Lady Gaga has sold over 429M SPS WW records

Marry Illusion Glory

6 hours ago, Thiago said:

People think "oh my god this is inflated, wrong or incorrectly counting". But they don't think and understand that streaming has changed the way we count. Selling by streams is not the same thing as pure, but that doesn't mean the data is wrong. Gaga has billions of streams worldwide and it will be increasingly common to see artists hitting numbers so high

Exactly, sales are a completely different world now

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptique

• chosensparkles

• Pop Art

• JO BLACC

Private in Public chanteuse did that! :clap3:

How much without Colby O'Donis? :matty:

On 3/7/2022 at 7:41 PM, UnusualBoy said:

:toofunny3:

23 hours ago, manuelalex9810 said:

:toofunny3:

22 hours ago, Ribs said:

:skull:

22 hours ago, ABeyBraith said:

:ahh:

iknow.gif

20 hours ago, Talking Fish said:

Does that include GIPHY views? :jonny5:

14 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

How much without Colby O'Donis? :matty:

:bibliahh: :bibliahh:

14 hours ago, Punky Rooster said:

Wow, her sales really were abysmal after The Fame/Monster. What happened?

:soda:

8 minutes ago, SeanET said:

you forgot to switch accounts, it's Queenyonce that posts by quoting users with emoticons :swan:

47 minutes ago, Rino said:

you forgot to switch accounts, it's Queenyonce that posts by quoting users with emoticons :swan:

:bibliahh:omg

1 hour ago, SeanET said:

58 minutes ago, Rino said:

:bibliahh:

OT: A LEGEND :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Rino said:

:eddie:

2 hours ago, Rino said:

:bibliahh:

3 hours ago, Rino said:

:rip::bibliahh:

The expose ^^  :deadbanana2:

Gaga is such a legend, not everybody can touch her sales :jonny5:

On 3/7/2022 at 2:20 PM, Literature said:

These streaming numbers must be investigated. 100B for Ariana? 90B for Taylor? 80B for Billie? 60B for Gaga? I smell inflation

They are also counting every video with the “licensed to YouTube by UMG” videos like this https://youtu.be/X2tR1VHCOEc

And I also think they are considering Tik Tok Streamings, and of course Facebook, QQ Music, Maion, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, Shazam, Claro Música, Tidal, and more

Edited by AlexM

Love her but this is some label press release PR fluff nonsense. "429 million records" what does that even mean lmao

I'm going to stick with Chart Masters and their formula. Their numbers make sense.

17 hours ago, Rino said:

The clocking, OGHs suffer

On 3/8/2022 at 5:48 AM, Pop Art said:

I don't know why people are questioning the streaming numbers, they're not all that farfetched honestly.

Spotify: 13.4B

YouTube: 13.1B

Pandora: 3.1B

TOTAL: 29.6B

She's already just under halfway there just from the three services with numbers we know, it's clearly not a reach to say 60B is true with the rest of them.

sis those streaming services make up majority

3 hours ago, supertiffany said:

sis those streaming services make up majority

How? :skull: Apple Music and Amazon alone are almost at the same market share as Spotify at this point without even bringing up the handful of other services, YouTube really isn't raking in as many streams across he board anymore, and Pandora is all but irrelevant in 2022.

music_streaming_market_share.0.jpg

Source

omg the expose :gaycat6: and yeah gagas one of the biggest pop stars of all time this is not surprising 

im sure the math technically checks out, but this is giving the same energy as Ariana stans talking about how she's sold the most song units of all time tease... :rip:

counting 150 streams on each album track as a "record sale" in the streaming era feels so... inflated :toofunny3: in the old days, "the official single sales + album sales" definition of "Records" just made a lot more sense imo.

and before monsters come for me, this is directed at the stan-world as a whole, not just gaga. I see all bases doing this and it drives me crazy :deadbanana4:

On 3/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, Talking Fish said:

Does that include GIPHY views? :jonny5:

:deadbanana4:

10 hours ago, Pop Art said:

How? :skull: Apple Music and Amazon alone are almost at the same market share as Spotify at this point without even bringing up the handful of other services, YouTube really isn't raking in as many streams across he board anymore, and Pandora is all but irrelevant in 2022.

music_streaming_market_share.0.jpg

Source

Add Youtube, not just YT Music dear

Spotify + YT is like 60%-80% of Audio + Video streams

I'm assuming you're aware that the graph shows YT Music only right?

Edited by Cryptique

4 hours ago, Cryptique said:

Add Youtube, not just YT Music dear

Spotify + YT is like 60%-80% of Audio + Video streams

I'm assuming you're aware that the graph shows YT Music only right?

Yes, but YouTube as a music streaming platform is dying more year by year, so...the point kinda remains.

Even accounting for YouTube (minus YouTube Music), it's nonsensical to ignore the importance of the other streaming platforms — especially Apple Music and Amazon Music — in the equation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.