Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12) | WINNER REVEALED!

rl231

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Welcome castaways to your 7th results show! Below will be the rankings for each round. The two tribes with the highest averages will win immunity, and the top people on each losing tribe will also be immune at Tribal Council.

The judges made the score by giving up to 5 points each in lyrics and sonics. After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. 

With that said, here it is…

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• Rotunda

• Anvarie

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah I’m ready to be dead last

uxL28hwKd5ECtfo2BBhrhEGHEVfZP0mCmU3CEdaD

Opulent Moby - When It's Cold I'd Like To Die
Ampersand13 My Love is Winter - Smashing Pumpkins
Golden Hour Linkin Park - My December
Marvin Kanye West - Coldest Winter
Kayseri Mantisi Sara Bareilles - December
Red Light Demi Lovato - Stone Cold

Moby - When It's Cold I'd Like To Die

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 4.5/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • Lyrically a bit sparse, but nails the theme with its limited amount of words. On the contrary, the instrumental kinda reminds me of swimming underwater, but I could also see it being used in a cold sense. - 8/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • Another song where I would have liked more lyrically but what you gave did fit the bill of some of the requirements and sonically I could feel the chills. - 9/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 4.5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • Love love LOVE that simple, cinematic, wistful production. Chills! I am looking for a teeensy bit more lyrically though, but what was there was awesome. You hit this just a smiiidge off the mark but in the best kind of way. - 9.5/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • This definitely gave me hopelessness lyrically and sonically. - 9/10

Smashing Pumpkins - My Love is Winter

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 2/5 
    • Sonics - 1/5
    • It’s not giving any of the adjectives used to describe this round by the end, and sonically it’s a bomb. Did you search “winter” on spotify and submit the first song you saw? - 3/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 3/5 
    • Sonics - 2.5/5
    • Not a fan of this entry particularly, I didn't get winter sonically and the lyrics were okay at best for me. - 5.5/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 1/5 
    • Sonics - 2/5
    • I… just barely get a whiff of winter sonically and lyrically… girl what is this? How in any way does this relate to…. Girl??? Did you think him saying his love was winter would carry you to a good score? What in the hell. - 3/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 2.5/5 
    • Sonics - 2.5/5
    • This song just isn’t giving enough depression or despair sonically and the lyrics barely cover the theme and the end of the song seems hopeful to me. - 5/10

Linkin Park - My December 

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • Totally hopeless and defeated, which is perfect. - 10/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • Listening to the song I felt like I was listening to a heartbeat that was slowing down to the cold or something. I could have completely imagined that but it’s just what I interpreted it as. - 10/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 3/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • After listening to this song and reading the lyrics, I came away with a “meh”. So I was shocked when I saw the scores from my fellow judges. The production reminded me of tepid falling snow, which made me think “oh this is going to be a cute sonic 5” and thennn other elements came in and I thought hm now. The lyrics were one note, kinda okay but I didn’t really resonate with it or attach it to Winter. Its an entry that does its job and goes home, not the star player that stays after work to help the team. Its not a disaster, not a hit out the park. 6.5/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • Most of Linkin Park is depression and pain, the lyrics and production sound perfect for this theme to me. - 10/10

Kanye West - Coldest Winter

• Auburn
    • Lyrics -5/5 
    • Sonics - 4.5/5
    • Really strong entry for me, not the absolute perfect instrumental compared to some of the other entries this round. - 9.5/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I’m a fan of this and I wasn’t expecting it at all. - 10/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 4/5
    • The thumping. The harshness. The softness. The distance. Loved the instrumental but there was kind of something about it in the background that kept me from LOVING it as much as I would otherwise love to, I feel like Kanye has some other productions that are a bit more befitting of winter as well. The lyrics were a little one-note and while they did do well for the theme it wasn’t exacctttllyyy quite on the mark. - 8/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • Perfect choice. - 10/10

Sara Bareilles - December

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 3/5
    • Honestly this song gives me a bit of seasonal affective disorder, I like it. The instrumental is dreary but not as impactful as some of the other wintry ones I’ve heard this round. - 8/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 4/5
    • I think this is an alright entry, good job this week. - 8/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 2/5
    • I feel like you did a decent enough job with the lyrics but I’m a bit surprised you listened to the production and thought “yes, that’s it. Thats my entry” because its just not hitting. I mean, it hits a teensy tiny bit but not like… in a way that would cause you to score well in a challenge where 50% of your score lies in production. - 6/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • Lyrically great, sonically it’s not really giving cold, depressing, etc, it feels too soft and warm. - 8.5/10

Demi Lovato - Stone Cold

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 4.5/5 
    • Sonics - 4.5/5
    • At first I cackled but this song actually does fit nicely for the round. Again, a dreary instrumental but something about this one feels a bit thematically more wintry than Sara’s. - 9/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 3.5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I remember my first time seeing this song title I thought it was going to be about the cold stone creamery but it ended up not being that. Sonically yes I definitely get a winter vibe from this but I do crave more from the lyrics they do scream depression though. - Total 8.5/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 2.5/5
    • Whew lord demi was an absolute menace on this song. Her delivery just SUCKED and totally ruined the vibe. Shame on her. I kind of wondered what you were thinking when you saw a round where the prompt said “biting, harsh, intense, dramatic” and then chose a stripped back piano ballad? I’m giving it a bit of credit here, because I do believe there were some elements thrown in that accentuated the sound aspect that kind of would have made it come together but otherwise it fell a bit flat for me, especially compared to the other entries. The lyrics were… Good-ish. A bit one-note. Kind of surface level. Overall not bad but like not good. - 6.5/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • This sounds painful and depressing, not just vocally but sonically as well. - 9/10

• ATRL Moderator

Welp

kDtS9oQkVf2vSb66SDy-599r-9N0dtWHcEFcKei1

Samsom Kate Bush - Misty
fais_2311 Joni Mitchell - Urge for Going
Rotunda Frostbite - ERRA
Anvarie Björk - Aurora
Harmonizer Dido - Northern Skies

Kate Bush - Misty

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 4.5/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • Lyrically, it starts kinda weak relating to the theme but progresses into more fitting imagery. Sonically, it lacks the icy or harsh production I was looking for, but it is dramatic so there’s that.  - 8/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I think you nailed this great job but I wasn’t listening to all 13 minutes *****. - 10/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • Lyrics hit but not QUITE.  to me, this production was just a bit too warm and full to exactly scream winter. It sort of reminds me of being in a house next to a radiator while watching the snow fall in the dark outside. Close, but no cigar. - 7.5/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I feel like this completely covered everything we were looking for, great choice. - 10/10

Joni Mitchell - Urge for Going

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 2.5/5 
    • Sonics - 2.5/5
    • Too autumny for me, sorry. Beautiful song though. - 5/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 4/5 
    • Sonics - 4/5
    • I’d say a nice job with this even though the ***** fully skips over fall when she says summer is ending and heads straight to winter. - 8/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 2/5 
    • Sonics - 1/5 - 
    • eeeek this is the first time I’ve given a flat one in a judging round but I just do not know what you were THINKING with those sonics. Like they didn’t scream winter one bit And the lyrics? Very obviously in-transit. Its an Autumn song. Everything points to that….. Just because a song says winter a couple times doesn’t mean its winter-y.- 3/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 4/5
    • This worked really well lyrically for me, but sonically, it sort of gave me fall vibes, I guess it’s fine. - 9/10

Frostbite - ERRA

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 2.5/5
    • Oh wow my ears have been assaulted! Regardless, lyrically nails the theme, and the instrumental is unforgiving but not exceptionally cold to me. Somewhere in the middle. - 7.5/10
  • Boys
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 1/5
    • When I heard the metal begin, I got excited. Because Metal is a genre with a TON of cool, distant sounding dramatic songs. This is not one of them. You relied on the ignorance of the judges’ perspective on the genre to give you a cute score + the lyrics (which do hit, to your credit) The sonics tho? Sis, no.- 6/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 1/5
    • The lyrics are fitting, cold and emo or whatever, they work, sonically however this sounds like the inside of a garbage disposal and I don’t really get winter or any season specifically from it. - 6/10

Björk - Aurora

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • This was actually one of the songs I suggested as the example song for this theme! The lyrics detail her trek across a glacier and the music creates a snowy sparkly soundscape. I mean, the instrumental includes the sound of footsteps in the snow, come on now! - 10/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • As soon as I hit play I was immediately transported to winter and I could hear the chimes. It was like I was really in some fantasy game traveling through a winter night. Perfect choice! - 10/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I listened to this song before it was even sent because it was pitched as an example of what a perfect 10 would be for the round and… ugh. You nailed it with this. Congrats *****, thanks for sending this.  10/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • The way this immediately feels like winter, it’s like a lovely snowy fantasy journey, great choice. - 10/10

Dido - Northern Skies

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 3/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • The coldest part sonically is the metallic beat, and I also like the synths in some parts but some other elements are not quite fitting. Same with the lyrics, it’s just lacking in the brutalness I associate with a cold winter. - 6.5/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 3/5 
    • Sonics - 4.5/5
    • I would have liked a lot more from this lyrically but not a bad entry. - 7.5/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 3/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • The lyrics are absolutely divine, stellar, will be hard to top these lyrics for me in this round. Exactly what I was looking for in this round. It truly feels like the type of thoughts you have as you walk the world in the winter. Beautiful! Unfortunately, the production was not quite there. I think you should look into more trip-hop as plenty of songs from that genre will fit the bill for this round more than this one. 8/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 3.5/5 
    • Sonics - 4/5
    • This has it’s moments lyrically but not many moments screamed winter or cold depression/despair to me, sonically it worked a little more. - 7.5/10

j0FnF6RLosxByJsCvJJr9jJ0liSZMHqzEjWwqq5p

beatinglikeadrum Sia - Freeze You Out
Acetone Bel Canto - Baltic Ice-Breaker
VenusFlyTrap Chris Stapleton - Cold
khalyan Metallica - Trapped Under Ice

Sia - Freeze You Out

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 3.5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • The piano in this really sells it sonically. The lyrics work in parts but she makes it evident that her heart is melting, so not entirely perfect in my opinion. - 8.5/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I thought this was a great choice. Maybe this score will help her redeem herself from the mishap of that awful movie she made. - 10/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • one of the few to kind of consider the voice when it came to the sonic department? Or maybe you weren’t and this was a happy coincidence. Because this **** sounds like a cutting harsh breeze. Her vocal delivery is perrrrrfect. The rest of the production I’m like “hmmmmmmm” but otherwise I’m on board. - 8.5/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I feel the pain and despair lyrically, sonically it’s cold too, good choice.  - 10/10

Bel Canto - Baltic Ice-Breaker

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • This song fits so well it makes me want to go back and lower my scores for basically every other song. This is icy, period. 10/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • I could definitely hear this playing as the white walkers made their way to kill thousands in Game of Thrones. - 10/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!! THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT OF WHEN THIS ROUND WAS ANNOUNCED. This exact type of song. Thank you thank you thank you for hitting the nail on the head. You ******* did THAT. I truly wanted people to think out the box for this and you did that. Put these heauxs to SHAME. 10/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • This song gave me chills because it was so creepy, sonically and lyrically it was perfect for me. - 10/10

Chris Stapleton - Cold

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 4.5/5 
    • Sonics - 5/5
    • Sorry I had to take 0.5 off for the “still on fire” line. The rest of the lyrics are great though. I wasn’t completely sold on the instrumental until that guitar solo came in, whew! - Total 9.5/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 4.5/5 
    • Sonics - 4/5
    • I can feel the pain here as he’s singing and the lyrics definitely touch on the winter theme for me. - 8.5/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 3.5/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • Hmmmm… meh. It was cute enough. Felt a little pedestrian but it did the job I suppose. - 7/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 4.5/5 
    • Sonics - 4.5/5
    • Lyrically it’s great except the bridge is giving hope, but overall I feel his pain.  - Total 9/10

Metallica - Trapped Under Ice

• Auburn
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 3.5/5
    • I think the instrumental is unrelenting and harsh like winter, but there’s just something about hard rock that doesn’t completely sell the coldness for me. Lyrically perfect for the theme though. - 8.5/10
  • Boys
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 2.5/5
    • Lyrics you’re on point with but sonically just not my cup of tea. - 7.5/10
  • Gateau
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 3/5
    • Perrrrrrrfect lyrics. Perf! Definitely feel the unrelenting, dissident, dramatic winter storm vibe of the production too. I feel like it could have been very different production-wise though and it could have gotten a better score though.- 8/10
  • Staryu
    • Lyrics - 5/5 
    • Sonics - 2.5/5
    • Lyrically perfect, sonically I just feel like heavy metal doesn’t give me winter vibes, there is a coldness to it though. - 7.5/10

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Glazov

1. Anvarie - 10.00 - IMMUNE

2. Samsom - 8.88

3. Harmonizer - 7.38

4. Rotunda - 6.38

5. fais_2311 - 6.25

Baltoro

1. Marvin - 9.38 - IMMUNE

2. Golden Hour - 9.13

3. Opulent - 8.88

4. Red Light - 8.25

5. Kayseri Mantisi - 7.63

6. Ampersand13 - 4.13

Pūanu

1. Acetone - 10.00 - IMMUNE

2. beatinglikeadrum - 9.25

3. VenusFlyTrap - 8.50

4. khalyan - 7.88

Overall Rank:

1. Anvarie (+8)

1. Acetone (+8)

3. Marvin (+5)

4. beatinglikeadrum (+3)

5. Golden Hour (+1)

6. Opulent (-5)

6. Samsom (-3)

8. VenusFlyTrap (+5)

9. Red Light (+6)

10. khalyan (+7)

11. Kayseri Mantisi (0)

12. Harmonizer (+2)

13. Rotunda (-8)

14. fais_2311 (-11)

15. Ampersand13 (-13)

Cumulative Rank:

1. jeffreyy - 9.06

2. Anvarie - 8.91

3. Rotunda - 8.9

4. Opulent - 8.73

5. Golden Hour - 8.65

6. dweebz - 8.33

7. Samsom - 7.99

8. Marvin - 7.89

9. DOUGLAS BOOTH - 7.75

10. fais_2311 - 7.56

11. beatinglikeadrum - 7.51

12. Acetone - 7.47

13. Ampersand13 - 7.29

14. Eros - 7.28

15. khalyan - 7.14

16. Kayseri Mantisi - 7.08

17. TruGemini - 7.03

18. DAP - 7.01

19. Red Light - 6.77

20. Harmonizer - 6.46

21. Walley - 6.13

22. VenusFlyTrap - 5.8

23. Armani - 5.34

24. Bethenny Frankel - 5

Find out who won with this spoiler!

Spoiler

The first place tribe safe is...

j0FnF6RLosxByJsCvJJr9jJ0liSZMHqzEjWwqq5p

Congrats Pūanu - you're safe and in 1st with an average of 8.91!

The tribe in 2nd place and safe is...

by 0.1...

uxL28hwKd5ECtfo2BBhrhEGHEVfZP0mCmU3CEdaD

Congrats, Baltoro! You all are safe once again and NOT going to Tribal Council with an average of 7.88.

Glazov - can't say the same for you with 7.78. When you are ready, please DM us in the chat you submit your songs with your vote AND parchment on Discord by 8 PM EDT (<20 hours). Anvarie is safe from Tribal Council and cannot be voted for. Good luck!

someone sent Sara's December but not Winter Song? choices were made.

• ATRL Moderator

ud544Iv.png

kDtS9oQkVf2vSb66SDy-599r-9N0dtWHcEFcKei1

@Anvarie @fais_2311 @Harmonizer @Rotunda @Samsom

One of you will become the tenth person voted out of this game. If any of you have an item to play, now would be the time to do so...

Spoiler

*Nobody stands*

I'll read the votes.

• ATRL Moderator

First vote...

cachedImage.png

1 vote Harmonizer.

• ATRL Moderator

Second vote...

G3KGHAJ.png

1 vote Harmonizer, 1 vote fais_2311

• ATRL Moderator

Third vote...

FCCBFED0-4786-45E9-881E-CD2303A34474.jpg

2 votes Harmonizer, 1 vote fais_2311

• ATRL Moderator

Fourth vote...

45FE8698-2523-4C48-894C-040D75A367D3.png

2 votes Harmonizer, 2 votes fais_2311

One. Vote. Left.

• ATRL Moderator

Tenth person voted out of ATRL Survivor 12...

Spoiler

IMG_6425.png

Harmonizer, the tribe has spoken.

3gRlhai.thumb.jpg.fac16e786ab811741e2439

Thank you for playing!!

Round 8 will be posted shortly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.