HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

19 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Sorry but Adele selling 837k without a dedicated fanbase while she has the #1 song in the country in downloads, streaming, and radio while her performance show/interview garnering more interest than award shows, etc. 

Yall are grasping at straws. The last time Taylor had a multi week #1 was 2017. 

Lmao weren't you just fuming at people saying Adele had no real fans, and now you're saying she has no dedicated fanbase :gaycat6:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

QueenofCopyPaste
6 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

So 40k :psyduck:

Um yeah that would be quite the underperformance

This is absolutely on the very low end on what could have been expected. And yes obviously nobody expected anything close to 25 numbers. I thought 1.2M was realistic.

But I'm sure she doesn't care too much. Maybe it means the next album will come sooner than in 6 years. 

she releases when she wants to

Adele has never been worried about chart success

Yeah the physical market is way down from 2015 but it's not like that translated to equally big streaming numbers for her.

Her popularity has also declined and Easy on Me didn't cause the frenzy that Hello did.

QueenofCopyPaste
9 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

Yeah the physical market is way down from 2015 but it's not like that translated to equally big streaming numbers for her.

Her popularity has also declined and Easy on Me didn't cause the frenzy that Hello did.

Easy On Me is her best performing #1 in the UK

3 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Easy On Me is her best performing #1 in the UK

# of weeks at #1 doesn’t always equate to success and you know damn well EOM is not a bigger hit than Hello. 

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Yes. Dedicated fanbase being people who lack lives who spend their entire day streaming their faves songs and buying multiple albums. You’d have to be completely and utterly delusional to not see the different between Adele and Taylor in terms of fanbase. Adele is just favored by the GP. That’s her “fanbase”

Idk why you’re so hellbent on this :deadbanana:

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, FAN said:

# of weeks at #1 doesn’t always equate to success and you know damn well EOM is not a bigger hit than Hello. 

Idk why you’re so hellbent on this :deadbanana:

I'm reiterating "best performing #1"

It's the longest British #1 since Leona Lewis at 2007.

Edited by QueenofCopyPaste

QueenofCopyPaste

Adele's 30 (Columbia) posts the biggest bow of the year on the HITS Top 50, earning 838k its first week. 80% of 30's total is from pure sales. Dive into Adele's first-week streaming info here

Told ya'll streaming is not her FORTE

17 minutes ago, FAN said:

.....yet.

If it stays #1 for twice as much weeks as Hello and manages to reach 4x Platinum, for sure it will be considered bigger.

10 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

the average number of weeks a song spent at #1 on UK chart went from 1 to like 5 in the last few years. 

QueenofCopyPaste
3 minutes ago, Brando said:

the average number of weeks a song spent at #1 on UK chart went from 1 to like 5 in the last few years. 

and she's doing 7 for this week!

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

for a reason. UK used to have a pre-order system when it came to songs. So like half of the singles that reached #1 during a year were frontloaded as ****. For example, I love Cherly, but her final UK #1 "I Don't Care" still hasn't reached Gold in the country :rip:

58 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Wasn’t Bad Habits just #1 for 10 weeks? 

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, FAN said:

Wasn’t Bad Habits just #1 for 10 weeks? 

Yes

I meant to think and say about British female artists since I mentioned Leona

49 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

for a reason. UK used to have a pre-order system when it came to songs. So like half of the singles that reached #1 during a year were frontloaded as ****. For example, I love Cherly, but her final UK #1 "I Don't Care" still hasn't reached Gold in the country :rip:

don't worry i'm familiar, and tbh i preferred short lived chart runs 

If 80% is pure sales, that's some serious profit for her label as compared to streaming. 

4 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

She broke the record for the most streamed song in a day. I'd say the problem is more the way the album was made. 12 tracks, multiple songs over 6 minutes, and a topic that most Gen-Zer's don't relate to was never going to dominate streaming (even though the streaming numbers have still been strong). 

Thing is, one album every 5 years isn't going to help continue to build a streaming platform.

4 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

It was pretty obvious and clear what you meant. Adele is killing it in the UK :clap3:

Singles at 1, 2 and 4. Album at 1. Slayage all round. 

4 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

She broke the record for the most streamed song in a day. I'd say the problem is more the way the album was made. 12 tracks, multiple songs over 6 minutes, and a topic that most Gen-Zer's don't relate to was never going to dominate streaming (even though the streaming numbers have still been strong). 

Thing is, one album every 5 years isn't going to help continue to build a streaming platform.

Easy on me was very streaming friendly, hence why it was picked for first single. Most of the album really isnt something that will appeal to the demographic which heavily stream. 

Still high numbers...hopefully next week there's not a steep decline

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvvf0o41BrVPPndK6xKUo

The store I work at has so many 30 CDs. The shelves are overflowing and the CDs are falling onto the floor instead of falling into people’s shopping carts. It’s been selling more than any other CD in recent times, but they really overproduced physical copies.

3 minutes ago, americanlife said:

The store I work at has so many 30 CDs. The shelves are overflowing and the CDs are falling onto the floor instead of falling into people’s shopping carts. It’s been selling more than any other CD in recent times, but they really overproduced physical copies.

Meanwhile I still can't find a copy of Red TV anywhere

angry-mad.gif

26 minutes ago, americanlife said:

So you’re saying 30 is a literal safety hazard? Sounds like people could slip on a copy and break something :doc: 

7 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

UK current charts formula is the best, they really priorize organic numbers nowadays :clap3:Billboard should take some notes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.