• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• georgechxng

• simmnfierzig

• PopFan1996

• Steve Johnson

Not people calling out Swifties for living in their own world and proceeding to use Billboard stats to argue how Adele is bigger than Taylor Swift, when their own source has already stated officially and publicly that Taylor Swift is the bigger artist :rip:

At least don't use a source that goes against your very own claim…

OT: It's a pity that Roddy's album is underperforming. I quite liked it :noparty:

1 hour ago, Bey Admired said:

Let’s say an hypothetical artist releases twice as much as Taylor and yet only gets half the sales of Taylor on an average basis. Would you say that artist is bigger than Taylor because they release more? :rip:

Half where? :rip:

Adele's first 3 album has 31M sales. Taylor's first 4 album has 33M sales so they are not that far even if you compare as first 4 albums. 

Not like they are very close or something, Taylor sold more than 60M units in US :rip:

??? Where are you getting this 11x platinum thing from? :rip: You’re the first person I’ve ever seen claiming that 1989 is 11x platinum :rip: That’s ludicrous. 

1989 certified 9 Platinum in December 2017 which means +9M sales and it sold around 2M since then? It sold +500k this year alone according to Bilboard. What is ludicrous about that :rip:

43 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Half where? :rip:

Adele's first 3 album has 31M sales. Taylor's first 4 album has 33M sales so they are not that far even if you compare as first 4 albums. 

1. 21 is def over 17x platinum by now and 25 is def over 12x platinum. 19 was certified 3x platinum in 2016 so it's probably 4x by now, possibly even 5. Adele probably moved at least 35M with those 3. 

2. You are not slick adding a 4th album to increase Taylor's numbers, why not compare the first 3? Taylor would be at 25/26M with those :rip:

Edited by georgechxng

Let’s say an hypothetical artist releases twice as much as Taylor and yet only gets half the sales of Taylor on an average basis. Would you say that artist is bigger than Taylor because they release more? :rip:

Are their overall sales bigger? :santa:

The way aggregate numbers apparently mean nothing anymore lmao

The way Adele is effortlessly and organically making her second fanbase miserable :rip: imagine if she was actively promoting 30 and doing desperate gimmicks with it like others

58 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Not people calling out Swifties for living in their own world and proceeding to use Billboard stats to argue how Adele is bigger than Taylor Swift, when their own source has already stated officially and publicly that Taylor Swift is the bigger artist :rip:

At least don't use a source that goes against your very own claim…

OT: It's a pity that Roddy's album is underperforming. I quite liked it :noparty:

More releases :isudumblmao:

Just now, rihannabiggestfan said:

The way Adele is effortlessly and organically making her second fanbase miserable :rip: imagine if she was actively promoting 30 and doing desperate gimmicks with it like others

Gonna screenshot some YouTube comments about it, Demi stan? :santa:

11 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

1. 21 is def over 17x platinum by now and 25 is def over 12x platinum. 19 was certified 3x platinum in 2016 so it's probably 4x by now, possibly even 5. Adele probably moved at least 35M with those 3. 

8 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

image0.png

11 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

2. You are not slick adding a 4th album to increase Taylor's numbers, why not compare the first 3? Taylor would be at 25/26M with those :rip:

And that's still not half by any means, that's around only 1/5 less with her other albums adding another 40M units so thanks for proving my point, i guess? 

9 hours ago, Gaia said:

Thank you for clarifying Taylor ONLY had 16 versions!

Baseless? 

Look at Folklore's chart run:

1-1-1-1-1-1-5-4-1-7-12-10-1-17-27-10-29-6-8-11-3-8-6

NOTHING about that chart run looks normal and it's not. From the bundles first couple of weeks, to the signed copies after, late vinyls, etc. It's so obviously fan driven that anyone who is not a delusional Swiftie can see this and knows this. Her sales aren't organic by any means. 

Taylor has done "extremely little" promo? Here is some televised promo since Folklore including SNL, GRAMMYs, and more.

-

Taylor didn't promote her music during Reputation sure. Maybe she doesn't promote as much as Dua Lipa sure. But saying "Extremely little" :ahh: 

And my bad, maybe you only view gimmicks as cheap selling tactics. I also view using currently popular actors and actresses to reenact a decade old 3 month relationship with an A-list actor a "gimmick" as the drama was the main driving force behind its success.

And I'm not going to bother trying to explain why the logic of "Taylor and her 10 albums sell more per year than Adele and her 3! (now 4)" 

Let me use another phrase for you then: Adele albums sell more than Taylor albums. Happy? Now your cumulative nonsense does not apply :coffee:

Nnnnnnnnnn :toofunny2: :toofunny2:

16 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

And that's still not half by any means, that's around only 1/5 less with her other albums adding another 40M units so thanks for proving my point, i guess? 

again why are you using HDD? they are not RIAA :deadbanana2:you can't act like 1989 is over 11x because it was certified 9x in 2017 then proceed to act like 25 is 12x when it went diamond based on PURE SALES alone in september of 2016 :dies: make it make sense

Edited by georgechxng

11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

TS: 7x platinum

Fearless: Diamond

Speak Now: 6x platinum

Total: 23M

Not you acting like over 10M units is nothing :bibliahh:

Edited by georgechxng

35 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

TS: 7x platinum

Fearless: Diamond

Speak Now: 6x platinum

Total: 23M

They were at these numbers 4 years ago without counting fractions, yes. :rip:

So first part of their career is not even that different and Taylor had second phase of her career as a pop artist which moved another 25-30M units and she is in her third phase of her career right now. 

See, that user's comparison was that nonsencial. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

They were at these numbers 4 years ago without counting fractions, yes. :rip:

I'm just doing what you did to come up with Adele's "31M" :rip:

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

35M doesnt seem accurate

46 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

again why are you using HDD? they are not RIAA :deadbanana2:you can't act like 1989 is over 11x because it was certified 9x in 2017 then proceed to act like 25 is 12x when it went diamond based on PURE SALES alone in september of 2016 :dies: make it make sense

Billboard said last year that 1989 was over 10.4M and it did over 500k this year. It is 11x platinum  

7 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:
8 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:
35M doesnt seem accurate

They're just reporting her year old certifications :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Probably not if they are tied overall

Its 60M vs 35M here though:kitty:

3 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

??? Where are you getting this 11x platinum thing from? :rip: You’re the first person I’ve ever seen claiming that 1989 is 11x platinum :rip: That’s ludicrous. 

It 100% is over 11M 

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

They're just reporting her year old certifications :deadbanana2:

Huh? Certifications are at 28M. 

33M now for the first 3 seems very realistic

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Huh? Certifications are at 28M. 

33M now for the first 3 seems very realistic

Let's say it's 33M over 35M, that's still way more than what Taylor did with her 3 first albums, which was what the other swiftie was trying to argue against :biblio:

Istg y'all are toxic teenage-acting girlies and y'all should get a hobby or a job. it's kinda miserable reading through this

Lmao stop comparing old numbers guys it’s not productive. Adele and Taylor released the first 3/4 albums with a very different timeline so you cannot compare them :rip:

9 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

:bibliahh:

You dont trust Billboard? 

I would look for the article from last year but its all paywall now

Or you dont trust the multiple reports that 1989 moved over 500k this year?

6 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Let's say it's 33M over 35M, that's still way more than what Taylor did with her 3 first albums, which was what the other swiftie was trying to argue against :biblio:

Its 33M vs 25M, yes.

12 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

I didn't argue against anything you said? :toofunny2: The user i quoted claimed that Adele sells around 2x which was clearly wrong and you can see that even with your own numbers.

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

You dont trust Billboard? 

I would look for the article from last year but its all paywall now

Or you dont trust the multiple reports that 1989 moved over 500k this year?

Its 33M vs 25M, yes.

I can copy-paste if you want to. Or you can just turn off your Wifi while page is downloading so you will be able to view the whole page.  :fan:

Why not just compare the albums that were released in the similar time frame?

Adele's 21 was bigger than "Speak Now" (and "Fearless"), 25 was bigger than "1989" and now 30 sold more in 5 weeks than "Evermore" did in a year. So whenever Adele releases she outsells the previous album by Taylor. :michael:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.