• TalkThatRihanna

• Reverse Warholian

• TheWayWeWere

• Lazuli

2 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Gross.

Me when I see this on your Best Of list :ahh:

8 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Honestly, I tried coming up with 10 of my favorite album for the year and... I couldn’t :rip: This year was just a letdown. So I guess I’ll list some albums I enjoyed? I did have a clear #1 and #2 tho :fan: 

I’ll be listing my favorite 5 songs, and my least favorite 3 songs.

Favorite (?) Albums Of 2021

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

I mean the album isn’t amazing, but it’s better than I thought it would be! The opening is so iconic with the way it just takes you by surprise. Sadly, there are some really boring ballads on here nn

Best Tracks:

Deja Vu
Traitor

Brutal

Jealousy x2

Hope ur ok

Worst Tracks:

enough for you

1 step forward, 3 steps back

Happier

Adele - 30

It was better than I thought, so let’s celebrate that! As a whole it’s cohesive and tells a story. There some really great throwback moments on here which I live for but also quite a few fillers. Also the upbeat tracks are just awful. Now that I’m thinking about it, it’s hard for me to even pick 5 favorites :deadbanana:

Best Tracks:

To Be Loved

Love is a Game

Strangers By Nature

EZ on Me

Cry Your Heart Out

Worst Tracks:

Can I Get It

Hold On

Woman Like Me

Justin Bieber - Justice

I don’t use this as an album, but rather as a collection of some bops :fan: It’s 100x better than Changes, but still not near the pop perfection of Purpose. I guess we can thank Jon Bellion for some of the bops

Best Tracks:

Deserve You

Hold On

Peaches

Ghost 

Anyone

Worst Tracks:

MLK Interlude (the disrespect :deadbanana:)

Love You Different

Lonely

Billie Eilish- Happier Than Ever

Ms. Eilish did not disappoint on her sophomore album :heart: She sounds grown, and I’m happy she didn’t repeat her debut sound entirely. But again, there are too many boring fillers on here for me to actually enjoy a full sit through. Luckily, the highs of this album far outweighs the snoozes :jonny6:

Best Tracks:

Billie Bossa Nova

Getting Older

Happier Than Ever

NDA

My future

Worst Tracks:

Goldwing

Everybody Dies
Male Fantasy

——-

OKAY, now that that’s out of the way... Top 3 Albums of the year :fan: 

3. Alessia Cara - In The Meantime

I’ve never been a fan of her but I really loved this album :jonny6: It has amazing vibes on it and she finally found her sound. The pop/alternative, synth-pop and throwback sound really suits her voice. Too bad her best work is her biggest flop :rip:   

Best Tracks:

You Let Me Down

Find My Boy

Apartment Song

Bluebird

I Miss You, Don’t Call Me

Worst Tracks:

Best Days

Clockwork

Fishbowl

2. Doja Cat - Planet Her

Doja came out SWINGING with this album :jonny6: Such a step up from Hot Pink which also was amazing! The amount of bops on here :WAP: The singing, the rapping, the animated voices, the TALENT! Nuff said

Best Tracks:

Kiss Me More

Need To Know

Woman

Love to Dream

Get Into It Yuh

Worst Tracks:

Been Like This

Options
Alone

AND THE #1 ALBUM OF  2021:

1. Summer Walker - Still Over It

Easily my favorite, and the BEST album of the year :clap3: The way Summer made an instant classic as a follow up to an already amazing Debut :jonnycat: The album has so many tracks but yet the only filler are the interludes :jonny6: I can play this album in order or in shuffle, and it is just an amazing listen. The lyrics, the harmonies, the melodies, the adlibs...No I don’t think you understand, I’m obsessed :jonny6: 

Best Tracks:

4th Baby Mama

Dat Right There

No Love

Throw It Away

Toxic

Worst Tracks:

Unloyal

Screwin

Ciara’s Prayer

See y’all in the next day or so for the final update: Top 10 Worst Albums of 2021 :fan: 

Bump :fan: 

14 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Bump :fan: 

No Hall C, NO LIST :dies:

Love To Dream + Brutal :clownny:

Planet Her, In The Meantime, Happier Than Ever, 30 and SOUR :heart2:

I've seen Still Over it in so many lists that I might have to check her out.

but other than that I love all the other albums a lot :clap3:

maybe you can find some albums you missed through the Best Of section :heart2:

no not justice sis :biblionny:

sour, 30, hte and planet her tho :katie2: 

summer walker is cute! 

Old Bops~ Damaged ayyy :sats: Daydreamer is lovely, I actually rediscovered it this year after ignoring it for quite a while. || Albums~ Hmmm this list features 1 person I hate (B**ber) and several artists I've tried out but can't get into :gaycat3: "I guess we can thank Jon Bellion for some of the bops" okay stan Jon!!! Alessia's album was fine, she featured too many fillers once again... most of my faves aren't present on either of your lists :fan: Happier Than Ever (album) could've been stronger overall, dsam & WWAFA easily washed for me. Male Fantasy in your worst tracks oh wow oh WOW. 30 was good! Cry Your Heart Out and Can I Get It should've switched places kiii

Planet Her :clap3: I wouldn't say it's a step-up from Hot Masterpiece :fan: 

HTE :clap3:

30 has sich a big highlights, but lows are pretty bad

SOUR :clap3: 

Like the best albums picks! Didn't expect the one, but it was surprisingly good :alexz3:

Spoiler
On 12/24/2021 at 12:12 AM, Reverse Warholian said:

No Hall C, NO LIST :dies:

No C-Listers allowed! Sorry 

On 12/24/2021 at 5:20 AM, dreamofyou said:

in the meantime top 3 serve - worst track best days though? n e wayz

I like the verses of Best Days, but the chorus is boring imo

On 12/24/2021 at 5:31 AM, Sempiternal said:

Love To Dream + Brutal :clownny:

Bop & bop :jonnycat:

On 12/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Planet Her, In The Meantime, Happier Than Ever, 30 and SOUR :heart2:

Taste sis :heart:

On 12/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, wish said:

Summer chewed. :jonny: 

And you should get into Options & Alone, they’re so good, the latter is a grower!

Yeah I don’t hate them! But they’re just my least favs on this amazing album

On 12/24/2021 at 5:07 PM, Moonlightbae said:

I've seen Still Over it in so many lists that I might have to check her out.

but other than that I love all the other albums a lot :clap3:

maybe you can find some albums you missed through the Best Of section :heart2:

Get into SOI sis :jonnycat: All R&B lovers will be obsessed

And yes, I’m gonna try to find some better albums on other lists :heart:

20 hours ago, Lazuli said:

no not justice sis :biblionny:

sour, 30, hte and planet her tho :katie2: 

summer walker is cute! 

I knew I’d get some kiis for Justice :lmao:

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

Old Bops~ Damaged ayyy :sats: Daydreamer is lovely, I actually rediscovered it this year after ignoring it for quite a while. || Albums~ Hmmm this list features 1 person I hate (B**ber) and several artists I've tried out but can't get into :gaycat3: "I guess we can thank Jon Bellion for some of the bops" okay stan Jon!!! Alessia's album was fine, she featured too many fillers once again... most of my faves aren't present on either of your lists :fan: Happier Than Ever (album) could've been stronger overall, dsam & WWAFA easily washed for me. Male Fantasy in your worst tracks oh wow oh WOW. 30 was good! Cry Your Heart Out and Can I Get It should've switched places kiii

We need new music from Jon! Curious to see your Top Album list 

12 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Planet Her :clap3: I wouldn't say it's a step-up from Hot Masterpiece :fan: 

HTE :clap3:

30 has sich a big highlights, but lows are pretty bad

SOUR :clap3: 

Hot Pink was amazing as well! Yeah the lows of 30 are... :rip:

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Like the best albums picks! Didn't expect the one, but it was surprisingly good :alexz3:

Thank you sis :heart: Always happy to see Summer getting all this love

Disclaimer: My Top 10 Worst Albums of 2021 will be based on albums that were very disappointing to me, and just bad in general. I’ll be listing the Top 3 best/least bad songs and the Top 5 Worst songs :fan:

TOP 10 WORST Albums Of 2021 

#10-6

10. Maroon 5 - JORDI

Unlike the majority of ATRL, I actually love M5’s pop stuff (V and Overexposed especially :WAP:). But unfortunately this album is just generic pop done wrong :devil: The hooks aren’t catchy, the production is not interesting and the collaborations were wasted. I guess they really need Benny Blanco & Cirkut back 

Best Tracks:

Beautiful Mistakes

Lost

Convince Me Otherwise

Worst Tracks:

Echo

Can’t Leave You Alone

Remedy

Memories Remix

Seasons

9. Roddy Ricch  - Live Life Fast

This was so disappointing for me :monkey: I thought we’d get melodic rap perfection like his first album (which was actually on my Top 10 favorite albums last year). This album is nothing like that tbh. It’s generic rap and it lacks the soul and emotion that his debut had. 

Best Tracks:

Late At Night

Thailand

All good

Worst Tracks:

Paid my dues

moved to miami

More than a trend

Don’t i

No way

8. H.E.R. - Back of my Mind

My god does this album drag :rip: Unlike ATRL, I was actually looking forward to this industry plant’s album since I loved Damage. Unfortunately the full project is lengthy boring and lacks emotion. She is leagues behind SZA & Summer Walker in the R&B lane  

Best Tracks:

Damage 

Come Through

We Made It

Worst Tracks:

Trauma

Lucky

Cheat Code

Find a Way

Bloody Waters

7. Imagine Dragons - Mercury Act 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Act 2 was CANCELLED after this critically and commercially panned project. Dan’s voice is great as usual but the songs are just bad. My have the mighty fallen :rip: 

Best Tracks:

Follow You

Giants

Wrecked

Worst Tracks:

Monday

Dull Knives

Cutthroat

One Day

Lonely

6. BeBe Rexha - Better Mistakes

This album just shows that BeBe will forever remain a flop and will forever be lost artistically :) Sacrifice is by far the best song on here, and nothing on this demo album has any songs sonically similar. Instead, this album is full of guitar and grating vocals.  And the lyrics are beyond cheesy and childish. Ex: “Oh, I wanna trust, then I wanna fall, tell me that you’ll catch me when I trust fall:bibliahh:

Best Tracks

Sacrifice

Break My Heart Myself

Death Row

Worst Tracks:

Trust Fall

Sabotage

My Dear Love

Amore

On the Go

Stay chuned for the Top 5 :fan:

All these albums are pretty bad.

Didn't Bebe literally tell fans in M&G she hated a song demo they played for the fans and then the song ended up on Better Mistakes :rip:

I actually do like Trust Fall tho, I would switch it with Break My Heart Myself because it sounds like a Gabbi Hanna song :rip:

Better mistakes i really enjoyed :weeps:

Imagine dragons and maroon 5 definitely went downhill. 

maroon 5 and imagine dragons have really gradually descended into the gutter with every album they release 

I'm a bit lateee so let me catch upT

Hold On and Bad Habits ewwww I was gonna do a top 10 worst songs list and they're on it :deadbanana4:

Period @ Leave Before You Love Me and the Doja choices tho!

It has been really rough watching Maroon 5 & Imagine Dragons become shells of who they once were... JORDI was really a mess and so forgettable from the jump, at least that flop Red Pill Blues had SOME cute moments. I liked parts of Mercury Act 1 but I was really hoping they'd go back to dropping quality after Origins disappointed. Dull Knives, Cutthroat & Lonely in your worst tracks... those are some of my favorites!

We need new music from Jon!

Right! Well he dropped that one single with Burna Boy this year but it didn't give me what I needed :mandown: Then he went silent right after that so it could've just be a droplet anyway...

Agree that Jordi was a bit dissapointing and probably their worse, but not really a bad album

i missed Jordi release at all :deadbanana2:

I can't believe Bebe aborted this album after Slayfice :rip: deserved flop

The blatant acknowledgment of H.E.R. being an industry plant :hoetenks:

Maroon 5 have been trash since 10 years ago, so :cm:

And I stopped listening to Imagine Dragons after their first album but their latest singles have been truly bad compared to their previous releases.

20 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

7. Imagine Dragons - Mercury Act 1

I didn't even know they released an album, lmfao. I thought for sure they'd serve some stability after EVOLVE served mega comeback smash but they just fell even harder after that, nnnn.

Anyway if you even THINK about placing IICHLIWP in your Worst 5...

kGrK4Ht.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.