Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2021 | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Spoiler
18 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

PRELUDE :heart:

3 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Easy and How Does It Feel. :alexz3:

15 hours ago, JGibson said:

Easy :heart2:

18 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

willow and the b-sides :santa: 

easy, chung ha, kai :clap3:

and the victoria monallah stanning :jonny5: she's

such a queen like. she has it all

She's the baddiest woman in the industry and she deserves so much better OMG :jonny5:

18 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Agree that folklore was better than evermore, but it's still way too low :noparty:

12 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

evermore at #60:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

Evermore doesn't do me like Folklore do but Champagne Problem is still THAT song :jonny5:

17 hours ago, OreGuy said:

the way i completely forgot evermore :deadbanana2: didnt even do one for mine nnnn but SOUR is too low :santa: and MARINA's is too high :fan:

I gave my good sis Marina some slack. She's been through it for the past 2 years :mandown:

17 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Ugh I still need to listen to peggy's new album. SG Lewis :clap: I thought the run time was JUUUUUST right!

Oh wow the Pasadena-Millionaire comparison, I see it! I get when people get Womanizer teas from Ancient Dreams, but I personally get more reminiscent of that Hey Song from school sports games nnn, absolutely love Ancient Dreams tho.

Oh yes i can see that Hey Song comparassion :deadbanana4: The idea of Marina was inspired when she randomly watched 90's NBA Finals is kinda random but it makes sense in my fantasy afhkgs 

16 hours ago, Yvess said:

yaaaaaaaaaaaasssss ABBA yaaaaaassss

this is so enjoyable omg

The LEGEND is BACK! :jonny5:

14 hours ago, D/X said:

Olivia was very much a surprise this year. :clap3:

Get You Down by Sam and How Does It Feel :party:

Truly the dark horse of this year. I'm escited what she's about to bring in her next era :clap3:

13 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Pasadena is cute, but I haven't listened since Buddy outed himself as a transphobe :rip:

F.U.C.K. and Easy are really good :jonny5:

Yes i found out a couple days ago  :deadbanana4: I'm sure the good sis would release the solo version if the demand is there.... probably

But she should've just make X as the next single so i can put it in on my 2022 Best of list

7 hours ago, Lazuli said:

evermore is kinda low but at least you didn't forget ha :emofish: marjorie as your highlight is only right

SOUR :clap3: 

prelude is kinda cute too i'm waiting for more from miss lauren

oh i didn't think about how X could've related to chungha's covid phase :chick3: 

the easy remix was nice but felt quite unnecessary tbh! 

alcohol free :clap3: unpopular opinion but it's my least favourite title track from them since yes or yes :mandown: 

Well since Taste Of Love has 10/10 b-sides, Alcohol Free sounds like the rotten tomato on the mini :gaycat6:

5 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Evermore is a bit too low :fan: 

omg, finally some love for Pasadena, I know everyone praised Bouncin, but Pasadena is superior for me :jonny5: 

Easy Remix :heart2: 

Both Bouncin & Pasadena ar 10/10 and it feels like the later is very underrated. She really understood the assignment by inspired by the queen Kelis :clap3:

5 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

eversnore cute, but it's just weaker folklore

times YES! :alexz: Perfect top 3 from it too :clap3:

Kai and Key both DEVOURED :WAP:

Pasadena, X and Alcohol Free both cute, but not my biggest favorites

Perfume is so... idk like I stanned Yubin by default since I love Wonder Girls, I was absolutely destroyed by the perfection that Lady was and then it all went downfall quickly. #TUSM mini was still cute, but Me Time was horrible and Perfume is so odd, the production seems okeyish but vocals are horrible. Eung Eung washed.

Easy Remix perfection

Yubin does has ups and downs when it comes to singles. I feel like she's in a weird situation where she's been delivering great 80's snyth-pop bops before the genre become the hit trend again right now but at the same time she wants keep that same sounds but make interesing

But either way, i'm still roothing for my flop sis. If she decided to go back to city pop again like Lady, it would be a dream come true :jonny5:

2 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

the Rebecca and WJSN singles are cute :flower:

Poppy is WAY too low, she really snapped on that album :jonny5:

favorite was an okay album, I liked a few songs but it was underwhelming overall and definitely not better than TXT :fan: 

Willow, Sleigh Bells and Maggie had great releases this year :clap3: Next Level deserved to be top 10 but hopefully they have other songs on the list :-*

Sunmi, Mitski, Olivia, Chungha, Twice and Willow's songs were really good :jonny2: evermore is too low but I agree with the standouts

Honestly i want to insert Poppy's NXT soundtrack EP higher on the list but i totally forget to include it on my final list  :deadbanana4:

Lowkey agree though that TXT delivers better music but i'm a bit of a Sheep when it comes to BG and male artists in general  :mandown: But at least no other BG would sing as shitty as Sticker though oop

Oh wow it's about to enter top 40 already. Thank you all for all of your posts:heart:

Also don't forget to anticipate the comeback of one of the most legendaric K-pop Girl Group Apink on February 2022 by listening to these masterpieces :gaycat2:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Tinashegrande6

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

qvBEes7.png

Efsw8tV.png

50. El Madrileño - C. Tangana

c-tangana-el-madrileno-Cover-Art.jpg

(February 26, 2021)

I listen to this album out of curiosity (and the album cover looks good too) and It is such an amazing album. The production is superb and the mixing is so well-done too. Kinda reminds me of Kanye-production on some parts. Even though i can't understand spanish but every tracks feels like a standout for me

Top 3: Ingobernable, Tú me dejaste de querer & Los tontos

Spotify // Apple Music // Youtube

49. Something for Thee Hotties - Megan Thee Stallion

megan-thee-stallion-something-for-thee-hotties-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 29, 2021)

A mixtape full of freestyles and throwaways is surprisingly the best project in her discography, a really pleasant surprise on my part

I really like her previous projects 'Tina Snow', 'Fever' and her debut album 'Good News' but this mixtape shows she being herself with amazing, super entertaining flows, potent beats, HILARIOUS lines and everything that makes her my favorite rapper currently

Megan rapping about roasting her haters and threatens by sending them to the gulag on Tuned In Freestyle is literally best moment in history. Honesty Rupi Kaur would never

Top 3: Thot Shit, Megan Monday Freestyle, Kitty Kat

48. Unlimited Ammo - Namasenda

namasenda-unlimited-ammo-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 28, 2021)

Namasenda captured all the best parts of hyperpop genre, futuristic, punchy and fun!

While her debut album still hasn't arrived, but This mixtape gives The strong impression her with a fresh start of new ideas for PC Music. Most of the first half of the mixtape are pretty strong for me and this project can be put on the same table with A. G. Cook solo music, Charli XCX hyperpop era albums and Hannah Diamond's album

The way A. G. Cook collecting these hyperpop girls ike Jack Anthonoff with alt-girls

Top 3: Banana Clip, Shots Fired & Clouds

47. MONTERO - Lil Nas X

lil-nas-x-montero-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 17, 2021)

What a fun, infectious pop rap debut album in a while :clap3:

It was clear early on that Lil Nas X was more than just the guy who made Old Town Road, and by now he's done such a good job building his career and now he can associate himself as being Main Pop Boys. The production on this album is colorful. LNS incorporates a lot of trends, from modern trap to pop to even pop rock

While this album is far from being perfect, It's a solid project and it's a very fun one at that. I can't wait he's abut to offer on his next era

Top 3: Montero (Call Me by Your Name), Sun Goes Down & Industry Baby

46. Still Over It - Summer Walker

summer-walker-still-over-it-Cover-Art.png

(November 5, 2021)

Summer Walker is back and given us yet another strong set of sexy & insightful relationship jams. I feel like the strengths on the album are where Summer is on her own. I kinda agree that It feels repetitive at times and most of the beats are fantastic, and the album is almost unskipable for me. Overall its a as straightforward as R&B album can get and works for its target audience

Top 3: Throw It Away, No Love & Toxic

VnZPxK8.png

45. Planet Her - Doja Cat

doja-cat-planet-her-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 25, 2021)

Doja is on her Pink Friday: Roman Reloded era iktr :jonny5:

I know that most of people feels kinda dissapointed with Planet Her but i still like it for what it is. It's a flawed album, but has enough highlights to make up for it in terms of enjoyability. Also Doja's perfomance on this album manages to salvage this into something pretty fun

Overall this is a pretty good album for the most part, while feeling generic at points it makes up for that with good production and a consistent atmosphere, it’s also just really catchy at times

Top 3: Kiss Me More, Love to Dream & Been Like This

44. HIDE & SEEK - PURPLE KISS

%ED%8D%BC%ED%94%8C%ED%82%A4%EC%8A%A4-purple-kiss-hide-and-seek-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 8, 2021)

This EP is really cute and fun with bunch of dance-pop tracks that can lighten my mood pretty quickly :santa:

Top 3: Cast Pearls Before Swine, Zombie & So WhY

43. A Beginner's Mind - Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine

sufjan-stevens-and-angelo-de-augustine-a-beginners-mind-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 24, 2021)

This album took time to grow on me because i got a bit exhausted of his Meditations series albums that also released this year like baby, please calm down a bit :gaycat6:

But after re-listen multiple times, this album feels very emotional, beautiful, luscious, and soft. This is the best showcase of Sufjan's musical tendencies in a straight-to-the-point format and also Angelo De Augustine adds in some really lovely vocal harmonies here and there

Overall this album is easy listening, like being wrapped in some very soft, breathable bedsheets

Top 3: Olympus, Back to Oz & Murder and Crime

42. Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land - MARINA

marina-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 11, 2021)

MARINA is back with a new album after the disastrous of 2019 album 'Love + Fear'

Sonically, this album is feels like the lovechild of her debut album and her 2015 album, FROOT. Some of the tracks here are just wonderful hits you in the face with political commentary and heartbreaking ballads. I guess it can be tiring for some people but it still fun to listen to

Top 3: Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land, I Love You but I Love Me More & Venus Fly Trap

41. Heaux Tales - Jazmine Sullivan

jazmine-sullivan-heaux-tales-Cover-Art.jpg

(January 8, 2021)

Heaux Tales was definitely a much needed step in Jazmine Sullivan’s career. This EP covers themes of love, money, and power in all its forms. The features on this project also shine, with fantastic guest spots from Ari Lennox, Anderson .Paak, and H.E.R. on this project. Overall Heaux Tales serves as an immersive, ear-wormy look into the life of a young woman with a lot of wisdom to share

Top 3: Pick Up Your Feelings, Put It Down & The Other Side

kEio1ka.png

Efsw8tV.png

50. Love Again - Dua Lipa

dua-lipa-love-again-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 11, 2021)

from the album Future Nostalgia

Dua wrote & recorded Love Again has the similar energy as Leonardo Da Vinci painted Mona Lisa

I said what I said!

49. Swimming In The Stars - Britney Spears

britney-spears-swimming-in-the-stars-Cover-Art.jpg

(December 2, 2020)

from the album Glory (2020 deluxe reissue)

Is this the best song Britney ever recorded? Absolutely not

Am I biased because i miss her new music so much? Yes i am

I know that this sounds like The Chainsmokers would release back in mid-2010's but they wish they would make a song as catchy as SITS. Also Britney is finally free this year so it's already a big WIN for the legendary miss Britney Spears

#FreedBritney

48. Worst (I Assume) - Jojo

jojo-worst-i-assume-Cover-Art.jpg

(August 20, 2021)

from the EP Trying Not to Think About It

The way i listen to this song so much that this becomes my 3rd most played song on Spotify this year (JoJo is getting my coins) :clap3:

See Jesy Nelson, this is how you do R&B as a white woman without darkening your skin. Please take notes!

47. Bussifame - Dawn Richard

dawn-richard-bussifame-Cover-Art.png

(February 16, 2021)

from the album Second Line

Dawn Richard took what's left from Azealia Banks and makes it her own. Truly a legend :gaycat1:

46. Purge The Poison - MARINA

marina-purge-the-poison-Cover-Art.jpg

(April 14, 2021)

from the album Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

I know that this is just another typical MARINA's "What if humans were the real villains, you guys!!" type of songs but there's something about this that reminds me of FROOT and that's what make it a huge plus for me

Girl, that was camp

VnZPxK8.png

45. star-crossed - Kacey Musgraves

kacey-musgraves-star-crossed-Cover-Art.jpg

(August 23, 2021)

from the album Star-Crossed

I can't believe this song make me cried like a damn baby and this is just an intro :gaycat6:

"What have we dooooooone?"

"Did we fly too high just to get burned by the suuuuuuuuuuun?"

YES BITCH YOU BETTER SING!

44. NDA - Billie Eilish

billie-eilish-nda-Cover-Art.jpg

(July 9, 2021)

from the album Happier Than Ever

THIS is kind of weird and experimental pop is what Billie should be making. Kanye who?

43. Paprika - Japanese Breakfast

japanese-breakfast-jubilee-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 27, 2021)

from the album Jubilee

What an underrated marching band anthems

42. Todo De Ti - Rauw Alejandro

rauw-alejandro-todo-de-ti-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 20, 2021)

from the album Vice Versa

This is a fucking BANGER!

Like Ozuna but on some 80s drug and synths. Oh wait who am i kidding, Rauw Alejandro is miles better than Ozuna :cm:

41. Right on Time - Brandi Carlile

brandi-carlile-right-on-time-Cover-Art.jpg

(July 21, 2021)

from the album In These Silent Days

Truly one of the most haunting and beautiful piano rock :clap3: Brandi just does not miss

NDA is soooo good :jonny:

star-crossed is such a strong song :clap3: 

love again is one of dua's best, that intro whew 

• ATRL Moderator

WHY IS LOVE AGAIN NOT #1? :biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio:

Right on Time yass, Paprika is cute, NDA, SC masterpieces!

ADIAM is nice!

Planet Her  :worship2:

Worst + Love Again + Swimming In The Stars :heart:

Love Again + Worst (I Assume) + NDA :party:

Something for thee hotties is one of her best it's true (though the number 1 belongs to Tina Snow :mandown:).

Agreed on Summer's solo songs being where she shines (No Love and Unloyal work really well though, maybe it's the male features that are the issue).

Planet Her and Heaux Tales :clap3:

Love Again is cute but I feel like Levitating should've been the last single. 

I love Worst I Assume!

9 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

See Jesy Nelson, this is how you do R&B as a white woman without darkening your skin. Please take notes!

:deadbanana4:

So many goodies! C. Tangana, LNX, Doja, and Jazmine for albums; Dua, Billie, and JP for singles :jonnycat:

planet her :jonny: did u have to compare it to that album tho :mandown: 

you are not wrong that love again IS pop music's mona lisa! 

NDA's chorus literally turns me into this >>> :jonny5: 

paprika is SUCH a good album opener 

APINK COMEBACK YES WE ALL GAGGED :jonny5: Dumhdurum still my SOTY 2020 and no kpop song this year came close, cause they haven't released wbk

Great albums list and even better singles list :jonny:

Love Again absolutely eating nearly 2 years later, legendary!

22 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

43. Paprika - Japanese Breakfast

I love this track so much. Unique intro. :jonny:

Planet Her :clap3: 

Ancient Dreams appreciation :jonny: 

Heaux Tales should've get into top 40 :'( 

singles list is pretty perfect :jonny5: 

Love Again stays so fresh :alexz:

Worst :jonny5: one of her bests for sure

Bussifame :flame: 

omg sg lewis' album is so low. deserved higher! :'( 

sour's songs are cute, but most of my exposure to it are from the radio nnn

pasadena is a bop :clap3:

montero + planet her had some some cute moments

ancient dreams :clap3:

love again, yassss :jonny: your description tho dskfjn. you didn't lie!

Love again is certainly a bop :clap3:

LOL at comparing Swimming in the stars with The Chainsmokers that's probably wy I liked it :cm:

Spoiler
On 12/23/2021 at 7:01 AM, worldwide angel said:

NDA is soooo good :jonny:

star-crossed is such a strong song :clap3: 

love again is one of dua's best, that intro whew 

AHH my fucking faves :jonny5:

On 12/23/2021 at 7:09 AM, dreamofyou said:

so many great songs here:clap3:

ancient dreams & planet her:clap3:

On 12/23/2021 at 12:08 PM, Sempiternal said:

Planet Her  :worship2:

Worst + Love Again + Swimming In The Stars :heart:

On 12/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, JGibson said:

Love Again + Worst (I Assume) + NDA :party:

On 12/23/2021 at 9:51 PM, Pink Matter said:

So many goodies! C. Tangana, LNX, Doja, and Jazmine for albums; Dua, Billie, and JP for singles :jonnycat:

YES you better stan yall :jonny5:

On 12/23/2021 at 8:03 AM, Legend E said:

WHY IS LOVE AGAIN NOT #1? :biblio:

Right on Time yass, Paprika is cute, NDA, SC masterpieces!

ADIAM is nice!

Bacause it's already my top 3 songs from FN last year (i think) oop :mandown: I'm giving others a chance and she knows that she will always be my #1 teebz

On 12/23/2021 at 1:54 PM, D/X said:

Love Again :party: But that writeup :lmao:

Naur it's true it's true :jonny5:

On 12/23/2021 at 4:49 PM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Something for thee hotties is one of her best it's true (though the number 1 belongs to Tina Snow :mandown:).

Agreed on Summer's solo songs being where she shines (No Love and Unloyal work really well though, maybe it's the male features that are the issue).

Planet Her and Heaux Tales :clap3:

Love Again is cute but I feel like Levitating should've been the last single. 

I love Worst I Assume!

:deadbanana4:

Oh yeah maybe you're right :deadbanana4: Why men is always ruin everything nnn

On 12/23/2021 at 10:14 PM, Lazuli said:

planet her :jonny: did u have to compare it to that album tho :mandown: 

you are not wrong that love again IS pop music's mona lisa! 

NDA's chorus literally turns me into this >>> :jonny5: 

paprika is SUCH a good album opener 

oop :mandown: But honestly PFRL is more pop than Planet Her nnn

The way Bliie turns the Lost Cuase debacle and then released this masterpiece shortly after :gaycat6:

On 12/24/2021 at 12:05 AM, BlackoutZone said:

APINK COMEBACK YES WE ALL GAGGED :jonny5: Dumhdurum still my SOTY 2020 and no kpop song this year came close, cause they haven't released wbk

Great albums list and even better singles list :jonny:

Love Again absolutely eating nearly 2 years later, legendary!

The way Apink's is already in my top 10 on my 2022 list already :jonny5:

The historian will talk about the impact of Love Again on pop culture in the future iktr :clap3:

On 12/24/2021 at 5:10 AM, Sunderland 4ever said:

I love this track so much. Unique intro. :jonny:

Truly an experience :jonny5:

On 12/24/2021 at 8:06 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Planet Her :clap3: 

Ancient Dreams appreciation :jonny: 

Heaux Tales should've get into top 40 :'( 

singles list is pretty perfect :jonny5: 

Love Again stays so fresh :alexz:

Worst :jonny5: one of her bests for sure

Bussifame :flame: 

YES you better stan these massive bops :jonny5:

On 12/24/2021 at 1:01 PM, kiiwii said:

omg sg lewis' album is so low. deserved higher! :'( 

sour's songs are cute, but most of my exposure to it are from the radio nnn

pasadena is a bop :clap3:

montero + planet her had some some cute moments

ancient dreams :clap3:

love again, yassss :jonny: your description tho dskfjn. you didn't lie!

Truly a radio darling :clap3:

Love Again is such a perfect closure to the era :clap3: What a amazing pop culture event!

On 12/25/2021 at 12:58 AM, wish said:

Namasenda omg :jonny5: I love ha

NDA, Paprika :heart2:

She is so underrated :jonny5: Can't wait for her debut!

On 12/25/2021 at 1:26 AM, Mr. Loco said:

Love again is certainly a bop :clap3:

LOL at comparing Swimming in the stars with The Chainsmokers that's probably wy I liked it :cm:

lmao sometimes i forgot how Chainsmokers sounds truly affect pop music back in mid-2010s. Feels like a whiplash :gaycat6:

Thank you all for the replies :heart: I haven't been update the list because of the holidays and moving out

Merry Christmas to you who celebrate and happy holidays :gaycat1:

qvBEes7.png

8srsmRG.png

40. OK Human - Weezer

weezer-ok-human-Cover-Art.png

(January 29, 2021)

For the past years, Weezer has always been a dissapointment for me. Their 'White Album' back in 2016 is probably the last album that i enjoy from them other than their perfect albums in the 90's but sadly all of the albums post-1990s & 2016 has always been so shit. So imagine my shock that i actually like 'Ok Human' this much

The songs on this album are very catchy and have fantastic pop appeal. The orchestra in the background being the main theme of this album is so addictive and genuinely serves to add more to the songs. Every time I listen to a song on this album I end up listening to the whole thing again because every song compliments each other so smoothly

Compared to their other new stuff, 'OK Human' will stand as a solid Weezer album and the infectious orchestra arrangements make it one of their most unique albums that they ever done. And of course they have to fuck it up again by releasing 'Van Weezer' couple months later smh

Top 3: Here Comes the Rain, All My Favorite Songs, Dead Roses

39. star-crossed - Kacey Musgraves

kacey-musgraves-star-crossed-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 10, 2021)

Kacey Musgraves won't let heartbreak stop her from having a good time and also make me cry my ass eyes out alongside her. She is so cruel and i love her for that

Inspired by her divorce from her husband and muse for 'Golden Hour', 'star-crossed' takes an entirely different shape than all the rest of her work but still manages to be a strong release. this record features some very interesting experimentation of Musgraves' sound. Her brushes with R&B and psychedelia are among the most interesting moments in her career. I feel like this album resonates me just like Golden Hour did because i feel what Kacey has at some point. Love feels too good to not feel like absolute hell in the very next breath

Top 3: camera roll, star-crossed & hookup scene

38. Gold-Diggers Sound - Leon Bridges

leon-bridges-gold-diggers-sound-Cover-Art.jpg

(July 23, 2021)

I know about Leon Bridges because i randomly got into his debut album 'Coming Home' earlier this year and wow he's super underrated honestly. He has one of the best voices and his producing & songwriting skills are both good

'Gold-Diggers Sound' is surprisingly great. He manages to get his new and more pop oriented style right on the first try. Lackluster instrumentals and lyrics aside, his voice is as lovely as ever and the production here is on point. At this point in his career.

Top 3: Why Don’t You Touch Me, Sho Nuff & Sweeter

37. Queendom - Red Velvet

red-velvet-queendom-Cover-Art.jpg

(August 16, 2021)

I mean let's be real here, Queendom (song) is probably the most underwhelming comeback song from them in a while. It's cute if they released it for a second comeback of the year but from almost 2 years hiatus? nah it isn't it. I was legitimately mad that they teased 'Better Be' on their Mood Sample video thinking that it would be their comeback sing lmao

Enough of my rant for the title track, but this EP is actually really good. There is no other songs in the album that sounds similar to the title track and somehow this EP is probably their most cohesive mini album to date. Everything on here has been heard before in some form, but this time they're older, and much improved vocally. i really love the harmonizing during the chorus of 'Better Be' and the last track almost sounds like a modern take on yacht rock, which I'll take anytime over an OST ballad.

And 'Pose'? That's how you do Madonna's inspired track done right, I'm looking at you LUNA of f(x)

Top 3: Better Be, Pose & Knock on Wood

36. Ocean to Ocean - Tori Amos

tori-amos-ocean-to-ocean-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 29, 2021)

Tori Amos is back with a new album this year and sadly not all people not knowing about this, hell even i didn't know about it few weeks before i finalized my Best Of list

Sure that this album will be a major disappointment if you compare it to her 90's & early 2000's abums, but she doesn't need to prove herself the way she might have on her early records. While not earth-shattering, 'Ocean To Ocean' is far from disappointing, and a continuation of Tori's renaissance. Also i'm a bit shoked that her current vocals sounds like Kate Bush at certain point but i feel like this is just me nnn.

Top 3: Spies, Addition of Light Divided & Speaking With Trees

kEio1ka.png

8srsmRG.png

40. No Hard Feelings - Wolf Alice

wolf-alice-no-hard-feelings-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 11, 2021)

from the album Blue Weekend

The way the bass line + Ellie's sweet vocals took me to heaven and lay myself in a full of cloud field

39. Polite - Erika De Casier

erika-de-casier-polite-Cover-Art.jpg

(April 13, 2021)

from the album Sensational

This whole song vibes feels like Erika spying on her cheating husband at 2 am on vacant parking lot

38. On A Mountain - Danny L Harle

danny-l-harle-and-dj-danny-on-a-mountain-Cover-Art.jpg

(January 14, 2021)

from the album Harlecore

I just know that the rave and circuit gays would crying their eyes out when this song starts playing on the festival like, yes sis me too and I'm not even part of ya'll

37. Bouncin - Tinashe

tinashe-bouncin-Cover-Art.png

(July 9, 2021)

from the album 333

Tinashe invented R&B naur it's true it's true. This is easily one of her best singles she's ever released so far and her Trampoline dance from the MV should've been mega viral by now. No one does it like her i'm afraid

36. How Not To Drown - CHVRCHES

chvrches-how-not-to-drown-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 2, 2021)

from the album Screen Violence

Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular etc

This song is an instant standout with a massive chorus that has been stuck in my head for weeks. The guest vocal from The Cure’s Robert Smith and Lauren’s voice is perfect for this song. What a perfect duo.

I'm not even part of ya'll 

this caught me off guard, we you implying you are a dedicated ally? :alexz2: you spilled tho, On a Mountain is exactly that!

These are yet again 2 gorgeous sets, kinda can't believe we are still in lower 30s when it's giving top 15.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.