of Liquorice, Luxury or 1991 as well

oprah-gif-7.gif

Same, add The Big Big Beat and Anna Wintour too

oprah-gif-7.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.