HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

5 hours ago, ebuc said:

I didn’t read atrl for years and I remember this forum for its quality and good users. Now it’s a mess full of haters like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. What a shame.

What forum have you been reading? :deadbanana2:

This isn't even the worst HDD prediction thread, just ask liddos and kats :clown: 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

It’s just shocking to watch a Titan fall so hard. I wonder if she’ll be able to serve longevity. That’s what was always really impressive about her, especially pre-25. If she’s lost that then it’ll be interesting to see how A5 performs and if it really was just 30 not resonating with people. 

1 hour ago, TaylorFantasy said:

Except those Chinese sales are all real. Y'all are so ****ing racist and you're not even hiding it. :biblio: I know racism against Asians always get swept under the rug but ATRL still has ZTP in place :biblio:

Drag that racist user! It's crazy how at ATRL still delegitimize Chinese sale when it is in the top 10 biggest market in the world with paying platforms.

2 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Britney hasn’t had that record since Adele shattered it in 2015. :skull: 

2 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

25 shattered this already 6 years ago with 3.34 million

I was talking about overall pure sales, total career sales. I must have been more elaborative.

2 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

I am now more interested to see how it sells in the following weeks.

Best case scenario for Adele at this point is having a run like Shania’s Up!

1st week - 874,000 

2nd week - 623,000 (Black friday)

3rd week - 317,000 

4th week - 373,000

If she can do at least 400k next week that would be great.

I expect her to do 250k next week, the pure sales have dropped significantly over past four years.

1 minute ago, drmkng said:

I was talking about overall pure sales, total career sales. I must have been more elaborative.

Then, it's Madonna followed by Celine Dion. Britney never hold such record :dies:

15 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Then, it's Madonna followed by Celine Dion. Britney never hold such record :dies:

Stop being illiterate people.

Britney is the last female artist that sold more than pure 100 million albums.

3 minutes ago, drmkng said:

Stop being illiterate people.

Britney is the last female artist that sold more than pure 100 million albums.

Nope, she's not even hit 80M pure sales

https://chartmasters.org/2017/10/best-selling-artists-albums-and-singles-of-all-time/18/

Edited by Coklek92

Just now, Coklek92 said:

:bibliahh:

Showing me a website which isn't official while I can back up my words thanks to miss Britney Spears.

Now take several seats and have a nice day, pal

Just now, drmkng said:

:bibliahh:

Showing me a website which isn't official while I can back up my words thanks to miss Britney Spears.

Now take several seats and have a nice day, pal

ChartMasters himself is known for inflating Britney's stats yet the pure sales not even hit 80M. That 105M basically albums units which is within the range of her total CSPC. Now you should take several seats :gaycat2:

2 hours ago, confide in me said:

Struggling to see how this is bad 

:ryan2:

I'll just repost what I posted in the base:

"Biggest debut of the year, biggest selling album of the year after 3 days, multi-week number 1 hit, another hit likely incoming, acclaimed, etc. It's about as good as you can do anymore as an artist. It won't be 21/25 levels but no one is ever reaching that again. That era of music is gone."

I mean it's not like she's selling 100k her first week, it's the biggest debut of the year and probably the last of it's kind unless streaming really continues to take off. By all metrics, she'll still be leaving this era as the biggest artist on the planet. It looks terrible compared to her past eras but it's also unfair to compare them considering how much the industry has changed. 

30 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

ChartMasters himself is known for inflating Britney's stats yet the pure sales not even hit 80M. That 105M basically albums units which is within the range of her total CSPC. Now you should take several seats :gaycat2:

Girl Britney said that in 2010-11:bibliahh: stop embarrassing yourself please.

Who the hell cares about chart masters or something:bibliahh: when the artists themselves say their sales :bibliahh:

Are people really dragging her for 800K+ sales? OK...

5 hours ago, Digitalism said:

Why are trying to make this conspiracy theories about why did this underpormed?

It's all EOM's fault. One of the worst tracks on the album as the first single ruined everything. The people that bought the album were the core fans that were going buy it no matter what. But EOM failed to gain interest from the younger generations which are the ones who stream albums

Basically this is what happened. The first single killed the era imo followed by that horrid album she put out. People (even young kids) WERE interested in her before EOM. 

There's no way she's waiting 8 years for the next album. She'll be back in studio next year and she'll prolly release in 2023. And I think she will struggle a lot commercially in her next era.

22 minutes ago, drmkng said:

Girl Britney said that in 2010-11:bibliahh: stop embarrassing yourself please.

Who the hell cares about chart masters or something:bibliahh: when the artists themselves say their sales :bibliahh:

:sleep:

Multiple sources have proved that she didn't sell 100M pure sales, you know that artist can be delusional :gaycat2:

11 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

:sleep:

Multiple sources have proved that she didn't sell 100M pure sales, you know that artist can be delusional :gaycat2:

”thriller sold 104 million copies” teas

11 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

Except she did multiple interviews (including Oprah herself). She was live on social media and even performed a few times. Just because she wasn’t on any Award show it doesn’t mean she had “no promo”. And what about the buildings with the “30” lightings? Everybody and their mom knew Adele was back, this time, however, her music didn’t translate into record-breaking masses of people buying her album.

I wonder if she would have pulled bigger numbers if the album had been held back from streaming ?

Maybe. I think the album sucks, and was planning on buying it (I've always bought her albums) but after streaming it I hate it and find it boring.

I hope she doesn't wait years to release and comes back with a better album because she has it in her. We need another bop like Hello which was so good. Easy On Me is good, and honestly the only song I like on 30. 

I went in Walmart and she has a MASSIVE display just for her album with all the vinyls and all the CD's. It was literally stocked full like no one bought it :rip: My local walmart doesn't stan apparently

11 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

The mental gymnastics. It was sent to radio. It has a video. It has two versions on her website as single downloads. 

It has ten pieces of specific merch on her website. It's a single. 

pot calling the kettle :sistrens:

These are good numbers of course, but for Adele this is definitely an underperformance and I see her star fading. Maybe it's just the album is bad.

6 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

I went in Walmart and she has a MASSIVE display just for her album with all the vinyls and all the CD's. It was literally stocked full like no one bought it :rip: My local walmart doesn't stan apparently

They could have just re-filled the display? 

maybe “Taylor stans” wouldn’t kii over this if y’all didn’t use Adele’s stats to drag Taylor for weeks 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.