• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

8 minutes ago, discotitzz said:

Recently browsing: 185 members :deadbanana2:

OT: Great numbers! It’s a hard sales climate after all.

Though I do kii at all the Liddos and Katy Kats who hid behind Adele to dunk on Taylor when this isn’t the demolishing they expected :)

Lol i saw 315 members browsing! 
wonder what this topped at, but has to be somewhere at the top of threads.

the way Adele and Taylor have ATRL perched

Sry but the numbers are definitely disappointing. 1) She debuted high on streaming with EoM, but the album was comparatively disappointing, 2) she's not dominating on physical and digital sales like she used to. So yes the number is very impressive but not what you'd expect from THE Adele. Rush release the OMG video now, with TBL following in February 

2 minutes ago, FAN said:

Love you sis but two national TV concerts is not “without lifting a finger” :heart:

Didn’t she say she was single handedly saving the CD industry? :laugh:

Haha I was more referring to Taylor selling multiple variants, digital signed copies, and every other tactic possible.  

• ATRL Moderator

Listen, I don't think anyone here would be surprised if the numbers increase. It's still only Monday after all, so let's keep that in my mind. Regardless, these numbers are nothing short of ginormous and impressive. Let's just celebrate two back to back bada** women slaying the charts :jonny5:

1 minute ago, blackbeatxx said:

Lol i saw 315 members browsing! 
wonder what this topped at, but has to be somewhere at the top of threads.

the way Adele and Taylor have ATRL perched

ONLY the queens of modern pop! :clap3:

Are people really trying to drag Adele for these numbers? This is still a huge debut considering where the music industry is at. I hope she reaches 1M just so she can claim another 1m debut, but 850K is still phenomenal. 

Why are the Swifties acting dumb over this? These are amazing numbers. :dies: 

Y’all act like she did 500k or something. 

3 minutes ago, PFRR said:

I’m always rooting for her but I’m not surprised. She got too cocky after 25 (and for a reason) and taking a 6 year break was her biggest mistake. If she was to take 6 years for her next album, she should’ve hid her new image until now and not debuted it like two years ago and still kept people lingering around. Everyone got tired and bored - back then she had everyone by their necks with her new look and everyone was anticipating a comeback back THEN. 

how is adjusting to a post-covid world "cocky" :rip: she was ready to release this album last year

Every single comment in here is killing me :toofunny3:

500k from physicals… damn this is a pretty massive drop.

2 minutes ago, PFRR said:

Also, EOM is boring as ****. It’s not a horrible song, but we’ve all heard it before. She’s known for her ballads but even this proves that you can’t rely on one trick for your entire career. I haven’t listened to the album (nor care to), but from what I can see online (and the sales predictions), everyone agrees that she had 6 years to perfect a craft and came back with something mediocre. I love, love, LOVE Rihanna but the same thing will happen to her if she comes back with something ****. People don’t care anymore - no matter who you are or were, lol. 

Also her fans using “we’re in the streaming era now, duh sales have dropped” make no sense considering no one’s streaming her **** enough to make up for the sales either :rip: 

People are blaming EOM but wasn't it a successful lead single? I think the "problem" (if selling 800k can be considered a problem) is that the album isn't like EOM. 

Fans were expecting another basic album filled with radio-ready piano ballads like EOM or Hello or SLY, but instead got a more fully thought-out and developed record... that is very jazzy and soulful and has a lot of long tracks. She's still operating in the same vein/sound she has her whole career, but 30 is a lot more ambitious than her other records. And I don't think the soccer moms were looking for ambition. 

5 minutes ago, FAN said:

Didn’t she say she was single handedly saving the CD industry? :laugh:

Where?

Never thought I’d see Adele of all people dragged this much…. Like one of the least threatening and nicest artists :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Brando said:

No. 25 went from possibly breaking Britney's record (1.3m), to probably breaking Eminem's record (1.8m), to definitely breaking NSync's record (2.4m), to freaking wiping the floor with every possible record and then a cherry on top. Each single updated prediction went astronomically higher and higher. It was such an amazing moment to witness it. 

wow, wow, wow :jonny::jonny::jonny:

21 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

this logic is so tired

as if EOM did not hit #1 in 25 countries, become the longest running Adele #1 in the UK along with SLY, etc

!!! I’m so confused 

5 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Why are the Swifties acting dumb over this? These are amazing numbers. :dies: 

Y’all act like she did 500k or something. 

I think they are just having a laugh at all the antis that hid behind Adele to dunk on Taylor. These are, indeed, incredible numbers! We may never see an opening week like this again. 

ATRL doing the most as usual :toofunny3:

This numbers are nothing to be dragged for. Taylor does similar numbers and she's called the music industry, Adele then comes and does the same numbers and y'all claim her to be 'over!!' 'flop!1!!' 'underperformance!!'.

25 was clearly a fluke, the physical market was dead back then, but it's worse nowadays, there's no way she could have done 3M again, not even 2M, her label didn't even ship that amount because they know physical sales are dead.

People with realistic expectations and the ones who know how music industry works in 2021 would know that everything above 1M wasn't guaranteed. She's just selling as someone of her caliber should these days :michael:

Try to drag her numbers when she does less than 100k, not when she's bagging the biggest debut of the year

2 minutes ago, aliciavikanders said:

People are blaming EOM but wasn't it a successful lead single? I think the "problem" (if selling 800k can be considered a problem) is that the album isn't like EOM. 

Fans were expecting another basic album filled with radio-ready piano ballads like EOM or Hello or SLY, but instead got a more fully thought-out and developed record... that is very jazzy and soulful and has a lot of long tracks. She's still operating in the same vein/sound she has her whole career, but 30 is a lot more ambitious than her other records. And I don't think the soccer moms were looking for ambition. 

Adele had soul/urban influenced songs on her albums though. So that aspect isn’t new. She never was as AC as Like Celine Dion

And the Soccer moms/housewives were the type to buy CDs and not necessarily preview the album first

People wondered if Adele’s weight loss would cause her to lose support among the housewives/soccer moms who related to her on their size. And even Adele talked about the backlash, so it seems like she may have lost some of their support from this aspect.

16 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

first "25" estimate was over 1m and she did 3.38m so...

Expecting 2.5m at least then

Even for Adele, the album has to be good. It is not a good album if you're honest. It is very boring and nothing sounds like a hit. EOM is literally the best on the album and I too thought it was a weak lead single, but after hearing the album I know it's the best one on the album.

This is giving me the best schadenfreude. Her label said she could do 1.75M going into the weekend. Only 1M figure she's hitting is 1M lower than projected. How tf can we blame it on the 'sales climate' as if the sales climate changed in 72 hours? The demand everybody claimed was there was not there. Lose the excuses. Why is her 1st new album after 6 years only doing 200k more than a 9 year old album from an artist who has released 4 other albums since 2019? Music industry wanted to build this up to be something it isn't. Adele's moment as the It girl in music has passed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.