HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

I think she will still reach 1 million mark first week. HDD is probably just lowballing her, just like their initial Red TV’s 450k prediction. :giraffe:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

10 minutes ago, gatito said:

it's still a -75% decline, she was meant to do at least 2M with ease

In 2021? The pure sales market has collapsed.

1 - 1.25 million at best

Oh my god 

I can’t believe I missed this mess. 

2021 really humbled down even the Adele stans? :emofish:

1 minute ago, BtDecember said:

I think she will still reach 1 million mark first week. HDD is probably just lowballing her, just like their initial Red TV’s 450k prediction. :giraffe:

Those were Saturday numbers, HDD waited till Monday to post this so pretty sure they have more data now

5 minutes ago, TheFameCurse said:

Good for her. Adele will outsell it (WW figures) by January. :jonny2:

Three million in two months? Babe this isn't 2015 anymore and it's certainly not 2011 anymore. Just try and get her to 800k first :lmao:

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Taylor will be able to. With 10 versions of the album fueling her fanbase to buy more than one copy. She can’t do it without gimmicks to fuels sales. These numbers for Adele are genuine GP interest.

She did 600k with no bundles and only 1 version with a decade old re-release. She will easily doing 800k+ with her brand new album but if this makes you feel better... 

1 hour ago, Cz! said:

Great numbers!

Wow, I did not know that Folklore was the catalyst for Billboard to change their stance on cheap chart manipulation tactics! Interesting.

What? Bilboard decide to change bundle rule almost 10 days before Folklore announced. 

The fanfictions :rip:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/billboard-new-chart-rules-no-more-merch-ticket-bundles/

@Mike91

In this situation, i only feel bad for you two since you were the most unproblematic and nice Adele stans in this site and now you have to deal with the mess some users started but i am pretty sure this won't last long and will be irrelevant in a week or two at most so don't mind so much. :heart:

@UnusualBoy

3 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

Except they've already had 3 days to track the numbers while the first RED prediction came within a few hours of the album being released :giraffe:

I think one interesting aspect to look at is how a lot of the biggest pop girls followed this trajectory but with Adele we never really talked about it because her numbers with 21 were so astronomical and insane (arguably the biggest album ever w/ thriller)  that we didn’t think of her like that

But most of the girls had 2 massive albums/eras in a row and then fell off. Madonna w LAV and TB, Celine had FIY and LTAL, Mariah had MB and DD, Whitney had her debut and then Whitney, Britney had BOMT and Oops, even someone like Shania who isn’t a pop girl had TWIM and COO and then fell off with Up. 

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

Wait. She’s only doing 200K more than RED TV? This is a bit underwhelming considering RED had no singles or promo at all.

This utter delusion. 

Excellent numbers for Adele. The music industry dominating as usual. She is really on another level, despite the poor sales climate at present. 

30 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Omg so Taylor is now officially the most powerful artist on the planet. :chick2:

We were expecting Adele to show her dominance and reclaim the crown but these numbers ain't it... 

America is not the entire planet. And fake China sales don't count.

People saying she's over even while she's doing numbers no one else can :bibliahh:

This forum sometimes I swear...

Its all over Walmart and black Friday's coming.

Some of you are doing too much.

The most impressive thing is that Taylor is doing these numbers with frequent releases, instead Adele has to wait 5-6 years. How would her numbers look like if she'd release an album every 1-2 years?

The demand is there for the one and only music industry, Miss Swift. :giraffe:

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Three million in two months? Babe this isn't 2015 anymore and it's certainly not 2011 anymore. Just try and get her to 800k first :lmao:

Sadly for you, Miss Adkins is global. The supposed "Music Industry" shouldn't be selling 3m only boo. That's mediocre for someone being called that.

Just now, harwee said:

Its all over Walmart and black Friday's coming.

Some of you are doing too much.

Definitely not what I was expecting tho

Still great numbers obviously
But i remember all those ppl hiding behind Adele hating on Taylor after Lover failed to do 1M first week.. so cant say im unhappy that its probably not doing 1M+ aswell :allears:
Also yes folklore had bundles, but as we can see she can do 600k without bundles.. with a rerecording :rip: 30 has WAY more playlisting than folklore ever had + had weeks of preorders so lets not act like that isnt an advantage aswell

I still think she'll pull through and get a 1 million debut. Overall excpected, strong numbers.
-
Although I love Adele and hope she'll always be successful, I'm glad her fake and chat obssesed fans can now see that every artist has at least one underperforming era, and that's fine. Much of this has happened to EOM Being so predictable and ruining the hype of its parent album.

2 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

This utter delusion. 

Excellent numbers for Adele. The music industry dominating as usual. She is really on another level, despite the poor sales climate at present. 

What delusion? Taylor literally didn’t release any singles for RED TV or do any promo. She starved her fans for 5 months after the release date announcement :rip: 

39 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Only 1M figure she's hitting is 1M lower than projected.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, TheFameCurse said:

Sadly for you, Miss Adkins is global. The supposed "Music Industry" shouldn't be selling 3m only boo. That's mediocre for someone being called that.

Lover has sold over 8M globally though in just over 2 years, so "The Music Industry" currently remains unchecked. We can revisit this conversation in January, by which point 30 should be at least 3X platinum eligible and have moved over 8 million units globally.

4 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Everybody using bundles as the reasoning for the massive drop. Folklore did 800k+. Red did 600k. Explain to me why Adele is having a 2.2M drop in sales while Tay had a 200k drop? The logic here doesn't even make sense.

I don't think this is a fair comparison either... RedTV was released 1 year and 4 months after Folklore....  30 was released 6 years after 25.... and let's not act like 25's opening week was anything normal, that was literally a once in a lifetime phenomenon. People can not realistically think 30 would even remotely cross 1.5 million in this sales climate. This album does not have the hype and exposure that 25 did, and even if it did, I doubt it would've crossed 1.5 million nowadays anyway. 800/850k+ is amazing.

Personally i don't think people should be comparing Taylor and Adele anyway, but this is ATRL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.