H100: Easy On Me 5x #1, Oh My God #5

Renan90

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

I don't know.  21's chart run and 25's debut were SUPER impressive and really fun to experience.  21 was arguably the biggest female era of all time and 25 really capitalized on that.  I just want to acknowledge that

Though I agree with you about Taylor.  Taylor on the other hand as an artist has had probably the most consistent dominance any female artist has potentially ever had.  The fact that from 2010-2017 she was able to maintain her fanbase and quality to get 4 million seller debuts is unbelievable.  Even now she is still debuting not that far from 1 million to such a degree that a 5th 1 million week is not impossible is super impressive.  

In the US. Worldwide, Taylor is not nearly as relevant in many countries.

Madonna will forever be the most consistent female artist on a global scale.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaia

• georgechxng

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Brando

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

They’re also totally ignoring the fact that Adele’s album is currently spammed ALL OVER Walmart and Target whereas Folklore wasn’t available in stores first week, which is typically a big driver of Taylor’s sales ? I didn’t pick up a physical copy until a month after the album came out. B-b-bbbut BUNDLEZ! 

Folklore was a surprise release and had bundles. Her fan base purchased like crazy many copies. That’s why she sold nearly half of its overall sales to date in the first week. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

In the US. Worldwide, Taylor is not nearly as relevant in many countries.

Madonna will forever be the most consistent female artist on a global scale.

Sad that she’s not as irrelevant near the Louvre but her hold in Asia, the most populated continent, may weigh more on her ‘global’ scale, just sth EuroATRL failed to acknowledge. 

1 minute ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Folklore was a surprise release and had bundles. Her fan base purchased like crazy many copies. That’s why she sold nearly half of its overall sales to date in the first week. 

Do you have proof of that? I have seen people barking cuz sold 800K cuz of bundles but I haven’t seen any evidence to back it up. If artists can sell more with bundles, why don’t other artist can’t come close to folklore? 

Edited by MardinBeksloy

1 minute ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Sad that she’s not as irrelevant near the Louvre but her hold in Asia, the most populated continent, may weigh more on her ‘global’ scale, just sth EuroATRL failed to acknowledge. 

Population doesn’t determine how big or relevant a music market is. UK, France and Germany markets are way bigger than any Asian market except Japan, where Taylor isn’t that popular.

1 minute ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Do you have proof of that? I have seen people barking cuz sold 800K cuz of bundles but I haven’t seen any evidence to back it up. If artists can sell more with bundles, why don’t other artist can’t come close to folklore? 

Folklore and Evermore were released within 6 months of release. Folklore with bundles sold 846k. Evermore without bundles sold 350k. Like the difference was abysmal. 

And for surprise releases, you have the Beyoncé case. 4 sold like 320k copies in its first week. Then Beyoncé surprise-released self-titled and it sold 800k in its first week.

35 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

i will take 21 selling 20 millions pure sales over 2011-2012 over any of those :cm: i don't even get it why people focus on 25s debut as adeles most impressive accomplishment. sure, it was massive and nobody is ever gonna top that - but 21 becoming the best selling album of the century and about to overcome the bodyguard as the most successful female album of all time when it debuted with 350k is much more impressive imo :cm:

longevity > debuts

how is it a sign of longevity when she's only done the big things she's done with two albums lol. i guess it depends how you look at it.

2 albums of the same old2 with monstrous success vs 4 albums in nearly 2 different genres all with at least 8M pure in the US.

3 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

There isn’t any. Nobody ever posts numbers or mentions the fact that pure sales are actually up this year (suggesting bundles only ever filled demand that already existed). It’s all just a quick and easy way to try to discredit Taylor by pretending the bundle rule fundamentally changed music consumption metrics. :rip:

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

There isn’t any. Nobody ever posts numbers or mentions the fact that pure sales are actually up this year (suggesting bundles only ever filled demand that already existed). It’s all just a quick and easy way to try to discredit Taylor by pretending the bundle rule fundamentally changed music consumption metrics. :rip:

It did. First week numbers are way lower than what they were pre-bundles.

It did. First week numbers are way lower than what they were pre-bundles.

Then post them. Do the work, do the analysis, and validate your specific claim or post a source that does. And then, after that, let’s talk about whether the claim can even be generalized to Taylor at all. From where I’m standing, there’s zero evidence to indicate that Taylor would have sold a single unit less without bundles. Demand is demand.

18 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Folklore and Evermore were released within 6 months of release. Folklore with bundles sold 846k. Evermore without bundles sold 350k. Like the difference was abysmal. 

Evermore sold that much less because it only had digital and streaming in the first week, not because of anything to do with bundles. The rules regarding how bundles count are distinct from the also-changed rules that now cause a physical sale to count only when the item ships.

19 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

And for surprise releases, you have the Beyoncé case. 4 sold like 320k copies in its first week. Then Beyoncé surprise-released self-titled and it sold 800k in its first week.

Evermore didn't even have physical copies on realize week. Do you realize they without physical copies, 30 would only sell 400K? 

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Then post them. Do the work, do the analysis, and validate your specific claim or post a source that does. And then, after that, let’s talk about whether the claim can even be generalized to Taylor at all. From where I’m standing, there’s zero evidence to indicate that Taylor would have sold a single unit less without bundles. Demand is demand.

Evermore sold that much less because it only had digital and streaming in the first week, not because of anything to do with bundles. The rules regarding how bundles count are distinct from the also-changed rules that now cause a physical sale to count only when the item ships.

Swifties have been posting all week how Folklore’s debut week  was soooo amazing because it was released during the pandemic, when stores were closed and people had almost no access to the physical copies of Folklore.  If Folklore was able to debut that high despiste physical copies being so elusive, why didn’t Evermore do the same? 

Just now, Blue Honeymoon said:

Swifties have been posting all week how Folklore’s debut week  was soooo amazing because it was released during the pandemic, when stores were closed and people had almost no access to the physical copies of Folklore.  If Folklore was able to debut that high despiste physical copies being so elusive, why didn’t Evermore do the same? 

Because of the shipping rule that I just described right after what you bolded. :gaycat6:

24 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

how is it a sign of longevity when she's only done the big things she's done with two albums lol. i guess it depends how you look at it.

2 albums of the same old2 with monstrous success vs 4 albums in nearly 2 different genres all with at least 8M pure in the US.

are we gonna ignore the fact that 19 has sold over 15M units and 30 will easily end up selling more than reputation, lover, folklore and evermore? :rip:

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

Because of the shipping rule that I just described right after what you bolded. :gaycat6:

That was also what I was trying to say. Folklore benefited greatly from the rules that applied when it was released. It’s extremely obvious that Folklore’s debut week would’ve been much lower if it was released in this new climate, and if it weren’t a surprise album.

That was also what I was trying to say. Folklore benefited greatly from the rules that applied when it was released. It’s extremely obvious that Folklore’s debut week would’ve been much lower if it was released in this new climate, and if it weren’t a surprise album.

Spill :cm: the fact that swifties act like

Folklore is this massive album that served incredible legs and changed the music industry when it's stuck at 5M ww with over 70% of those numbers coming from the US sends me. 

I expected 1.3M-1.7M, so yeah it's underwhelming for HER standards. But we gotta accept it, we won't be seeing 7-figure debuts anytime soon. :michael:

I'm just happy I got a handful of bops from this album (EOM, OMG, Can I Get It)

7 hours ago, Brando said:

anti-bitch said it will be the LAST album to sell 1m pure copies in the US. it didn't even hit 500k. 

also shocked that 200k of those sales were digital. like who wants to own a digital album these days... 200k people apparently... :deadbanana2:

She sold 692k pure copies, wtf are u talking about

3 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

She sold 692k pure copies, wtf are u talking about

Right- It will probably clear 1M pure copies before the year ends :deadbanana2:

52 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Even if we ignore the fact that evermore had no physicals, a "part 2" that close to the first is always going to do way less.

Can only think of Justin Timberlake as an example, I'm sure there are others

And um Beyoncé is clearly the much more loved album compared to 4. Who knows how much surprise release helped, but IT being music people liked more certainly helped a lot

17 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

You guys are just saying anything at this point, vinyls for evermore wasn't even available and when it was released, it did 100k+. For 30 the vinyls were available in its first week. 

And about a surprise release, if Taylor had 6 year hiatus and a heavy promo it obviously would've benefited her so

Second biggest debut of the decade, only behind folklore? These are amazing numbers :clap3:

Was surprised to learn Red TV sold more vinyls but I guess that's to be expected from the music industry :clap3:

Do we have stats from other recent releases regarding cassette sales?

i mean the metric is so small so it’s mostly for nerdy interest…

32 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

And about a surprise release, if Taylor had 6 year hiatus and a heavy promo it obviously would've benefited her so

Yes, but probably only once.  Bey's fanbase essentially deserted her after Lemonade.  You need to keep your fans happy, and being active is the best way to do so.

Edited by Archetype

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.