HDD: 30 increases to 205k

LanaDReyOnline

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

It's funny how they tried to prove they were on a similar level using the numbers from Taylor's first 3 albums but then backtracked and started using her whole discography numbers once they realized they couldn't surpass Adele's without it. Stick to an argument :deadbanana2:

Nah Adele fans keep wanting to only compare select few albums. We are going along with that and I certainly dont think 25M vs 33M is looking bad at all for Taylor, when that 33M includes an insane peak 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• georgechxng

• simmnfierzig

• PopFan1996

• Steve Johnson

4 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Because Adele is obviously bigger than Taylor WW? The discussion was about the US yes but it took a turn to WW because of some swifties mentioning the WW sales of Sour. Your bias is crazy , try to make it less obvious next time:rip:

Adele is certainly moving a much bigger percentage of her units outside the US than Taylor. 

That doesnt change the fact that there are no good WW numbers. 

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Nah Adele fans keep wanting to only compare select few albums. We are going along with that and I certainly dont think 25M vs 33M is looking bad at all for Taylor, when that 33M includes an insane peak 

They are not Adele fans luv. Most of them are retired girl fans, katy clowns, liddos, ponytail fans. 

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Taylor's first 3 albums include 2 of her 3 most sucessful albums in the US. Even if you replaced Speak Now for 1989, she still wouldn't cross 30M :chick1:

4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

That doesnt change the fact that there are no good WW numbers. 

:deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

Taylor's first 3 albums include 2 of her 3 most sucessful albums in the US. Even if you replaced Speak Now for 1989, she still wouldn't cross 30M :chick1:

Doesnt matter, but Red is slightly bigger than debut. 

32 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

1989 is the most awarded pop album in hostory.

Huh? First time hearing of this :dies:  Weren't both 21 and 25 more acclaimed, sweeping all of the Grammys and countless of other awards? AMAs really don't count cuz their top winners have mostly been US-based artists, just like with the BRITs where Adele is unbeatable.

Edited by Hot Volcano

It's so sad that Adele only released her 4th album till now. Can't wait for her next 4 albums so that I can see how Adele's 8th album performs ? But Adele will take 20 years for that. So sad. 

LOL a warning point for going off-topic. Looks like swifties are more insecure than I thought.

OT: Adele the music industry. Her Worldwide pure sales are something no one even comes close too. The demand is real, even after 6 years. Icon.

Just now, Steve Johnson said:

It's so sad that Adele only released her 4th album till now. Can't wait for her next 4 albums so that I can see how Adele's 8th album performs ? But Adele will take 20 years for that. So sad. 

She is on-par with every other major popstar other than Taylor when it comes to releasing albums since 2008, but go off I guess :dies:

What I meant is that there are way more CDs produced than the actual initial demand. Now people buy it on bargains and because those CDs can be found everywhere in stores. They do what they can to sell them.

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

Weren't both 21 and 25 more acclaimed

Nope. Only 21 was more acclaimed. 1989 was more acclaimed than 25 everywhere, on metacritic, decade end aggregate list. 1989 waa even higher than 21 on decade end list but overall 21 is more acclaimed but 25 is nowhere near 1989. 

1 minute ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

What I meant is that there are way more CDs produced than the actual initial demand. Now people buy it on bargains and because those CDs can be found everywhere in stores. They do what they can to sell them.

Based on first week, everyone thought the album was over-shipped, but recently all the major publications like Billboard, Forbes and Variety stated that now, based on 30's amazing performance in the weeks that followed, that turned out to NOT be the case.

And there we have you, an ATRL member and others like you still claiming the opposite. Sorry but I think I will choose to trust official sources instead :sorry:

7 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

She is on-par with every other major popstar other than Taylor when it comes to releasing albums since 2008, but go off I guess :dies:

Huh ? Ariana released 6 albums in 7 years. Gaga released 5 albums + 2 jazz projects+ 1 OST. But go off I guess. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

6 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

That's not true. Adele sells huge despite discounts, bargains etc. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Huh ? Ariana released 6 albums in 7 years. Gaga released 5 albums + 2 jazz projects+ 1 OST. But go off I guess. 

Since Adele released 19 (studio albums released since) :

- Taylor : 8 albums 

- Ariana : 6 albums

- Rihanna : 5 albums

- Gaga : 5 albums

- Katy : 5 albums

- Alicia : 5 albums
- Beyonce : 4 albums

- Adele : 4 albums

- Britney : 4 albums

- P!nk 4 albums

- Kesha : 4 albums

- Madonna : 4 albums

- Xtina : 3 albums

- Avril : 3 albums

this is what means "being-on-par" :coffee2:

29 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

That's not true. Adele sells huge despite discounts, bargains etc. 

As well as Taylor, but she doesn't need to sign every copy to create demand

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

- P!nk 4 albums

I don’t think it makes sense to include a lot of these artists in this list

Adele only has 4 albums…PERIOD

it would only make sense to either compare to women who debuted around the same time as her, or compare the rate of release for everyone’s first 4 albums

28 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I don’t think it makes sense to include a lot of these artists in this list

Adele only has 4 albums…PERIOD

it would only make sense to either compare to women who debuted around the same time as her, or compare the rate of release for everyone’s first 4 albums

You’re clutching at straws :ahh:

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

- P!nk 4 albums

Why since 19? I was talking about artists first few projects.  Rihanna released her first 7 albums in succession. Along with gaga's 5 studio albums, she released C2C, L4S, ASIB. Madonna is not her peer, she also released her projects very frequently when she was young in her career. Not every artist releases their 4 initial projects with 5/6 yr gap. 

Adele is different and it's good but that's not being-on-par with others. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Its probably counting Speak Now world Tour live and the Folklore Long Pond sessions and maybe even some unreleased stuff from YouTube. Saw like 20 of them on 1 chartmaster list

Taylor has 236 songs without remixes or acoustic or live versions.

Adele has 47 songs without remixes or acoustic or live versions on spotify.

not the song count...ya'll are taking this too far.

Adele vs Taylor needs to end in 2021 so get your jollies for now.

This can't continue in 2022:coffee2:

QueenofCopyPaste

Grass touch touch Grass

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.