• Remmy

• Lazuli

Top Posters In This Topic

the visuals 

the poetry 

the creativity 

the servinality 

:clap3: :clap3::clap3:

I love that Lee Eun Sang song and as much I don't like Dreamcatcher that song slaps. I should check out the western songs you listed x

MfkLKNK.gif

fourteen

Short days, long nights

White ground and gray skies

No golden sun, so silver lines

Brevity's the sole respite

Fourteen will come and go

I've made it this far on my own

I'm not weak, oh this I know

...but if I were, it wouldn't show

--

Replies to the posts I got from the besties!

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Are they debuting on major label or independent? Honestly i'm ready for BW push in future and also releasing good music oop

OT: Yes @ Dreamcatcher acclaim and Odd Eye & Dystopia : Road to Eutopia are excellent and you should say it :clap3:

and also AleXa's Never Let You Go is really soothing too. Truly my winter smash :clap3:

Tbh I'm not sure. I would like for them to have label support, but with their numbers, seems independent is more likely. ?

Dreamcatcher acclaimed wbk. Happy to see more people appreciate Never Let You Go!!

20 hours ago, Hikari said:

who would've thought that Alexa would serve us a ballad in 2021

Dreamcatcher slaying as always but that's not really nothing new x

An excellent ballad nonetheless. She truly is versatile.

Dreamcatcher talent thems just facts.

19 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

the visuals 

the poetry 

the creativity 

the servinality 

:clap3: :clap3::clap3:

Thank you for appreciating my effort. :heart: It's been really fun coming up with the poems so far!

19 hours ago, diogozsz said:

I love that Lee Eun Sang song and as much I don't like Dreamcatcher that song slaps. I should check out the western songs you listed x

Oop didn't expect anyone to even comment on Beautiful Scar but glad you know how good it is!

Idk if I'd recommend the Western songs to most people even if I personally enjoy them but hey knock yourself out.

1 hour ago, ATRL Username said:

Where is Ms. Tham!! But amazing graphics, this is such a serve <3

I'll admit it, she isn't coming for a while but she'll stomp when she does!!

Thank you for the praise, it makes me feel accomplished. ?

kvJR26L.gif

ucBkRj5.gif

93qhluj.gif

Western/English

Spoiler

Madison Beer - Effortlessly (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Dark, Introspective, Melancholic

So I listened to Life Support with little expectation. I didn't think I'd hate it; I didn't think I'd love it. I just decided on a whim to give it a go. It was definitely better than I anticipated, and Effortlessly was easily the standout track for me. I don't tend to have high expectations for pop lyrics, but I still think about "...'Sadness isn't real.' / Then why's it feel so physical?", it might not be the most sophisticated lyric ever put to music, but it captures how depression can manifest into ways that feel very much real to the people suffering from it. I appreciated the song lot as a proponent for mental health being taken more seriously and this song, at least in my opinion, gives a more nuanced look into depression than many pop songs that will just go "I'm so fucking depressed / I can't get out of bed"...which is valid but there's only so many of those songs I can take. Of course, I'm not one to gush over a song's lyrics, no matter how good they are, if there isn't any musicality to compliment it, and this song is fittingly dark and haunting. The use of vocoder, imo, is brilliant, but I love vocoder (and vocal editing) in general, so bias perhaps. Overall, this took me by surprise when I listened to Life Support in the best way possible.

Rita Ora, David Guetta, Imanbek, Gunna - Big (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Dance / Atmosphere: Hype, Bad Bitch Energy

Eastern/J/K/C-Pop

Spoiler

WayV - Bad Alive (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Twinks yelling at you

I'm going to comment on this to once again emphasize that songs that weren't released between December 2020 and November 2021 still qualify for my list if I first heard the songs within that time frame, or if the song had a significant enough place in my year without having presence in any of my previous years. This is an example of something I was a bit late to and ended up hearing through Spotify's Discover Weekly feature. Still, this kinda started the WayV-cation of Hug, so to speak. This will be relevant later! Oh, and this is the English version but I put it here because there's a K-version too and idk which one came first, I just listen to the English one.

SHINee - Don't Call Me (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: The NCTfication of SHINee

ONF - The Realist (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: 80s-inspired

Chung Ha - Bother Me (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Dancey, upbeat

I'm taking the time now to ask that more people give SUMIN, the writer of this song, some streams. She fairly recently released an album called Miniseries and it's excellent. She is a singer, songwriter, and producer with a unique style that is evident even in songs like Bother Me. I remember listened to Querencia and immediately getting SUMIN vibes before I even checked the credits. I was not surprised to find I was right. If you're a fan of this song, there's a chance you'd enjoy SUMIN! SO GIVE HER A CHANCE AND STOP SLEEPING!!

wfDgdU5.gif

Don't You Feel It?

Don't you feel it? The chill is slowly giving way

Don't you see it? The first signs of spring appeared today

Don't you hear it? The chirps of birds, absent for months

Can you believe it? The best is yet to come

Rays of warmth kiss the limbs of trees

Blades of grass start to sprout under-feet

The grays start to fade, colors paint the scene

...Can I no longer blame the season for my being unhappy?

--

After Party Highlight

DUALITY by I.M

So, this highlight section isn't reserved for single songs. An album (or mini album, in this instance) is just as valid, and I realized that I didn't mention anything about the mini here, despite me liking every song on it. This album shows a side to I.M that doesn't get to shine in Monsta X releases, as he's one of the rappers of the group. Here, he gets to show his fondness for R&B with songs that sound mature and sensual. A particular highlight of the mini is the closing track, flower-ed. It's a slower song with evident trap influences, and while I refrain from calling I.M a powerhouse vocalist, his most interesting vocal performance is on this song, which is complimented by intriguing production choices.

As a fan of Monsta X, with I.M being my bias of the group, this release was very welcome and made my 2021 better. Thank you, I.M, for releasing DUALITY <3

1 hour ago, Hug said:

SHINee - Don't Call Me (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: The NCTfication of SHINee

Spoiler

You're disgusting for this.

BUT yes @ SHINee, The Realist and Madison Beer :jonny5: my favorite update so far <3

madison and rita :jonny4:

might have to get into IM based on that description

Chungha :clap3: I still enjoy her album but I haven't listened to it much. Good pick though!!

Madison song is a bop, and omg Rita sljsjf forgot about that EP

Miss Madison Beer did what she had to do there! I prefer Bang over Big but that song is quite a bop as well x

WayV best NCT Unit (rest in piss Lucas <3), it's true!

Don't Call Me >> Atlantis it's true! (2)

I think The Realist is the last ONF song that I liked, well at least they gave us one good song before enlisting!

Bother Me top 3 on Querencia so SUMIN did that!

I.M. is very hot, i'll give you that x

I really enjoy Life Support and it's actually better than what i expect. After so many years she's been releasing music. i'm glad that she can put a good debut album out. Let see what she has to offer in MB2

CHUNG HA & SUMIN praise yaas :jonny5: Querencia is such a good album with so many highilight wow

Even if the title track is just another NCT/EXO demo, but Don't Call Me (album) is really great and feels very SHINee. A decade in the business and they still gave the best album in their discography :clap3:

MfkLKNK.gif

You'll be here forever...

Cradle your head in your shaking hands

Feel the torrent of pouring rain

Wander the lonely memory lane

You'll find where it all went wrong, perchance

How you got to a place that light never reaches

Where no one's around and sound won't escape

You're left to your devices, cold and isolated

And you'll be here forever if you truly believe it

--

Replies to the besties!

Spoiler

18 hours ago, diogozsz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You're disgusting for this.

BUT yes @ SHINee, The Realist and Madison Beer :jonny5: my favorite update so far <3

Sorry, it's true! They were in their NCT bag with that one. Big bop however.

thank you for update acclaim! I thought it'd be a filler update but glad it wasn't x

16 hours ago, Sanguine said:

WayV YES. Legends

Don’t Call Me a bit of a grower bop!

WayV really did wake up one day and decide to become the best NCT Unit. Funny that.

Glad to see more people appreciate the art of Don't Call Me yup!

15 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

madison and rita :jonny4:

might have to get into IM based on that description

I support giving I.M streams for sure! Surprised people remember Rita though because I would've forgot if I wasn't actively keeping track. :skull:

11 hours ago, hofork said:

Chungha :clap3: I still enjoy her album but I haven't listened to it much. Good pick though!!

Madison song is a bop, and omg Rita sljsjf forgot about that EP

Querencia is a very good debut album yes! She really proved that she's one of the best soloists out in K-Pop right now with that I fear.

Effortlessly smash I'm afraid. Need the video~ I think we ALL forgot about Rita after a week, but it's fine!

4 hours ago, Hikari said:

Miss Madison Beer did what she had to do there! I prefer Bang over Big but that song is quite a bop as well x

WayV best NCT Unit (rest in piss Lucas <3), it's true!

Don't Call Me >> Atlantis it's true! (2)

I think The Realist is the last ONF song that I liked, well at least they gave us one good song before enlisting!

Bother Me top 3 on Querencia so SUMIN did that!

I.M. is very hot, i'll give you that x

Yeah Madison had a vision and she went for it. Icon, I believe. I think most people liked Bang the most and I can understand why, but I just like when pop girls try to be edgier than they actually are. Faux edge is one of my favorite aesthetics.

WayV best NCT Unit (rest in piss Lucas <3), it's true! [2]

You not liking Goosebumps, R.L Stine dying for nothing I guess...

Bother Me acclaim absolutely! Glad we agree!

...I.M is very hot [2]

4 hours ago, Lazuli said:

ah yes the chung ha feature

Lazuli

Queen of K-Pop soloists, IU and BoA shaking somewhere I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I really enjoy Life Support and it's actually better than what i expect. After so many years she's been releasing music. i'm glad that she can put a good debut album out. Let see what she has to offer in MB2

CHUNG HA & SUMIN praise yaas :jonny5: Querencia is such a good album with so many highilight wow

Even if the title track is just another NCT/EXO demo, but Don't Call Me (album) is really great and feels very SHINee. A decade in the business and they still gave the best album in their discography :clap3:

Life Support is honestly better than a lot of pop debuts are, especially from acts of Madison's caliber. She seemed to already have an idea of what she wanted to do and she went for it. It could be easy to say she's an Ariana clone, and to say there aren't hints of Ari in there would be naive, but she also does Madison things!!

I really think I slept on Querencia, despite liking it since I sort of tunneled in on Bother Me (and Dream of You but that was on my Year-End last year hihi) it really is a great album though yeah.

I did also like Don't Call Me (album), though I think the title track was my favorite. I always felt SHINee were incredibly polished and well...shiny. Them doing a song like Don't Call Me was different for them and it interested me! I like when songs feel a bit messy.

Thank you for commenting once again everyone and not letting this flop!!

kvJR26L.gif

z9s9cjM.gif

8RiZU2h.gif

Western/English

Spoiler

Cascada - I'm Feeling It (In the Air) (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Dance / Atmosphere: 2006 but make it 2021

I had a bit of a Cascada era this year where i was becoming (re)obsessed with older Cascada music. I even decided to listen to a whole Cascada album, and it was better than I imagined it'd be to be fair. :skull: Then I discovered that Cascada was making new music and...wouldn't you know it, it sounds a lot like their old stuff, for better or worse. It was for the better for me, because the Cascada sound was something I was 100% in the mood for. You could say I was Feeling It (In the Air). This is just very much fun dancey Cascada vibes and if you had a pulse in 2006, you should know generally what to expect here.

Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Dance / Atmosphere: Bebe's best song?

Martix Garrix, Tove Lo - Pressure (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Dance / Atmosphere: Dark, Sexy ish maybe

I feel like this was completely ignored? Personally, I think this is both one of Martin's and one of Tove's best songs in a long while, and I was obsessed for a good minute! Perhaps it's not as bombastic as people would like a Tove song to be, and it was generally seen as a throwaway collab to fill up space, but this is a song I still think about sometimes so it wasn't filler to me! ?

Eastern/J/K/C-Pop

Spoiler

WayV - Good Time (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Celebratory, uplifting

The WayV-cation of Hug came out in full force this month. Listening to the Kick Back mini, this song stood out to me immediately. Such a feel-good track that made me feel warm and happy, which can be tricky for boy groups because I like it when they yell at me more. :(

WayV - Action Figure (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: So drippy, so drippy so drippy

CRAVITY - Bad Habits (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Aggressive Twinks

CRAVITY hit me like a truck this year. They warned me with Flame, which I thought was good, but Bad Habits came out of nowhere to knock me OUT. I know this is cacophonous noise and I DON'T CARE. As I stated, I prefer when the K-Pop twinks are yelling at me! The whispering part after the bridge was created in a fucking lab with the sole purpose of making me stan, and it WORKED. VERY Hug-core. (Also there ARE melodic parts here and they sound beautiful and i love it.)

CRAVITY - My Turn (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: VROOM VROOM VROOM VROOM VROOM VROOM VROOM SKRRT

I would just like to thank the tweet I first heard this song in that said: "This is fucking awful. One of the worst choruses I've heard in my life." did they lie? NO. Do I stan anyway? YES. If Bad Habits knocked me out, My Turn took me while unconscious, woke me up only to beat my ass AGAIN and made sure I stayed down.  The verses stomp, pre-chorus beautiful and the bridge sounds like the gates of Heaven opening. It could actually be the pits of Hell burning with a fiery rage, but I DON'T CARE. CRAVITY best 4th Gen K-Pop group and I'M NOT JOKING.

CRAVITY - Dangerous (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: The aggressive twinks decided to be slightly less aggressive

CRAVITY - Moonlight (Spotify/YouTube)

Genre: Pop / Atmosphere: Actually just a good pop song idk what to tell you...

wfDgdU5.gif

You've sunk to the bottom...

You've sunk to the bottom and hit the ground

...Can you tell me the conclusion you've found?

You don't want to cry, you don't want to scream

You don't want to drown, you want to breathe

It's sad it came to this, but maybe for the best

Just close your eyes and get some rest

Let's make a promise, keep it for your sake

Fight to the surface and remember this day

Remember this sadness, remember this fear

If you go and forget, you'll end up back here

--

After Party Highlight:
SEDENTARIA by Addy

Last year, someone I'm happy to call my friend released an album they sang, wrote, and produced called SEDENTARIA. It's not an accomplishment of my own, but I was and am very proud of him. Being his friend as long as I have, I was able to see how he grew and changed as an artist forming his own identity while also learning a lot about music and the type of artist I'd like to be from him. Seeing him bring life to something he worked so hard on made me happy, and I wanted to spread the word for him in the hopes more people would listen to his music and see what a fantastically creative person he is.

This year, @ATRL Username put his album on Spotify for people to stream at their leisure! When I think of when I first met him and now, I really can't help but feel proud of him! It's low-key weird that people want to brag on people who don't even know they exist, but I won't feel weird hyping my friend up a little bit and telling everyone to STREAM SEDENTARIA NOW!! ??

(oh and I remixed one of the songs on the album, In Your Arms, but this is about the original album not me!)

Thank you for releasing a great album, for being my friend, and for making my 2021 that much better. Looking forward to you making more music in the future so I can continue being a fan!

Cravity domination oh wow!! And yess more WayV, Action Figure their best song

25 minutes ago, Hug said:

Bebe's best song?

This isn't Meant to Be

3 minutes ago, Hug said:

After Party Highlight:
SEDENTARIA by Addy

PERIOD!!!! I endorse

omg this absolutely made my day, this is so sweet :chick3: thank you so much, and yes your remix hit the slay button SO hard

OT: glad to see you are still stanning dancepop talent aka queen Cascada

yas at the CHUNG HA bother me slay 

tbElh61.gif

also love the Rita song and the Tove song. and SEDENTARIA slays, a gaymers classic album  :clap3:

Sabotage was that relatable bop :worship:

Pressure :sats: It really was overlooked and underappreciated! That beat just gets me boppin' :sats:

Still pretty new to K-Pop but I feel like I can't really get into the boy groups so far :rip: Good Time sounded decent at least.

I was gonna ask what is Cascada doing here :laugh: but you do you king!

Sacrifice was one of the few Bebe songs that I liked from her album this year. Yeah that Tove song was really ignored, i didnt even know it existed. Lemme listen tho!

Action Figure best song on WayV's mini! My Turn is a guilty pleasure and that's enough Cravity praise from me!

Everyone needs to stream @ATRL Username's masterpiece album!

Bebe randomly coming through slfjsf. The beginning of this year had quite a few eurodance revival songs, I wish it was expanded on a bit more but at least we got a few bops!

Cascada really was ahead of it's time. People love to drag their reharsh music but they never admit they lowkey bopping to their music. The power that they have :clap3:

I haven't get into Cravity's music but i have watched some of their performances and i kinda like. Mabye deep diving into their discography is one of priorities in the future :celestial5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.