• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TalkThatRihanna

• Reverse Warholian

• TheWayWeWere

• Lazuli

20 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Disclaimer: My Top 10 Worst Albums of 2021 will be based on albums that were very disappointing to me, and just bad in general. I’ll be listing the Top 3 best/least bad songs and the Top 5 Worst songs :fan:

TOP 10 WORST Albums Of 2021 

#10-6

10. Maroon 5 - JORDI

Unlike the majority of ATRL, I actually love M5’s pop stuff (V and Overexposed especially :WAP:). But unfortunately this album is just generic pop done wrong :devil: The hooks aren’t catchy, the production is not interesting and the collaborations were wasted. I guess they really need Benny Blanco & Cirkut back 

Best Tracks:

Beautiful Mistakes

Lost

Convince Me Otherwise

Worst Tracks:

Echo

Can’t Leave You Alone

Remedy

Memories Remix

Seasons

9. Roddy Ricch  - Live Life Fast

This was so disappointing for me :monkey: I thought we’d get melodic rap perfection like his first album (which was actually on my Top 10 favorite albums last year). This album is nothing like that tbh. It’s generic rap and it lacks the soul and emotion that his debut had. 

Best Tracks:

Late At Night

Thailand

All good

Worst Tracks:

Paid my dues

moved to miami

More than a trend

Don’t i

No way

8. H.E.R. - Back of my Mind

My god does this album drag :rip: Unlike ATRL, I was actually looking forward to this industry plant’s album since I loved Damage. Unfortunately the full project is lengthy boring and lacks emotion. She is leagues behind SZA & Summer Walker in the R&B lane  

Best Tracks:

Damage 

Come Through

We Made It

Worst Tracks:

Trauma

Lucky

Cheat Code

Find a Way

Bloody Waters

7. Imagine Dragons - Mercury Act 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Act 2 was CANCELLED after this critically and commercially panned project. Dan’s voice is great as usual but the songs are just bad. My have the mighty fallen :rip: 

Best Tracks:

Follow You

Giants

Wrecked

Worst Tracks:

Monday

Dull Knives

Cutthroat

One Day

Lonely

6. BeBe Rexha - Better Mistakes

This album just shows that BeBe will forever remain a flop and will forever be lost artistically :) Sacrifice is by far the best song on here, and nothing on this demo album has any songs sonically similar. Instead, this album is full of guitar and grating vocals.  And the lyrics are beyond cheesy and childish. Ex: “Oh, I wanna trust, then I wanna fall, tell me that you’ll catch me when I trust fall:bibliahh:

Best Tracks

Sacrifice

Break My Heart Myself

Death Row

Worst Tracks:

Trust Fall

Sabotage

My Dear Love

Amore

On the Go

Stay chuned for the Top 5 :fan:

Bump for the new page :date:

To me, Maroon 5 stopped existing in 2011. :dies:

Thanks everyone for the comments :heart:

Spoiler
22 hours ago, witness1.3 said:

All these albums are pretty bad.

Didn't Bebe literally tell fans in M&G she hated a song demo they played for the fans and then the song ended up on Better Mistakes :rip:

I actually do like Trust Fall tho, I would switch it with Break My Heart Myself because it sounds like a Gabbi Hanna song :rip:

LMAO did that really happen :rip:

19 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Better mistakes i really enjoyed :weeps:

Imagine dragons and maroon 5 definitely went downhill. 

Imagine Dragons is truly in the pits I fear!

14 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

better mistakes:monkey:

I knew this would be some people’s favorites nnn

9 hours ago, Lazuli said:

maroon 5 and imagine dragons have really gradually descended into the gutter with every album they release 

Tea about imagine dragons. Hopefully M5 will rise next project!

8 hours ago, Post Malone said:

I'm a bit lateee so let me catch upT

Hold On and Bad Habits ewwww I was gonna do a top 10 worst songs list and they're on it :deadbanana4:

Period @ Leave Before You Love Me and the Doja choices tho!

We’ve BEEN waiting for your Best Of list king :heart:

5 hours ago, Remmy said:

It has been really rough watching Maroon 5 & Imagine Dragons become shells of who they once were... JORDI was really a mess and so forgettable from the jump, at least that flop Red Pill Blues had SOME cute moments. I liked parts of Mercury Act 1 but I was really hoping they'd go back to dropping quality after Origins disappointed. Dull Knives, Cutthroat & Lonely in your worst tracks... those are some of my favorites!

Right! Well he dropped that one single with Burna Boy this year but it didn't give me what I needed :mandown: Then he went silent right after that so it could've just be a droplet anyway...

All the ID & M5 draggings :bibliahh:I actually root for M5 so hopefully the next project is better

5 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Agree that Jordi was a bit dissapointing and probably their worse, but not really a bad album

Yeah it’s not that horrible, but I put it on her because of the disappointment I had

5 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

i missed Jordi release at all :deadbanana2:

I can't believe Bebe aborted this album after Slayfice :rip: deserved flop

She really did deserve to flop :clap:

2 hours ago, D/X said:

The blatant acknowledgment of H.E.R. being an industry plant :hoetenks:

Maroon 5 have been trash since 10 years ago, so :cm:

And I stopped listening to Imagine Dragons after their first album but their latest singles have been truly bad compared to their previous releases.

Don’t waste your time on boring dragons. They were left in the 10s :fan:

2 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I didn't even know they released an album, lmfao. I thought for sure they'd serve some stability after EVOLVE served mega comeback smash but they just fell even harder after that, nnnn.

Anyway if you even THINK about placing IICHLIWP in your Worst 5...

kGrK4Ht.gif

Sis I didn’t hate IICHL that much :gaycat2: I can acknowledge that it’s cohesive and is good music. But for me, it is NOT what I wanted from her/them

2 hours ago, Moonlightbae said:

you're wrong for Better Mistakes :gaycat6:

didn't check the rest but I believe you they deserve it :mandown:

I knew I’d get some draggings for BeBe :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

:deadbanana:

FINAL UPDATE!

I’ll be listing the Top 3 best/least bad songs and the Top 5 Worst songs :fan:

TOP 5 WORST ALBUMS OF 2021

5. Coldplay - Music of the Spheres

Imagine having one of the best and biggest producers EVER as a co-producer on your album, and the result is underwhelming trash. Well imagine no more! Lately, Max’s work has not been IT. The melodies are lacking, the production are The Weeknd rejects, and the vocals are nothing special.

Best Tracks:

Higher Power

My Universe

Humankind

Worst Tracks:

Buityful

Let Somebody Go

Coloratura

People of the Pride

All those interludes :rip:

4. Sia  - Music

The way I was so close to stanning her back in 2016 :clownny: Thank God I didn’t! I don’t care if this album was for a musical/movie, it is god awful. I don’t know what she was trying to do with it. The pop songs on here are dated and just simply bad. The way she had the AUDACITY to pitch “Hey Flop” to Rihanna :bibliahh:  

Best Tracks:

Together

Saved My Life

Floating Through Space

Worst Tracks:

Hey Boy

Hey Boy f/ Burna Boy

Music

1+1

Miracle

3. Iggy Azalea - The End of an Era

Another horrible album from Iggy! Thank the Lord she’s (supposedly) retiring after this. Ever since Team, her work has just gone down the drain. She always comes up with amazing album titles & covers, yet the music itself has nothing nothing to do with the aesthetic and is just horrible, unlistenable, and nothing of substance.

Best Tracks:

Day 3 in Miami

Worst Tracks:

Tracks 1-13

2. DJ Khaled - KHALED KHALED

I mean we didn’t expect this to be good, but it’s just as bad as we thought. Even the Post Malone feature sucks.

Best Tracks:

Worst Tracks:

Literally the entire album

THE WORST ALBUM OF 2021:

1. Lorde - Solar Power

And we have come to the WORST album of 2021! Congratulations Lorde, you made a project that was both a critical and commercial FAILURE! Pure Heroine was a filler-free, perfect album (one of my favorites of the last decade) and Melodrama was also good (although overrated). But THIS? She really tried to replicate Lana’s NFR and failed horribly. I can’t even get through a full listen of this album. Boring production from atantanOFF, horrible vocals, don’t care for her lyrics, and awful melodies. Mood Ring is the only listenable song on this trash

Best Tracks

Mood Ring

Worst Tracks:

The rest of the album

That wraps up all my lists! Thanks everyone for checking them out :heart: Hopefully my faves (Rihanna, Ariana, SZA, Post Malone, The Weeknd..etc) will give us an amazing 2022. I’ll still be checking out all of your lists :heart2:

54 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

FINAL UPDATE!

Imagine having one of the best and biggest producers EVER as a co-producer on your album, and the result is underwhelming trash. Well imagine no more! Lately, Max’s work has not been IT. The melodies are lacking, the production are The Weeknd rejects, and the vocals are nothing special.

Best Tracks:

Higher Power

My Universe

Humankind

Worst Tracks:

Buityful

Let Somebody Go

Coloratura

People of the Pride

4. Sia  - Music

The way I was so close to stanning her back in 2016 :clownny: Thank God I didn’t! I don’t care if this album was for a musical/movie, it is god awful. I don’t know what she was trying to do with it. The pop songs on here are dated and just simply bad. The way she had the AUDACITY to pitch “Hey Flop” to Rihanna :bibliahh:  

Best Tracks:

Together

Saved My Life

Floating Through Space

Worst Tracks:

Hey Boy

Hey Boy f/ Burna Boy

Music

1+1

Miracle

Another horrible album from Iggy! Thank the Lord she’s (supposedly) retiring after this. Ever since Team, her work has just gone down the drain. She always comes up with amazing album titles & covers, yet the music itself has nothing nothing to do with the aesthetic and is just horrible, unlistenable, and nothing of substance.

Best Tracks:

Day 3 in Miami

Worst Tracks:

Tracks 1-13

I mean we didn’t expect this to be good, but it’s just as bad as we thought. Even the Post Malone feature sucks.

Best Tracks:

Worst Tracks:

THE WORST ALBUM OF 2021:

1. Lorde - Solar Power

And we have come to the WORST album of 2021! Congratulations Lorde, you made a project that was both a critical and commercial FAILURE! Pure Heroine was a filler-free, perfect album (one of my favorites of the last decade) and Melodrama was also good (although overrated). But THIS? She really tried to replicate Lana’s NFR and failed horribly. I can’t even get through a full listen of this album. Boring production from atantanOFF, horrible vocals, don’t care for her lyrics, and awful melodies. Mood Ring is the only listenable song on this trash

Best Tracks

Mood Ring

Worst Tracks:

The rest of the album

That wraps up all my lists! Thanks everyone for checking them out :heart: Hopefully my faves (Rihanna, Ariana, SZA, Post Malone, The Weeknd..etc) will give us an amazing 2022. I’ll still be checking out all of your lists :heart2:

You DRAGGED. I hate all of these sfm :jonny4:

3 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I legit was a big fan of theirs from 07-13, V was their first album that really disappointed me but I was still a fan, I really started to back away from claiming during RPB but still bopped, but by 19 w/ Memories and the Superbowl I fully checked out. :rip: 

Didn't think Iggy's album was bad or anything but I don't care about it enough so whatever :cm: Never bothered with Music... heard a bit of Hey Boy before and it was embarrassing. Only checked out Music of the Spheres because the Twitter snippets they posted sounded nice, then the full tracks underwhelmed me. Your 3 best songs are my 3 favorites ayyy :sats: The interludes were truly useless YUP! Solar Power is too overhated and I'll never stop saying this :celestial5:

coldplay, yet another band going down the gutter...

dj khaled #1 worst album of 2021? haven't listened to the album to know it deserves! 

nnnnnnnnnn nawt Solar Power :rip: 

Music and Music of the Spheres are okay choices for this list :eli: 

nnn I didn't know Sia tried to send Hey Boy to Rih :deadbanana4:

Let Somebody go is such a beautiful track, can't believe you placed it among the worse tracks of the album :noparty:

Mood ring is the only song I've heard from Lorde this era, I guess it'll stay like that :eli:

poor Lorde :skull: 

I enjoyed that album to be honest.

praying 2022 is gonna be a good year for music :heart2:

On 12/26/2021 at 8:08 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

THE WORST ALBUM OF 2021:

1. Lorde - Solar Power

Couldn't agree more :eddie:

On 12/26/2021 at 9:03 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

You DRAGGED. I hate all of these sfm :jonny4:

Love when our mutual hate aligns :heart:

On 12/26/2021 at 9:33 PM, MusicTalker said:

I legit was a big fan of theirs from 07-13, V was their first album that really disappointed me but I was still a fan, I really started to back away from claiming during RPB but still bopped, but by 19 w/ Memories and the Superbowl I fully checked out. :rip: 

V was pop perfection imo and RPB was a step down. Jordi was even worse than RPB

On 12/27/2021 at 2:13 AM, Remmy said:

Didn't think Iggy's album was bad or anything but I don't care about it enough so whatever :cm: Never bothered with Music... heard a bit of Hey Boy before and it was embarrassing. Only checked out Music of the Spheres because the Twitter snippets they posted sounded nice, then the full tracks underwhelmed me. Your 3 best songs are my 3 favorites ayyy :sats: The interludes were truly useless YUP! Solar Power is too overhated and I'll never stop saying this :celestial5:

Hey Boy the worst song of the year :fan:

On 12/27/2021 at 4:17 AM, rvx said:

Coldplay :chick3:

I wish they served harder tbh

On 12/27/2021 at 5:21 AM, dreamofyou said:

naur not the solar power drag:monkey: the way i'm rare solar power stan

There’s actually quite a few solar power stans I’m quoting!

On 12/27/2021 at 7:52 AM, Lazuli said:

coldplay, yet another band going down the gutter...

dj khaled #1 worst album of 2021? haven't listened to the album to know it deserves! 

Actually Lorde was #1 worst album, but Ms Khaled was close!

On 12/27/2021 at 9:59 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

nnnnnnnnnn nawt Solar Power :rip: 

Music and Music of the Spheres are okay choices for this list :eli: 

nnn I didn't know Sia tried to send Hey Boy to Rih :deadbanana4:

As if Rih would even think about recording that :deadbanana: 

On 12/27/2021 at 10:40 AM, Post Malone said:

Worst Tracks:

I--- the SKULL drag

kwzT1Mq.gif

Is this Julia Michaels in the gif :deadvision:

On 12/27/2021 at 12:50 PM, Mr. Loco said:

Let Somebody go is such a beautiful track, can't believe you placed it among the worse tracks of the album :noparty:

Mood ring is the only song I've heard from Lorde this era, I guess it'll stay like that :eli:

I actually re-listened to it, and it’s not as bad as I remember! Mood Ring is the only good song, don’t listen to the rest of that trash album

22 hours ago, Moonlightbae said:

poor Lorde :skull: 

I enjoyed that album to be honest.

praying 2022 is gonna be a good year for music :heart2:

Hopefully 2022 is better than 2020 tbh. Music Wise, 2021 was underwhelming for me 

15 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Couldn't agree more :eddie:

Our taste :heart2:

oh wow..i forgot to listen to IGGY AZALEA's farewell alberm..... oh no :jonny:

but great thing it is perceived worst by a lot of ppl :ahh: 

Edited by Yvess

Jordi was horrible, Convince Me Otherwise was the only good song :mandown:

agree with Coldplay, Lorde, Iggy, Imagine Dragons and HER, they were all bad or mid albums :fan:

Bebe's was surprisingly okay but still not great nnn

On 12/29/2021 at 5:36 AM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Actually Lorde was #1 worst album, but Ms Khaled was close!

wdym? i see khaled at #1 and there's nothing else after that :) 

OOP let me catch up a bit :santa:

Heartbreak Anthem, honey, Hurricane, transparent soul, Smokin Out The Window & Happier Than Ever massive acclaim :jonny5:

YES you better tan CMBYN [Extended version] :jonny5: The way Doja and SZA dominated 2021 just like that! I'm so happy for my good sisters!

I love Peaches but there's something sinister about this that make me enjoy the song less i don't know why nnn

---

DK's Damaged is just that 2000s Girl Group songs that i love :jonny5: They really did that!

I also discovered Brandy's 90s classic this year. She's so underrated omg

---

The massive acclaim for SOUR, 30, HTE & Still Over It :jonny5:

Also the absolute panned for JORDI & Better Mistakes :dies:  I haven't listen to Roddy Ricch's new album yet but Late At Night is an aboslute (forgattble) bop. Now i'm scared to listen to the it after seeing people dragged him this time nnn

On 12/27/2021 at 8:08 AM, TalkThatRihanna said:

FINAL UPDATE!

Best Tracks:

Higher Power

My Universe

Humankind

Worst Tracks:

Buityful

Let Somebody Go

Coloratura

People of the Pride

4. Sia  - Music

Best Tracks:

Together

Saved My Life

Floating Through Space

Worst Tracks:

Hey Boy

Hey Boy f/ Burna Boy

Music

1+1

Miracle

Best Tracks:

Day 3 in Miami

Worst Tracks:

Tracks 1-13

Best Tracks:

Worst Tracks:

THE WORST ALBUM OF 2021:

1. Lorde - Solar Power

Best Tracks

Mood Ring

Worst Tracks:

The rest of the album

Well... I don't disagree with this top 5 at all but seeing Coldplay getting dragged HARD for this new album is probably is the most pleasing for me. It's what they deserves for releasing the most dissapointing album in their career so far oop:mandown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.