BB200: Gunna #1 150.3k, Weeknd #2 148k

Sinister

4 hours ago, perpetual novice said:

As a brit that doesnt listen to hip hop too often, I have :swan:

As a Brit that listens to some hip hop and knows many rappers this thread is the first time I’m hearing of him :swan:

He clearly has a following but he is simply not that known outside the U.S 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• JBJT2786

• Bentley

• foreverwinter13

On 1/19/2022 at 1:40 AM, Miss Harajuku said:

atrl told me the relatively unknown rapper gunna would be freefalling next week? what happened???

no way weeknd fell to #3????? what the hell ? 

22 hours ago, faceclef said:

What happened to him not caring about numbers?

He spammed his Instagram stories with accomplishments just like that one :rip: but of course he didn’t mention his #2 debut. He’s so chart obsessed. 

Atrlers ironically being some of the most close-minded people I’ve ever seen :toofunny3: Gunna remains with the :1stplace: album on Billboard. Pop stans will deal with it

Dawn FM is such a good album, it doesn't deserve this :rip: 

Abel really fell off. It pains me to see him make such wack music when we all know he's capable of exceptionality

Edited by americanshameless

i dont understand how he and his team managed to ruin an album cycle, given, he just had a astonishing one - After Hours, a monster hit - Blinding Lights, and performed at the superbowl, and a WW stadium tour :rip: 

Not y'all calling black rappers local..... :deadbanana4:

Not some of yall saying Gunna's album was better and that talent won :rip:

when he Wishes he could do the music Weeknd's have been doing :toofunny3: and I used to hate on him not even a year ago

anyways, Abel will prolly get the longevity

never understood why stans care so much about 1# albums and whatever

Weeknd got more ww charts (with better numbers)

if we fighting about that

not even gonna talk about the hits :rip:

On 1/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, Dreajae said:

I don't know why atrl is so shocked about a rappers outside of Eminiem and Post Malones selling power. You do know that Wayne, 50, Kanye and several other rappers were known for 1 million selling debut weeks right? And they did have international success. 

It's kinda disrespectful. And I blame Weeknd for crossing over and not outright stating his race/ethnicity. He is a black Candaian man who has taken alot of inspiration from black American pop and r&b stars. His label tried to cheat the charts twice in one week and lost. Along with the Grammy debacle, it's not a good look. He looks scheming, pompous and entitled. 

Dont think ATRL is shocked that Kanye sells good :rip:

only pop-obsessed atrl don't know Wayne and 50's selling power back in the days

also not u forgetting to mention Drake

and how are u gonna blame the Weeknd for not "stating his race" :ahh: gives me "republicans against Obama" teas

it is Clear that he is inspired by what he is inspired :toofunny3:

also, doesn't the Weeknd Not have phys copies out?

the Grammy debacle was in His favor, even if he mentioned it a bit too much :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.