• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• georgechxng

• simmnfierzig

• PopFan1996

• Steve Johnson

On 12/25/2021 at 9:04 AM, Gaia said:

It's actually hilarious how Swifties just...continue to live in their delusional little world no matter what happens in the real world.

Taylor cannot even outsell Adele with dozens of versions, hundreds of thousands of signed copies, merchandized bundles, and more promo.

It's also hilarious that the "music industry" can't even chart for more than 1 week at #1 on the Hot 100. Cardigan wasn't even on YE Top 100 on the Hot 100 

And Willow with it's entire run being on the 2021 year, didn't even chart Top 50 year end 

If she didn't constantly resort to gimmicks for her #1 hot 100 debuts that fall into oblivion, she wouldn't have had one since Look What You Made Me Do 

If she didn't constantly resort to gimmicks, her album since reputation would be at half their current numbers.

So again...to understand. Adele outsells Taylor in every regard with less promotion, without the gimmicks, and without the tabloid drama and yet... Taylor is somehow bigger  

14 hours ago, Gaia said:

@Headlock

I happily wasted a good 5 minutes of my life going through the first 10 pages of my posts and found that... I don't actually always post about Taylor. I mean, I knew that, you knew that, and I get you were just idiotically trying to make a nonexistent point because you had nothing else but... still somehow I wanted to call you out for your constant BS.

I'm in this thread. I see you also posted in this thread. No mention of Taylor on my end. Strange.

I'm in this thread. I see you also posted in this thread. No mention of Taylor on my end. Strange.

I'm in this thread. Talked about Adele. No mention of Taylor on my end (3). Strange again

I'm in this thread. Talked about Adele. No mention of Taylor on my end. Strange...again.

I'm in this thread. No mention of Taylor? Strange.

In this thread. Posted multiple times with no mention of Taylor earlier in the thread. Only mentioned Taylor once when quoting someone comparing Taylor and Adele.

So no, I do not obsessively post about Taylor. I do not mention or talk about her in every thread. I don't give 2 shits about Taylor. The only reason I've even talked about her in the past 2 months is the obsessive way Swifties have tried to find ANY avenue to call Adele a flop/underperformance.

It's almost as sad as... you (again), previously claiming I said "COVID started in summer 2020" when I literally...did not say that or insinuate such. I'm a scientist and work in biopharmaceuticals. I'm 100% positive, I know more about COVID, vaccines, and epidemiology in general than you do, so that was a bit funny.  Curiously, do you not get tired of literally pulling shit out of your ass just to try make lame drags? Genuine question. Because this is the 2nd time you've made stuff up to try and "Drag" me

-

OT: Hoping BB is at least 210k and keeps the trend of higher than HDD :clap3: 

jesus christ :deadbanana4::clap3:

OT: Go Adele! Another smash week

It's actually hilarious how Swifties just...continue to live in their delusional little world no matter what happens in the real world.

Taylor cannot even outsell Adele with dozens of versions, hundreds of thousands of signed copies, merchandized bundles, and more promo.

It's also hilarious that the "music industry" can't even chart for more than 1 week at #1 on the Hot 100. Cardigan wasn't even on YE Top 100 on the Hot 100 

And Willow with it's entire run being on the 2021 year, didn't even chart Top 50 year end 

If she didn't constantly resort to gimmicks for her #1 hot 100 debuts that fall into oblivion, she wouldn't have had one since Look What You Made Me Do 

If she didn't constantly resort to gimmicks, her album since reputation would be at half their current numbers.

So again...to understand. Adele outsells Taylor in every regard with less promotion, without the gimmicks, and without the tabloid drama and yet... Taylor is somehow bigger  

Nene Rhoa Read GIF - Nene Rhoa Read Sarcastic - Discover & Share GIFs

18 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

billboard is taking forever tonight :deadbanana:

10 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

What happened to billboard? At this point it's coming tomorrow I think:rip:

Yall let them enjoy their holiday :dies:

15 hours ago, Gaia said:

@Headlock

I happily wasted a good 5 minutes of my life going through the first 10 pages of my posts and found that... I don't actually always post about Taylor. I mean, I knew that, you knew that, and I get you were just idiotically trying to make a nonexistent point because you had nothing else but... still somehow I wanted to call you out for your constant BS.

I'm in this thread. Talked about Adele. No mention of Taylor on my end (3). Strange again

I'm in this thread. Talked about Adele. No mention of Taylor on my end. Strange...again.

I'm in this thread. No mention of Taylor? Strange.

In this thread. Posted multiple times with no mention of Taylor earlier in the thread. Only mentioned Taylor once when quoting someone comparing Taylor and Adele.

So no, I do not obsessively post about Taylor. I do not mention or talk about her in every thread. I don't give 2 shits about Taylor. The only reason I've even talked about her in the past 2 months is the obsessive way Swifties have tried to find ANY avenue to call Adele a flop/underperformance.

It's almost as sad as... you (again), previously claiming I said "COVID started in summer 2020" when I literally...did not say that or insinuate such. I'm a scientist and work in biopharmaceuticals. I'm 100% positive, I know more about COVID, vaccines, and epidemiology in general than you do, so that was a bit funny.  Curiously, do you not get tired of literally pulling shit out of your ass just to try make lame drags? Genuine question. Because this is the 2nd time you've made stuff up to try and "Drag" me

-

OT: Hoping BB is at least 210k and keeps the trend of higher than HDD :clap3: 

Oh wow OH WOW :ahh:

Billboard is so lazy.

Now that was a read.

I'm glad Adele is holding strong and kudos to Taylor as well

200.gif

27 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

What happened to billboard? At this point it's coming tomorrow I think:rip:

as it should.

It's the holiday season:gaycat1:

3 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Everyone is working here today.:rip:

This doesn't go against my point, though.

:santa:

1 minute ago, slw84 said:

This doesn't go against my point, though.

:santa:

Why would they tweet  this if they won't announce it on the 27th? 

Makes no sense. 

It would be fine if they didn't even say anything and we assume it's holidays

Edited by PopFan1996

On 12/25/2021 at 9:38 AM, simmnfierzig said:

"Dozens" is at least 24. There is no Taylor album with that many versions.

folklore had by far the most and it had 8 CDs and 8 vinyls

Last page you whined about Swifties mentioning the promo 30 had, to now go back again saying she does more promo? That's just absurd. She did extremely little for folklore, evermore, Fearless TV and Red TV. I wish she did more, she used to do way more, yes. Thankfully. Because promo is awesome

Yes she has moved away from a radio sound. Hasnt hurt her career at all. 

All Too Well would have easily debuted #1 without any "gimmicks". Dont remember Cardigan. Wasnt really following the charts then.

Saying her albums would be half their numbers is absolutely insane and baseless. Red has absolutely nothing that you would like to call "gimmicks".

And Adele doesnt outsell Taylor. Taylor sold more albums in 2021 than Adele and she will very likely sell more albums in 2022.

When was the last year Adele outsold Taylor in the US... 2016 I guess?

:clap3:

A Diamond plaque is on the way, after grammys 2023 and and To be loved receiving critical acclaim

The thing is that Taylor is still wildly successful, but she hasn't had a song that truly broke through to the public since the Lover era and arguably since before that really (low key since Bad Blood/Wildest Dreams). Whereas Adele can still get an omnipresent smash hit single that will be sung at karaoke and can be used as a crowd-pleasing encore for decades to come. So yes Taylor gets more streams and is selling more overall and is insanely successful, but you could argue her music is becoming primarily for her fanbase as opposed to the wider public. I don't know how much Taylor is impacting music either at this point, we haven't seen a bunch of Folklore copycats, she herself moved on from that sound and aesthetic pretty quickly. Aaron Dessner hasn't become a go-to producer for girls looking for their indie moment the way William Orbit became a go-to pop producer after Ray of Light, and like Taylor herself did for Jack Antonoff after 1989 and IDWLF. The re-recordings are becoming jaw-droppingly successful but she's rehashing past glories and relying on nostalgia. Again very successful but the wider public are not hearing All Too Well everywhere they go. It's a fanbase thing.

5 hours ago, Protocol said:

The thing is that Taylor is still wildly successful, but she hasn't had a song that truly broke through to the public since the Lover era and arguably since before that really (low key since Bad Blood/Wildest Dreams). Whereas Adele can still get an omnipresent smash hit single that will be sung at karaoke and can be used as a crowd-pleasing encore for decades to come. So yes Taylor gets more streams and is selling more overall and is insanely successful, but you could argue her music is becoming primarily for her fanbase as opposed to the wider public. I don't know how much Taylor is impacting music either at this point, we haven't seen a bunch of Folklore copycats, she herself moved on from that sound and aesthetic pretty quickly. Aaron Dessner hasn't become a go-to producer for girls looking for their indie moment the way William Orbit became a go-to pop producer after Ray of Light, and like Taylor herself did for Jack Antonoff after 1989 and IDWLF. The re-recordings are becoming jaw-droppingly successful but she's rehashing past glories and relying on nostalgia. Again very successful but the wider public are not hearing All Too Well everywhere they go. It's a fanbase thing.

and with some interest in her activities outside her HUGE fanbase is what helps too. But its clear that its mainly driven by her base and thats fin seeing the results its given her. 

Even I don't even like 30, it's still good to see her pulling big numbers in physical, which is an amazing sign for people who loves physical copies.

Her streaming number is bad or mediocre? I can't tell.

not even gonna lie i thought this era bombed for weeks on end...

these numbers are insane :deadbanana:

6 hours ago, jim19911126 said:

Even I don't even like 30, it's still good to see her pulling big numbers in physical, which is an amazing sign for people who loves physical copies.

Her streaming number is bad or mediocre? I can't tell.

Those numbers ain't bad as atrlers love to make it seem. Adele needs to start pushing another single so those numbers might increase and stabilize. :duca:

On 12/27/2021 at 5:30 AM, BrokenMachine said:

+20 pages for this??

I thought y'all left this nonsense on release week :skull:

Lol no, i think only last week this feud was kinda on pause :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.