Top 10 Most Streamed Albums of 2021 Globally

ariananext

Future Nostalgia #2 :jonny5: Hopefully the album hits top 10 on IFPI's year end list again. 

I keep being confused at Ed's album sitting Top 5 when it has 1,3 billion streams, am I missing something?

Congrats to Future Nostalgia :clap3:

Btw Spotify tracking ends in October, it’s not physically possible for = to be ****ing #4. Spotify is such a messed up platform, but so are all of them honestly…

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

Btw Spotify tracking ends in October, it’s not physically possible for = to be ****ing #4. Spotify is such a messed up platform, but so are all of them honestly…

Both = and Planet Her had no singles released pre-2020, one has 1,3B and the other has 2,8B. They should drop the numbers or something..

Edited by ariananext
typo

4 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Both = and Planet Her had no singles released pre-2020, one has 1,3B and the other has 2,8B. They should drop the numbers or something..

They have been messing up Ed’s numbers for a while now. Before = was released they had + listed as one of the top 10 most streamed albums weekly on their charts when it’s not even out streaming X or Divide from his own catalogue..

They are also inflating streams of random songs on your own wrapped too. Many people who have last.fm to track their exact streams noticed that their wrapped shows up to 200 more plays on some songs than last fm does :deadbanana2:

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

They have been messing up Ed’s numbers for a while now. Before = was released they had + listed as one of the top 10 most streamed albums weekly on their charts when it’s not even out streaming X or Divide from his own catalogue..

They are also inflating streams of random songs on your own wrapped too. Many people who have last.fm to track their exact streams noticed that their wrapped shows up to 200 more plays on some songs than last fm does :deadbanana2:

Is Ed working at Spotify or something :deadbanana4: this is weird, and it makes them lose credibility. Let me see if they messed up my stats 

Just now, ariananext said:

Is Ed working at Spotify or something :deadbanana4: this is weird, and it makes them lose credibility. Let me see if they messed up my stats 

Honestly a lot of these placements confuse me, I know Lil Nas X doesn’t have big back catalogue, but his artist placements are so low considering he had 2 big hints and Montero, the song, is pretty high everywhere.

8 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Doesnt exactly matter when it ends. = Isnt top 10 in any timeframe

But Taylor being listed at #2 globally makes me think they counted at least parts of November. She only very recently moved there according to the Twitter numbers

Refreshing to see 11-track album with no re-releases SOUR at #1.

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

But Taylor being listed at #2 globally makes me think they counted at least parts of November. She only very recently moved there according to the Twitter numbers

You are right, they should simply specify the exact timeframe somewhere like Apple Music did for more clarity.

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Exactly, it's just impossible :deadbanana4: 1,3B are very mediocre numbers to rank so high

16 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

He's such a loser for this. And Spotify is worse for actually letting it happen.

Ed serving payola :deadbanana:

Sour at No.1 as it should, the music industry :clap3:

Also Dua being at No.2, I can’t believe FN is more succesful almost 2 years later than it was in the year it was released :jonny5:truly the new queen of pop

20 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

How is Ed #4? WTF

And Montero #6! 

Global SINGLES and ALBUMS artist :jonny:

1 minute ago, Brando said:

And Montero #6! 

Global ALBUMS and SINGLES artist :jonny:

With 80% of streams coming from the 2 singles :deadbanana4:

25 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

They also counted November and December of 2020.

OT: Planet HerSTORY indeed. clap3.gif

3 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

and where is billie? i guess she could not even have hit singles deadbanana4.gif

1 minute ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

and where is billie? i guess she could not even have hit singles deadbanana4.gif

Know you place Doja stan :rip:

4 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

whatever works 

(anyways, you can chill. i like billie more than Nas. after all she gave us 2 great album. LNX only gave us a few great songs so far) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.