H100: Easy On Me 5x #1, Oh My God #5

Renan90

32 minutes ago, freddisier said:

folklore had bundles, yes but 30 had pre orders, huge rollout and vinyls.

not to mention folklore being released during the pandemic with physical stores and retail closed and the only way to purchase the album (and its bundles) was through her online store. 30 is benefiting a lot from being avaiable to purchase everywhere, like you literally can't go to a store without it being in your face. 

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaia

• georgechxng

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Brando

I'm more curious about the effects (if any) of her not coming close to 1m. According to articles, labels and experts were expecting her to easily clear that figure, but she did not :cm:

Happy for Adele, it's still the biggest debut of the year way surpassing CLB and Red but it's also a bit sad knowing that if she can't come to 1 mil with a massive album campaign then it's very likely that no one can

39 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

lets not do this. your fave's million selling days barely lasted 2 years. taylor's been doing 1M weeks for 8 years and 30s barely outselling taylor swift's 8th studio album folklore. even with the bundles excuse, taylor would've sold 796k since she sold 50k in bundles the week of folklore's debut. 796k vs 839k is not the 'adele is superior' argument you wanna use here

a surprise drop with 8 versions (which are all basically just her renaming the disc and the color art) >>> a whole 3 month rollout, a cbs special and an oprah interview lets not.

They’re also totally ignoring the fact that Adele’s album is currently spammed ALL OVER Walmart and Target whereas Folklore wasn’t available in stores first week, which is typically a big driver of Taylor’s sales ? I didn’t pick up a physical copy until a month after the album came out. B-b-bbbut BUNDLEZ! 

Folklore was released before the rule change after which everyone's sales collapsed. These are great numbers considering :clap3:

This is absolutely enormous and few (if any) are doing it like Adele.

It's also less than expected.

Both statements can be true. It's all about expectations. 

31 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

This narrative that Adele's ballads and not switching it up (which isn't true, even critics have acknowledged the change in sound) is the reason for these numbers when "Easy On Me" is becoming one of her longest running #1s in the US and UK is...a choice.:deadbanana2:  21 was over 10 years ago and 25 was six years ago. This is her first era where she has released completely to streaming. Perhaps her label overestimated her selling power, but they only shipped 1.5 million units, so I'm pretty certain they weren't expecting 25-level sales.:rip: This is just a sign that she has to fully cross over to streaming to sustain, and considering how well "Easy on Me" has done and "OMG" is looking to be a hit, she'll be fine. People purposely wanting Diamond sales with this are just trolling Adele and her fans because 21 and 25 obliterated all of their favorites, except maybe Taylor, who probably can't get a song as big as "Easy on Me" outside of week 1. Adele will be fine.

I don't think they overestimated her power considering they expected her to do half of 25 debut. Their mistake is underestimating the downfall of pure sales

This is a huge disappointment for its underperformance. She shouldn’t be selling less than Folklore or even 1M.

People talking about a bundle rule as if RED TV didn't sell 600k :skull:

folklore wasn't even available in retail stores. Basically all of its pure sales were pre-order on Taylor's website. folklore OUTSOLD. Now we can move on

7 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

I don't think they overestimated her power considering they expected her to do half of 25 debut. Their mistake is underestimating the downfall of pure sales

I think it could be a little bit of both. OR I think they are fully aware of the state of pure sales. This is Columbia Records. Adele is not the only artist on their label, but it's their only artist who can do these type of numbers. Not even Beyoncé could have done these numbers at her peak, let alone now. They fell short a bit, but now they have an idea on how they want the rest of the era to go. Trial and error. It's going to work out in the end.

1 hour ago, 4Real said:

Yall been saying this ever since Katy Perry posted a shady tweet back in 2014 or smth and still here we are :gaycat6:

ot: cute numbers but I thought ADELE would sell more than folklore first week. I guess she underperformed :gaycat6:

Yeah let's wait. Not even MAdonna can hit forever. 

This is 100% a flop in my eyes for Adele. Maybe she will do a better album next time. I'm an Adele fan, but not with this basic and boring album..

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

the "she's not a streaming artist" excuse when EOM debuted with 25M streams :ahh: the GP simply said NO 

:bibliahh:

This is literally awesome number

QueenofCopyPaste
2 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

This is 100% a flop in my eyes for Adele. Maybe she will do a better album next time. I'm an Adele fan, but not with this basic and boring album..

no youre not lol

QueenofCopyPaste
27 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

This is a huge disappointment for its underperformance. She shouldn’t be selling less than Folklore or even 1M.

Pure Sales

Folklore - 615k

30 - 692k

Edited by QueenofCopyPaste

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

point stilll stands, i think taylor selling 1M+ for 4 albums across 8 years is more impressive than adele's 3M + 1M + 1M streak in 2015-16

i will take 21 selling 20 millions pure sales over 2011-2012 over any of those :cm: i don't even get it why people focus on 25s debut as adeles most impressive accomplishment. sure, it was massive and nobody is ever gonna top that - but 21 becoming the best selling album of the century and about to overcome the bodyguard as the most successful female album of all time when it debuted with 350k is much more impressive imo :cm:

longevity > debuts

Edited by georgechxng

QueenofCopyPaste

692k Pure Sales

CD - 378k

Vinyl - 108k

Cassettes - 2k

Digitals - 205k

3 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

i will take 21 selling 20 millions pure sales over 2011-2012 over any of those :cm: i don't even get it why people focus on 25s debut as adeles most impressive accomplishment. sure, it was massive and nobody is ever gonna top that - but 21 becoming the best selling album of the century and about to overcome the bodyguard as the most successful female album of all time when it debuted with 350k is much more impressive imo :cm:

longevity > debuts

the way only writing this got me shook - it sounds so unbeliavable, a moment in history :jonny5:

QueenofCopyPaste
6 hours ago, Brando said:

and the timing is really bad. too close to xmas. it will tank in week 2 and won't recover until Jan, if it recovers at all. Oh My God needs to smash hard to revive the era. 

Easy On Me is racketing another for a 7th week at #1 and no competition comes close after the Xmas songs fall over.

22 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Pure Sales

Folklore - 615k

30 - 692k

:coffee2:

QueenofCopyPaste
2 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

:coffee2:

you said "selling less than" 

thats consumption units including streaming equivalents

Edited by QueenofCopyPaste

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.