HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

Amazing numbers no matter what anyone is going to say:clap3:

The way you’re attempting to do damage control on every page :deadbanana:

Red TV already oustreaming 30 on Spotify and the tracking week isn’t even over yet oh wow :eek:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

The funniest thing for me is that crazy Adele stan that was making multiple threads a day leading up to the release is NOWHERE to be found after the numbers came out :ahh: they told me that EOM would oustream all of Olivia’s singles and 30 would easily oustream SOUR (already over 5B at Spotify alone). Time the ultimate truth teller indeed! 

3 minutes ago, FAN said:

The funniest thing for me is that crazy Adele stan that was making multiple threads a day leading up to the release is NOWHERE to be found after the numbers came out :ahh: they told me that EOM would oustream all of Olivia’s singles and 30 would easily oustream SOUR (already over 5B at Spotify alone). Time the ultimate truth teller indeed! 

You seem to get a lot out if this…

anyway he got banned some days before the album release, he’s a bit too hotheaded and took the bait

10 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

Almost everyone acknowledged that sales climate has changes dramatically especially the pure sales one. The issue is some delulu think Adele is immune or at least will slightly get affected and have no problem doing a million debut, but it seems even Adele is struggling to do it. It's funny because they attacked people who underestimated Adele before (having doubt of her doing one million debut) yet now the same group is backtracking. People can't be that blind to see how those delulu set her up and now it's backfire :dies:

Nope, I'm seeing a lot of comments comparing 30 to 25 sales and saying they're indicative of Adele losing success,  so if that's the case, the same could be said for Taylor.

Also, Adele already has a hit single out of 30, when did Taylor last have a hit song?

7 hours ago, Gaia said:

Reality is EoM is sitting pretty at #1. Will be the first to be #1 in downloads, streaming, and radio since 2017. She's being consumed on ALL formats. 

Mentioning 2017, that's the last time Taylor had a #1 hit that lasted more than 1 week at the top outside of its debut. Fun fact, Easy on Me will outstream Cardigan and Willow on Spotify by the end of November. It took a not even 2 months for it to outstream :deadbanana4:

And this "Rerecording" excuse is so BS and they all know it. Taylor has presented herself as the victim all over TV and social media asking people to buy her TVs to get back at SB for selling her music. She's literally telling people/her fans, buying these new versions is a big deal and is empowering.

Swifities need to stop acting like Taylor dropped a re-recording album for fun, and that it's selling this amount without incentive. She included like 15 new songs, has multiple versions and promoted on TV (including a performance on SNL). She also promoted the **** out of it on Tik Tok knowing they'd eat up the drama with Jake Gyllenhaal ala Olivia/Joshua/Sabrina.

The nostalgia + controversy (Jake + Rerecording) work in Taylor's favor for. Not against her.

I honestly can't wait for her next release. If it opens with 600-800k with her plethora of versions then I can't wait to bump all these Swifties. Because it will SURELY be embarrassing if Taylor can't significantly outsell her own re-recording with her next studio album.

:gaycat5:

3 minutes ago, brazil said:

Nope, I'm seeing a lot of comments comparing 30 to 25 sales and saying they're indicative of Adele losing success,  so if that's the case, the same could be said for Taylor.

Also, Adele already has a hit single out of 30, when did Taylor last have a hit song?

Taylor's 10 minute long song ATW TV is smashing right now. Thank you for your concern:party:

57 minutes ago, FAN said:

Red TV already oustreaming 30 on Spotify and the tracking week isn’t even over yet oh wow :eek:

Adele's main audience was busy preparing turkeys today. She'll be back at #1 tomorrow  

6 minutes ago, Brando said:

Adele's main audience was busy preparing turkeys today. She'll be back at #1 tomorrow  

:hoetenks:

OT: Incredible numbers for Red! 

9 minutes ago, Brando said:

Who preps their Turkey the day before? :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, FAN said:

Who cares

30 still outsold :cm:

OT: Great numbers no matter what anyone thinks:clap3:

These are still amazing numbers. I guess this shows how far the music industry has truly fallen. It’s over there no money in this industry anymore, this is why all pop girls are moving beyond music once they are fully established. 

28 minutes ago, brazil said:

THIS 

:lmao::clap3:

3 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Who cares

30 still outsold :cm:

OT: Great numbers no matter what anyone thinks:clap3:

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

THIS 

:lmao::clap3:

1 hour ago, FAN said:

15 minutes ago, FAN said:

Who preps their Turkey the day before? :deadbanana:

actually you need to prep it a day or even two days before depending on size. larger birds need to be salted 2 days before. 

37 minutes ago, brazil said:

In the same level as EOM... that would be Blank Space, back in 2014. Same year of Katy's last big global hit as well.

OT: Adele getting the biggest first week of the year effortlessly :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Brando said:

actually you need to prep it a day or even two days before depending on size. larger birds need to be salted 2 days before. 

But cooking is the perfect time to listen to some music

the way we went from

"enjoy these streaming records while they last, Swifters :laugh: Adele is coming!"

to

"it's not streaming friendly! 30 tracks!"

to

"TAYLOR FANS!!!!!!!!"

anyway, lemme go bop to Oh My God a bit

The quotes on this tweet :clap3:love how the GP knows she's the most successful artist of our century

2 minutes ago, dylanx said:

the way we went from

"enjoy these streaming records while they last, Swifters :laugh: Adele is coming!"

to

to

"TAYLOR FANS!!!!!!!!"

You forgot 

but but but but bundles! multiple versions!!

But yeah I have gotten into 30 a bit myself :loud:

34 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

These are still amazing numbers. I guess this shows how far the music industry has truly fallen. It’s over there no money in this industry anymore, this is why all pop girls are moving beyond music once they are fully established. 

touring still exists. isn't taylor's net worth like 300+million? and she hasn't ventured outside of music (apart from a few film appearences)

9 minutes ago, greento said:

touring still exists. isn't taylor's net worth like 300+million? and she hasn't ventured outside of music (apart from a few film appearences)

Yeah I agree with unless your a major touring force like Taylor or Beyoncé. Every other pop girl has to do things beyond music. Ariana grande is one of the few who recently became established and she doing different things like the voice and it looks like she going back to acting. 

1 hour ago, brazil said:

All Too Well 

36 minutes ago, dylanx said:

the way we went from

to

to

"TAYLOR FANS!!!!!!!!"

We moved past all of that to discussing Thanksgiving recipes now 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.