HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

Scott Borchetta
1 hour ago, brazil said:

Also, Adele already has a hit single out of 30, when did Taylor last have a hit song?

Today where the "hit song" is outstreaming the lead single of a album during its album release week despite the miniscule album boost.

:giraffe:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

48 minutes ago, dylanx said:

the way we went from

"enjoy these streaming records while they last, Swifters :laugh: Adele is coming!"

to

"it's not streaming friendly! 30 tracks!"

to

"TAYLOR FANS!!!!!!!!"

anyway, lemme go bop to Oh My God a bit

Wasn’t this exact comment posted like a few days ago lol 

but anyway, Spotify=/= streaming. Not saying 30 will beat the record, I have no clue tbh, but it’s not like Taylor swift has that record in the first place. We’ll find out once billboard reports the numbers 

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

What's going on with Taylor Swift fans? JESUS. 

They're something else - Adele will outsell their fave, still has bigger songs and they think they're doing something :rip: 

1 minute ago, Serendipity said:

They're something else - Adele will outsell their fave, still has bigger songs and they think they're doing something :rip: 

All that talk and meltdown but at the end Adele will outsell:lmao:

2 hours ago, FAN said:

The funniest thing for me is that crazy Adele stan that was making multiple threads a day leading up to the release is NOWHERE to be found after the numbers came out :ahh: they told me that EOM would oustream all of Olivia’s singles and 30 would easily oustream SOUR (already over 5B at Spotify alone). Time the ultimate truth teller indeed! 

post are really cringe. Adele is doing 800k+ - possibly less or more during her debut week, her streaming numbers are good and her pure sales are amazing. Olivia only had one of those things. :toofunny3: Stop setting that poor girl up, please. She has nothing to do with Adele. Isn't Easy On Me going back to #1 for another week, a fifth one to be exact? What will you if it stays atop for more time. :laugh: Enjoy the moment though, I know for sure you were praying for this to happen since 2015. :sistrens:

I dont know why yall are going on and on with this "Taylor fans!!111!". This shouldve been expected after yall have been provoking them day in day out since October. Now yall are reaping what yall sowed :rip:

I have to admit it's getting overbearing especially on Twitter. But this all couldve been prevented if the releases werent so close to each other and the october born fake Adele fans sat there and ate their food. But here we are :michael:

4 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

post are really cringe. Adele is doing 800k+ - possibly less or more during her debut week, her streaming numbers are good and her pure sales are amazing. Olivia only had one of those things. :toofunny3: Stop setting that poor girl up, please. She has nothing to do with Adele. Isn't Easy On Me going back to #1 for another week, a fifth one to be exact? What will you if it stays atop for more time. :laugh: Enjoy the moment though, I know for sure you were praying for this to happen since 2015. :sistrens:

The deflection. :deadbanana: what does this have to do with a deranged group of using being wrong about the streaming numbers? 

1 minute ago, JawBreaker said:

I dont know why yall are going on and on with this "Taylor fans!!111!". This shouldve been expected after yall have been provoking them day in day out since October. Now yall are reaping what yall sowed :rip:

I have to admit it's getting overbearing especially on Twitter. But this all couldve been prevented if the releases werent so close to each other and the october born fake Adele fans sat there and ate their food. But here we are :michael:

This would have been avoided if the October born fake Adele fans hadn't started provoking Swifties back then and the insecure Taylor Swift fans wouldn't have fallen for that. This unnecessary fan war started back in 2012 when Adele started slaying the game. They're two different artists, not similar in any way. 

Amazing numbers for Adele :clap3: A lot of set up from non-Adele stans and the final numbers will be amazing no matter how you try to spin it

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

The quotes on this tweet :clap3:love how the GP knows she's the most successful artist of our century

When they put it like that :dies:

2 minutes ago, FAN said:

The deflection. :deadbanana: what does this have to do with a deranged group of using being wrong about the streaming numbers? 

It has to do with the whole Olivia v. Adele streaming thing. The latter isn't any newcomer that debuted during the streaming era nor its peak for that matter, so why would people exactly expect her to outstream of all people? As far as I concern, Easy On Me isn't doing bad on that department, it's also selling quite well pure. Streaming wise, the album is doing fine as well and it would probably end up doing like every single one of her albums - which were held off streaming for a while yet they're still outstreaming some other BIG albums. But I guess whatever suits you right. As I said, it's your time to shine - you've been expecting six years for it. Enjoy it! stream 30 or any other Adele album in the meantime. :laugh:

1 minute ago, abrahamjmr said:

It has to do with the whole Olivia v. Adele streaming thing. The latter isn't any newcomer that debuted during the streaming era nor its peak for that matter, so why would people exactly expect her to outstream of all people? As far as I concern, Easy On Me isn't doing bad on that department, it's also selling quite well pure. Streaming wise, the album is doing fine as well and it would probably end up doing like every single one of her albums - which were held off streaming for a while yet they're still outstreaming some other BIG albums. But I guess whatever suits you right. As I said, it's your time to shine - you've been expecting six years for it. Enjoy it! stream 30 or any other Adele album in the meantime. :laugh:

Missing the point on purpose I see. Anyways, I’ve always liked Adele and I’m not a Taylor stan by any means so direct your anger elsewhere. :laugh:

1 minute ago, FAN said:

Missing the point on purpose I see. Anyways, I’ve always liked Adele and I’m not a Taylor stan by any means so direct your anger elsewhere. :laugh:

I never said you were a Taylor stan, which makes this whole argument even funnier. :sistrens:

15 minutes ago, kawk said:

so embarrassing for Taylor stans, all that **** they were talking all week and now their fave won't even do 200k :rip:

She did 605k last week, your point? :deadbanana4:

18 minutes ago, kawk said:

so embarrassing for Taylor stans, all that **** they were talking all week and now their fave won't even do 200k :rip:

She did 600k just last week, what’s sadder is certain girls debut weeks are lower than her second week :chick3: so embarrassing 

21 minutes ago, kawk said:

This is the albums 2nd week ?

The Swifties coming for Adele for what? She's still outselling their faves in her home country while outselling 5x in her own home country. Not to mention Easy On me is going back to #1 for the fifth week and OMG is serving stable which is a good sign :dies:

25 minutes ago, kawk said:

That argument makes no sense tho, it’s 2nd week for Red.

42 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

I dont know why yall are going on and on with this "Taylor fans!!111!"

those posts are the most hilarious. literally grasping for straws  

I didn’t want to engage in this thread other than commenting a couple of times since it got way too ridiculous for an actual discussion.

But before they reveal the final predictions, I just want to say a couple of things...

I’m very impressed by the same members keeping up the discussion in here for the entire week and all these pages, and managed to pull every Taylor/swifties criticism in the book from the past 10+ years, just to deflect from the situation.

First of all these same members that call out swifties for being in here and try to call them out for being obsessed or whatever, are the same ones that were infecting the Taylor hdd and bb charts threads last and this week, trying to discredit and belittle her achievements, and also saying that every achievement/record will be broken this week, why do think you’re allowed to do it while others don’t, especially when you’re the ones starting it...?

and regarding the actual numbers, both women are pretty untouchable and are still doing amazing over a decade later, Adele’s numbers for 25 were insane and the consistency of 21 that led to it becoming the biggest album ever is out of this world, but the expectations for 30 set her up, and it was obvious that she’s not remotely touching them considering the climate, the long break, it not following, the way bigger 21 and the fact that it was available for streaming from day one.

Not to compare but both 25 & reputation had the same release strategy, both had only the singles available to stream while the rest of the albums only up for purchase, and the drop between rep to Lover was understandable and even surprisingly not that big, same case for 25 & 30, therefore it’s not shocking, but that doesn’t take away the fact that the numbers are still amazing and no one is coming close except for Drake and even he is still far.

The constant discrediting and acting like one is above the other is just plain stupid and embarrassing, many already said it before me and every single time were told that they are wrong, what are all of you benefitting from constantly lying to yourselves, just give it up and accept it, both women are on the same level and they’re above everyone else by light years.

One last thing, the constant bringing of the 16 editions thing is so dumb, there were 8 covers for both cds and vinyls and she wasn’t the first or the last to do multiple covers, and if her numbers were thanks to the multiple covers then I understand that all of you mean that if she had one cover then she would’ve sold 1/8 of the number she ended up with, that‘s above 100k from each one, did the other artists who released multiple covers end up with a final number of the number of covers multiplied by 100k or ever REMOTELY close to that?

I didn’t think so... :heart2:

and to those joining every page to try and criticize the swifties for whatever reason, I advice you to have some awareness and not just say sh it for the sake of satisfaction when you’re actually showing your ignorance, since the swifties are the ones applauding the numbers whereas the ones hiding behind Adele just to discredit Taylor are the core of the problem, and the worst part is that they’re not even fans of her, just bandwagoning. 

to everyone here... just celebrate the achievement and stop bitching, and if you don’t want to then simply shut up!

Edited by Michael196

1 hour ago, Scott Borchetta said:

Today where the "hit song" is outstreaming the lead single of a album during its album release week despite the miniscule album boost.

:giraffe:

Noone outside of Taylor fanbase and pop entushiasts knows All Too Well:deadbanana4:

I still don't understand why Taylor fans went for Adele so randomly and embarrassingly. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.