HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

Pregnant single divorcee/indie middle-aged jazz/soul singer-songwriter did THAT with no bundles. :clap3:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

Still more than all of our faves latest first-week sales combined, except for Taylor, who is the second half of the music the industry with Adele.

She can’t be dragged but this is 1/4 of 25 sales with 4x the promo. The music wasn’t commercial enough and she took too long to come back. 

only THE adele could get attacked and accused of underperforming by having the biggest debut of the year and potentially the biggest of the decade :cm:

13 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

how is adjusting to a post-covid world "cocky" :rip: she was ready to release this album last year

We’ve been in covid for almost two years now, sister. And that takes 2 years away from 6, leaving still 4 years to make one memorable album.

Omg so Taylor is now officially the most powerful artist on the planet. :chick2:

We were expecting Adele to show her dominance and reclaim the crown but these numbers ain't it... 

2 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

This is giving me the best schadenfreude. Her label said she could do 1.75M going into the weekend. Only 1M figure she's hitting is 1M lower than projected. How tf can we blame it on the 'sales climate' as if the sales climate changed in 72 hours? The demand everybody claimed was there was not there. Lose the excuses. Why is her 1st new album after 6 years only doing 200k more than a 9 year old album from an artist who has released 4 other albums since 2019? Music industry wanted to build this up to be something it isn't. Adele's moment as the It girl in music has passed

you need to let it go. her label, target, amazon and other stores never confirmed the amount of physical copies that were shipped. those were just projections made by billboard with no data or whatsoever :cm: the only thing that we know for sure is that they have 500k vinyls available WW but that's it.

10 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

ATRL doing the most as usual :toofunny3:

This numbers are nothing to be dragged for. Taylor does similar numbers and she's called the music industry, Adele then comes and does the same numbers and y'all claim her to be 'over!!' 'flop!1!!' 'underperformance!!'.

25 was clearly a fluke, the physical market was dead back then, but it's worse nowadays, there's no way she could have done 3M again, not even 2M, her label didn't even ship that amount because they know physical sales are dead.

People with realistic expectations and the ones who know how music industry works in 2021 would know that everything above 1M wasn't guaranteed. She's just selling as someone of her caliber should these days :michael:

Try to drag her numbers when she does less than 100k, not when she's bagging the biggest debut of the year

Thank you for this reasonable comment :clap3:

2 minutes ago, PFRR said:

We’ve been in covid for almost two years now, sister. And that takes 2 years away from 6, leaving still 4 years to make one memorable album.

People love the album though on social media at least. It’s def her lemonade moment. 

5 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

This is giving me the best schadenfreude. Her label said she could do 1.75M going into the weekend. Only 1M figure she's hitting is 1M lower than projected. How tf can we blame it on the 'sales climate' as if the sales climate changed in 72 hours? The demand everybody claimed was there was not there. Lose the excuses. Why is her 1st new album after 6 years only doing 200k more than a 9 year old album from an artist who has released 4 other albums since 2019? Music industry wanted to build this up to be something it isn't. Adele's moment as the It girl in music has passed

They didn’t say she could do that. Several people in the article said she wouldn’t. 

I don't think nobody here expected her to sell a much as she did with 25. Especially since the album (25) wasn't available on streaming platforms until weeks after its original release. 30 impacted streaming on release day and Easy On Me didn't have the reception that Hello did but she still outsold every female this year and for the past 5 years, dragging Adele's sales certainly makes y'all look like fools.

Didn't like 10M ppl alone watch her CBS special? And not even a 1M are buying the record?

I thought she had 1M+ in the bag after all that promo and hype. :rip:

3 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Omg so Taylor is now officially the most powerful artist on the planet. :chick2:

We were expecting Adele to show her dominance and reclaim the crown but these numbers ain't it... 

Not when 30 will outsell her last three efforts. Boo boo

I wish my fave could pull 1/3 of that amount lol!

I can’t wait to see the “casual” Adele fans sh*tting on the album now. Happens all the time.

Adele getting dragged for those numbers by ppl who stan for artists who didn’t come close to those #s with their latest effort :rip: 

Not people dragging 800k 1st week debut :bibliahh:

Just now, TheFameCurse said:

Not when 30 will outsell her last three efforts. Boo boo

I wouldn't be so sure....but we'll see.. 

Only she could pull these numbers with 12 track album of  slow to mid tempo songs and no hooks. 

In post bundle era. 

2 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

I wouldn't be so sure....but we'll see.. 

:duca: Adele is way way more global than Miss Swift

Edited by TheFameCurse

14 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

ATRL doing the most as usual :toofunny3:

This numbers are nothing to be dragged for. Taylor does similar numbers and she's called the music industry, Adele then comes and does the same numbers and y'all claim her to be 'over!!' 'flop!1!!' 'underperformance!!'.

25 was clearly a fluke, the physical market was dead back then, but it's worse nowadays, there's no way she could have done 3M again, not even 2M, her label didn't even ship that amount because they know physical sales are dead.

People with realistic expectations and the ones who know how music industry works in 2021 would know that everything above 1M wasn't guaranteed. She's just selling as someone of her caliber should these days :michael:

Try to drag her numbers when she does less than 100k, not when she's bagging the biggest debut of the year

Oh pls!

It's wayyyyy more impressive when Taylor does it because of how frequently she releases, and not to mention now she's re-releasing old albums and still getting phenomenal numbers.

Adele releases once or twice each decade and has bigger hype each time than any other artist, so there's no reason why she isn't hitting at least 1M+.

These numbers are beyond underwhelming, and there's no other way to spin it.

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

Oh they will probably be sold in the coming weeks.

700k this week, so 800k left for the remaining year/weeks. They will all be sold out eventually. It's not like they wanted them to be sold all in the debut week lol

Considering what the labels expectations were, yeah they kinda did :shutup:

Watch this be the last time any album opens over 800k...

the hysterics in here claiming this is a massive underperformance :rip:

These numbers are unheard of in this sales climate and now especially with no bundles. I honestly doubt we will have many albums even getting 700k+ (including a new Taylor release down the road)

Anyone realistically expecting 1.5 million+ clearly does not understand how music sells these days...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.