Hot 100: Despacito #1, Malibu #64, Bon Appetit OUT

Fruity

If Justin snatched Bruno for most #1 hits by a male artist this decade by year's end :deadbanana2:

Good thing we have VOTF coming for #1 :eli:

But again the 2 #1's Justin has scored this year are feature, Bruno's are mostly still all solo besides 2 of them. And even then he sings exclusively on all of them besides 'Nothin On You'

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Pacaveli

6 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Well it's my preference. I want to know what the words are that I'm listening to. Not everyone speaks spanish you know :biblio:

A lot of people enjoy songs without understanding the lyrics (even if they speak the language). Pop/dance songs rarely have meaningful lyrics. :rip: 

1 minute ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Everybody knows this. It's completely obvious. 

2nw31wp.gif

Glad you agree with me sis :)

The Cure #49 (up 6 from #55)

Malibu #64 (debut)

Edited by Fruity

Just now, Inverted said:

A lot of people enjoy songs without understanding the lyrics (even if they speak the language). Pop/dance songs rarely have meaningful lyrics. :rip: 

right? the way he talked about it seems like any song that it isn't english is wrong or bad bc he doesn't understand it :rip: 

Just now, Fruity said:

The Cure #49

Malibu #64

I hate Miley :rip: WHY THE **** SHE DIDN'T RELEASE THE SONG ON FRIDAY? SHE WOULD'VE DEBUT AT THE TOP 10

3 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

If Justin snatched Bruno for most #1 hits by a male artist this decade by year's end :deadbanana2:

Good thing we have VOTF coming for #1 :eli:

But again the 2 #1's Justin has scored this year are feature, Bruno's are mostly still all solo besides 2 of them. And even then he sings exclusively on all of them besides 'Nothin On You'

Yeah he's the male Rihanna.

Just now, rcksluke said:

right? the way he talked about it seems like any song that it isn't english is wrong or bad bc he doesn't understand it :rip: 

Exactly. It's weird how the attitude is so different in a "progressive" part of the world. In less "progressive" parts of the world, many people don't mind listening to songs in languages they don't necessarily understand. Strange contradiction. 

15 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Well it's my preference. I want to know what the words are that I'm listening to. Not everyone speaks spanish you know :biblio:

'Work' was number one for 9 weeks and no one understood that.:rip: 

Edited by NEZ

1 minute ago, NEZ said:

Work was number one for 9 weeks and no one understood that.:rip: 

the way I screamed :skull: 

About time :clap3: 

this song is soooo much better than in the one so I'm glad it hit #1 

and this song is such a big hit in the uk 

2 minutes ago, rcksluke said:

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Exactly. It's weird how the attitude is so different in a "progressive" part of the world. In less "progressive" parts of the world, many people don't mind listening to songs in languages they don't necessarily understand. Strange contradiction. 

Okay guys I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm not some Xenophobe or Racist.

I was simply just speaking on my opinion I wasn't trying to start anything with anyone so yall can drop it :stare:

That's great for the fact that is a spanish song by a latin artist (even thought JB got it to #1)

But the song sucks honestly, talent lost.

5 minutes ago, Fruity said:

The Cure #49 (up 6 from #55)

Malibu #64 (debut)

Miley debuting #64 with only 12 hours of sale :deadbanana2:

I think we need MORE latin hits on the Hot 100 high portions. They're a lot more fun than some of the other crap charting high rn.

3 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Good point :fan:

Just now, Kathlen said:

Poor Katy. Perched to see if she is still on the chart this week :deadbanana3: 

1 minute ago, Kathlen said:

the self sabotage :rip: I hate her she should've released the song on friday :skull: 

Despacito got 54.3 million U.S. streams! the song isn't even #1 on Spotify or YT. :deadbanana2:

Just now, IVY said:

Despacito got 54.3 million U.S. streams! the song isn't even #1 on Spotify or YT. :deadbanana2:

OMFG :deadbanana2:

Bieber proving yet again why he is better than his peers :jonny2:

Edited by alexis

4 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Lol a clock. Work is half jamaican patois, despacito spanish - I'm here for these bilingual smash hits!

Besides, its not like anyone can understand lil uzi vert etc  :cm: 

Can someone explain me Bieber's accomplishment? Billboard is taking about him being the first act with new back-to-back #1 but isn't being #1 back-to-back the same of self replacement? I'm confused.

18 minutes ago, theartpope said:

SPAIN RECONQUERS AMERICA

a thread

is actually latin american conquering north america :cm:

Just now, JCON said:

Can someone explain me Bieber's accomplishment? Billboard is taking about him being the first act with new back-to-back #1 but isn't being #1 back-to-back the same of self replacement? I'm confused.

It means the first song was a one weeker. It's 2 new songs at #1 in 2 consecutive weeks 

Rather than, for example, a 9 weeker #1 followed by self replacement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.