• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hug

• Ttoki

• Remmy

• Lazuli

Top Posters In This Topic

ah magdelena bay ofc :clap3: can't go one thread without seeing praise for them! 

MfkLKNK.gif

Replying to the besties...for the last time?! ? Yes, after November I will be posting my rankings for my overall top songs of the year (and how many times I personally streamed them as according to lfm) and that will be my Best Of completed! Thank you everyone for following my very odd Best Of full of whats, whos, and whys.

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Oh, now we're talking! :katie2:

:katie2: 

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

Mercurial World -- Oh, now we're talking! :katie2: [2] There's bigger bangers on the album though. Paranoid is alright, Every Night outsold :lakitu: || I do be liking Upper Side Dreamin', I do!!

All very accurate :lakitu: Charli loves herself some autotune, it can get overboard at times for sure nnn.

:heart::cries::heart::cries::heart: An inspiration

If you're talking about Secrets (Your Fire) or You Lose!...I disagree sadly! Upper Side Dreamin' perhaps their best song idk idk others might disagree!

The way I actually really like autotune, especially when it's copious and blatant. That's even more reason I should've liked her. Idk things just weren't clicking at the time. Perhaps it was when I realized she was the reason I hated "I Don't Care"...I just carried that hate with me for years. It's nice to let go!

17 hours ago, D/X said:

Kinda surprised to see you kinda disliked Charli, but good to see her with Good Ones. :party:

I will support any queen that can write a good pop song, and I'm glad to find Charli, in fact, can! :party: 

6 hours ago, Lazuli said:

ah magdelena bay ofc :clap3: can't go one thread without seeing praise for them! 

I had to give people something to comment on, people grasp at straws every time they come in this thread that's why it's tanking! ?

kvJR26L.gif

wWhiKbN.gif

WvpnQNo.gif

Western/English

Spoiler

Robin Packalen - Curtain Call (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Modern take on turn-of-the-millennium teen pop

I discovered Robin through my Discover Weekly recommending his collab with SAAY, a K-Pop soloist who also happens to be a former member of EvoL. Small world! Still, I liked the song and was drawn to Robin's voice, so I looked into his discography a bit to find this wonderful gem. Any song that serves early 2000s pop, especially in the chorus, is an instant smash to me! I can just imagine this is like...Bring It On or one of those competitive dancing movies during the passive-aggressive cheering/dancing scenes, possibly during the rain. Love that for this song!

Robin Packalen, Alex Mattson - Hard To Love (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Seems very typical somewhat funk-inspired pop to me hun

Eastern/J/K/C-Pop

Spoiler

VERIVERY - Heart Attack (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: WHO PRODUCED THIS SHIT?

While most Western producers would have the decency to ease you into a song before hitting you with the dance break bridge, this song had the brilliant idea of taking that dance break bridge and opening the song with it! That doesn't mean there isn't a breakdown bridge, it's just a different dance break!! THEN THERE'S THE FUCKING KEY CHANGE. Girl, whoever made this LOVES their job. As a maximalist when it comes to production, this slayed me on first listen.

TWICE - Espresso (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: The best song on Formula of Love IKTR!!

ONEUS - LUNA (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Traditional-inspired contemporary synthpop banger x

So this would've been my MVOTY if I wasn't such a whore for gay concepts. The visuals of this Mv are SOOO good like ugh, you could pause this MV at any second and have a picture perfect for an aesthetic tumblr account. Of course, the song is great too! (Notable for being a K-Pop song with no English in it at all ?)

TWICE - F.I.L.A (Fall in Love Again) (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: It's more throwback pop, you know...the "in" sound!

I suppose I'll take this spot to say I actually really enjoyed the majority of Formula of Love, but for one reason or another, I wasn't listening to music much by the time the album dropped. In a different month, I would've spun the shit out of it! Still, they netted two entries on my Year End, and as a former THRICE that's pretty good!!

The After Party, which will be dedicated to end-of-year statistics, is coming up next. This will be goodbye y'all...!

wfDgdU5.gif

ATy3W4K.gif

Western/English Top Songs:

Spoiler

My Western song of the year is...

TIHZnhq.gif

Admit It by Erika Tham (Spotify/YouTube)

b441de2348c9cf4b4a4b785e3f4f5ce7.1000x1000x1.jpg

With 225 plays, it's my third most listened to song of 2021, and my Western SOTY. Other notable Western songs with significant play counts (aka the rest of my Top 10 Western songs):

MAKJ, JYYE - Promises (156 plays)
Robin Palacken - Curtain Call (112 plays)

Chase Atlantic - Paranoid (86 plays)

Chase Atlantic - Slide (76 plays)

James Hype, Pia Mia - Good Luck (68 plays)

Chase Atlantic - Out The Roof (67 plays)

JVZEL - Voyeur AF (62 plays)

PLVTINUM - Sacrilegious (56 plays)

Cascada - I'm Feeling It (In The Air) (51 plays)

Eastern/J/K/C-Pop Top Songs:

Spoiler

My Eastern SOTY is...

jtkauin.gif

My Turn by CRAVITY (Spotify/YouTube)

cravity-my-turn-4.jpg

With 315 plays, it is my most streamed song of 2021 and, obviously, my Eastern SOTY. Other notable Eastern songs with significant play counts (AKA the rest of my Eastern Top 10):

BDC - Moonlight (265 plays)

WJSN - New Me (220 plays)

BÉBE YANA - Strawberry Kisses (207 plays)
BXK - 내버려둬(NOYB) (151 plays)

AleXa - Never Let You Go (129 plays)

CRAVITY - Bad Habits (124 plays)

TO1 - Reborn (Intro) (112 plays)

JO1 - Born To Be Wild (109 plays)

BALLISTIK BOYZ from EXILE TRIBE - Animal (108 plays)

...and with that, we're [CLOSED], thank you all for the support so I was able to see a year end through to the end two years in a row! Finally, I committed to something!

TWICE is one of the groups I've had on my list so I'll ignore those for now but guess what... I liked everything else! :soda: although "LUNA" has quite a lot going on kiii. Definitely gotta get into Robin since I already like the sound of 2 songs. Everything I knew or was interested in TANKED on the stats list except "Animal" :oh:

This was a great Best Of overall :clap3: And yesss we love commitment! :clap3::clap3:

If you're talking about Secrets (Your Fire) or You Lose!...I disagree sadly! Upper Side Dreamin' perhaps their best song idk idk others might disagree!

The way I actually really like autotune, especially when it's copious and blatant. That's even more reason I should've liked her. Idk things just weren't clicking at the time. Perhaps it was when I realized she was the reason I hated "I Don't Care"...I just carried that hate with me for years. It's nice to let go!

Actually no! But they're up in the MW rankings of course

Oop! And hold UP you mean Icona Pop's "I Love It"?? I love that motherfuckin song, I love it I love it I love it :weeps::weeps::weeps:

Oh wow let me catch up a bit

star-crossed (song) made me cry when i first heard it. The lyrics destroyed me and that's just the intro :gaycat6:

Yes Lee Hi getting her flower :clap3: Her new album is so underrated, probably her best project she's ever released maybe leaving YG did wonder for her in terms of quality oop

F.I.L.A is truly the Korean Levitating and should've release as the title track

Honestly Good Ones aged like milk for me and Thunderous is peak Boygroup noise i fer nnn

Ill have to check some of these out :)

Congrats on finishing up your YECD. While I didn't know many songs here, I did notice the way your YECD was presented was unique compared to everyone else's. :hippo:

My Turn is a mess but it grew on me so much and seems like a very fitting soty for you :fan:

Life Could Be Sweet was a bit of a moment in ASC :jonny2: Would You Mind is their only bop :clap3:

Magdalena Bay ahhhhhhh :jonny5: I wouldn't have picked Espresso of all songs on Twice's album, FILA is a much better choice :clap3:

the twice stanning! they were serving kylie on FILA and slayed it. espresso is kinda cute too! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.