dangerousalex’s Best of 2021 | FINISHED.

Alex

57 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

ahhh we made it :santa:

MQF7gQq.gif

Summer Walker being one of the only women to deliver long albums with very few skips has remained intact with Still Over It. A complete yin yang in terms of lyrical content from her debut, Summer gets up close and personal for everyone to hear in these songs. The maturity and subject matter in the album only contribute to her ever growing evolution. Still Over It proved Summer Walker is not only one of the top dogs in R&B, but she’s here to stay for a long time.

and the Best Project of 2021 is...

Reveal hidden contents

cWNyGba.gif

Surprise! To uh, absolutely no one.

Planet Her is easily the best album of 2021 for me. The thing about a Doja Cat album is that every song eventually grows on you, and Planet Her is no different. In fact, this album was her most instant one yet. If you get it, you get it, if you don’t, you don’t! The fact the album opens with “Woman”, which contains one of her best rap verses yet, was an immediate triumph. Planet Her plays on the strengths of Doja Cat’s effortless versatility and ability to bring a song to life. I would also like to applaud the fact that she has clearly mastered blending different genres together and somehow making it cohesive for the entire album. Jumping from Afrobeat to dancehall to trap to pop to contemporary r&b, I could go on… The album genuinely doesn’t have a single song I would skip. I’ve learned to appreciate all of these songs, some more than others of course, but once again Doja Cat delivers another SOLID body of work. I’d consider it a natural progression from internet viral princess to mainstream superstar. Planet Her is one of those albums where I could see almost every song become a single. It’s no wonder TikTok went crazy over it.

oop lemme bump

:mandown:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• BlackoutZone

• dreamofyou

• TheWayWeWere

Heaux Tales and Last Year Was Weird :clap3:

Life Support had some good songs surprisingly :coffee:

Still Over It was amazing and so was 333 :jonny5:

No...what an unexpected #1 :coffee: The acclaim is deserved though

Omg the taste :heart2: To Hell With It, Life Support, 333, Heaux Tales, Still Over It, Planet GOD, and of course the collapse of the year HTE :clap3:

I really need to get into Tkay Maidza, I'm late asf with her I fear

honestly a well deserving album for #1, Planet Her really got me into Doja and it's a great album :clap3:

Congrats to Doja Cat. :celestial4:

• ATRL Moderator

#3 and #4 were better :eli:

I actually think both of these records had potential. Sadly, they fall flat in certain parts for me (they become either too samey or...not interesting at all).

Anyway, congrats on finishing :heart: 

Planet Her :jonny: congarts to Doja :alexz:  I love her, and I love most of the album, but it kinda never hits me the same way as Hot Pink did :michael: 

Us having the same Top 2 albums:jonny: (only reverses orders nnn)

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

YESSSS! well deserved #1 :worship2:

pretends to be shocked by the #1 :eli: well deserved tho! 

summer is cute too :clap3: 

Spoiler
On 12/23/2021 at 6:07 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Summer's album was great, I didn't expect it to like it since I wasn't really into Over It, but it turned out to be much better. Great highlights, especially Insane :clap3: 

#1 could not be any other :santa:

great coutdowns overall :alexz3:

ahhh right I was really nervous where she was going after Ex for a Reason but she delivered another amazing cohesive album :WAP:

#1, who else indeed? :santa:

On 12/23/2021 at 7:12 PM, dreamofyou said:

that #1 is so surprising!! jk but i really need to try and get into it (yuh) again, i feel like im missing out

I really hope you give it another try! I’m sure some tracks will grow on you like they did for me :katie2:

On 12/23/2021 at 7:52 PM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Still Over It was amazing and so was 333 :jonny5:

No...what an unexpected #1 :coffee: The acclaim is deserved though

exactly bestie :clap3:

On 12/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, wish said:

Omg the taste :heart2: To Hell With It, Life Support, 333, Heaux Tales, Still Over It, Planet GOD, and of course the collapse of the year HTE :clap3:

I really need to get into Tkay Maidza, I'm late asf with her I fear

100% taste iktrrrr

and yes you do she’s amazing! :heart:

On 12/23/2021 at 11:06 PM, Moonlightbae said:

honestly a well deserving album for #1, Planet Her really got me into Doja and it's a great album :clap3:

Exactlyyy and if someone is going to give Doja her respected dues, it’s going to be me! :coffee:

On 12/23/2021 at 11:18 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Congrats to Doja Cat. :celestial4:

:heart:

On 12/24/2021 at 1:46 AM, Legend E said:

#3 and #4 were better :eli:

I actually think both of these records had potential. Sadly, they fall flat in certain parts for me (they become either too samey or...not interesting at all).

Anyway, congrats on finishing :heart: 

das an interesting opinion! I don’t think I can agree with you there :mandown:

I can see what you’re getting at though if some tracks didn’t click with you.

Thanks for following the countdown :heart:

On 12/24/2021 at 1:57 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Planet Her :jonny: congarts to Doja :alexz:  I love her, and I love most of the album, but it kinda never hits me the same way as Hot Pink did :michael: 

Agreed, I think she wanted to make a more mainstream and professional album for Planet Her just so she can secure a fanbase. Doesn’t mean the quality of the music has gone down in any way but the pure chaos of Hot Pink clearly isn’t in Planet Her :matty:

On 12/24/2021 at 6:00 AM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Us having the same Top 2 albums:jonny: (only reverses orders nnn)

our joint slay. :jonnycat:

6 hours ago, Lazuli said:

pretends to be shocked by the #1 :eli: well deserved tho! 

summer is cute too :clap3: 

likeeee idk who else it could’ve been for meee personally :eli: 

thank you all once again for tuning in!

Happy holidays / merry christmas :heart:

Doja at #1?! Completely shocked! No but seriously, I quite enjoyed it myself and like you said, most all the songs on the album eventually grows on you. Great choice and overall great countdown sis :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.