Charli XCX earns 1st US top 10 album with CRASH debuting at #7 (31.5K units)

Hector

Top 10 US, #1 UK, #1 Australia, Top 20 Germany, and Top 20 Canada, this is such an amazing and well deserved success for her and this amazing album. :jonny5:

Wasn't there a reliable insider in the Ava Max My Head & My Heart single thread last year saying Atlantic/Warner was giving Charli one last chance to make them money before dropping her if she performed poorly again? Well she delivered and I hope they're eating their words now. :clap3:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivan_brit

• Pop Art

• Jude

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

I cant believe it omg it was at #12 on the final predictions:jonny5:

She ******* won so hard :weeps: 

:jonny2:i had a feeling or maybe just a hope HDD was underestimating vinyls. Shook that the 6 month release strategy that everybody clowned... worked?

Wow I'm so happy for her wow.

The way everyone was clowning her and doubting her this era and she came out of it stronger than ever :jonny5:a ******* pop ICON for the ages, you don't understand how much I love her

Wow that's amazing for her :clap3:

Holy sh*t, this is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, congratulations, I'm still shocked. :omg: She is having such an enormous success with this album!

SO happy for her :jonny5: she deserves this so much!!!

34 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Wasn't there a reliable insider in the Ava Max My Head & My Heart single thread last year saying Atlantic/Warner was giving Charli one last chance to make them money before dropping her if she performed poorly again? Well she delivered and I hope they're eating their words now. :clap3:

This is plausible but Crash is Charli's last album in her contract. That's the whole point of why she did the "sellout" concept.

2 minutes ago, americanlife said:

This is plausible but Crash is Charli's last album in her contract. That's the whole point of why she did the "sellout" concept.

Oh I know, I just thought it fit what the insider claimed pretty well. I wonder if she'll re-sign with them or go somewhere else, and if whoever she ends up with will give her more resources after this era seeing it's shaping up to perhaps be her biggest yet.

Congrats, legend. :jonnycat:

Wow, the bar is too low for this girl. Congrats, anywway. :swan:

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

That's nice for her :clap3:

See when you plan a release, congrats to Charli

Correct me if Im wrong so far this year only Charli XCX & Avril Lavigne geting Top 10 debuts?

The Weeknd too 

3 minutes ago, Jude said:

Wow, the bar is too low for this girl. Congrats, anywway. :swan:

Her previous peak was like #28 or something in 2014. A #7 debut for her is something to celebrate.

Not everyone is a commercial juggernaut, you know.

9 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

The Weeknd too 

forgot to mention only Females .... The Weeknd & basically every week theres another debut  at the Top 10, but so far this year only Cahrli & Avril geting Top 10 debuts

Just now, Ivan_brit said:

forgot to mention only Females .... The Weeknd & basically every week theres another debut  at the Top 10, but so far this year only Cahrli & Avril geting Top 10 debuts

ok

1 hour ago, Lord Gaga said:

The way shes got the bops, the gays, the critics, the sales, the highest peaks this era :jonny6:Im so happy her sell out era didn't bomb into oblivion.  

Truly a pop legend. :jonny5:I remember when how I didn't really get her when I first became aware of her new sound during Pop 2 era and I only knew Charli as Boom Clap /  Fancy / I Like It so I was like umm sis but then one day I switched like a french bread stick and it all made sense. So to see this legendary, perfectly hyperpop/mainstream pop crafted project succeed... UGH we love to see it. I'm so used to giving (stanning Kim Petras / Slayyyter / Bonnie McKee etc) and now I finally get to receive.

Holy sh*t not it actually going Top 10 and with great numbers :deadbanana2:

She's really deserved all the success she's had this era :jonny:

Thank you Baby and Constant Repeat :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.