• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

Taylor fans throwing shade as if she doesn't pull off every gimmick in the book to increase her sales.  Adele meanwhile still pulls larger numbers without lifting a finger. 

Born this Way outsold 

The OTHs FUMING and inventing false narratives in here, oh it’s a holy day :gaycat4:

OT: Did the vinyls sell out, considering the 500k printed? I know Adele is mainly pure sales 

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I mean she’s doing these numbers without bundles, and under the new rules. 

Taylor hit 846k and benefited from bundles, and without them debited with like 350k. 

She’s obviously improved with Red, but it’s hard to say how much nostalgia is actually benefitting Red and whether new music would perform the same. 

Evermore didn’t have any physicals in its first week on sale. 
if you take out Adele’s projected 500k physical sales she’d also be debuting with 300-350k :rip:

At least do some research before you attempt to drag 

23 minutes ago, Brando said:

Kanye had one of the biggest opening weeks of the year and his album got one lowest ratings of the year. 

Anyways, to say that positive reviews don't move some people to buy or at least to check out (aka stream) an album is a huge understatement. Who are they writing them for? For people who bought them already and need the validation of their opinions. Plz don't underestimate the lengths to which labels would go to for their biggest sellers. Publications are just as corrupt as radio stations. You can officially influence them to positively review skincare/haircare products. Nothing stops them from doing the same for music. Obviously Adele is not the only who benefits from this. As you know average review scores went up extremely high in the past few years. 

I don’t think critics are actually bought. The insane debut number of EOM probably is the single biggest reason that set her up: most people truly believe the come back will be a hurricane, and want to be on the right side of the historic moment. Critics are not immune to be influenced by this

great numbers :clap3: she didn't need 8 different covers, gimmicks, bundles

but of course MAGAs run here with their weak drags lol

The amount of dumbassery in the thread is something else :ahh:

Anyways the numbers are going to descrease.  Her streaming numbers are rough. 

2 minutes ago, FAN said:

Let’s be real these numbers in 2021 are huge, but that’s way less than her label/honestly herself and her fans were expecting based on all the drags leading up the release. 

This shows Adele and Taylor are truly on the same level, Adele just had a bigger pure sales peak. 

What Adele expected we have no idea about tho, if she actually had any expectation.

but yeah again, in US the trinity of the industry is Adele, Drake and Taylor.

they’ve been around since late 00’s and dominate

I personally don’t understand the “iT tAnKeD” comments from some of y’all , because where is it tanking/failing? :michael:

i know the fake ass bandwagon "stans" are annoying but

i feel like we shouldn't be celebrating adele not being to save the music industry for a 3rd time

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Considering her label was expecting 1m+ this is definitely an underperformance. They should’ve had some promo in the US lined up for this week

They said they shipped ~1.5M copies, not that they were expecting all of them to be sold in the first week

2 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

Taylor fans throwing shade as if she doesn't pull off every gimmick in the book to increase her sales.  Adele meanwhile still pulls larger numbers without lifting a finger. 

she projected her album on top of every historical building, had a massive televised live performance with 11m viewers, did an Oprah interview and many others, had an ITV appearance yesterday, and possibly the biggest promo campaign for an album in over a decade, she lifted several fingers :gaycat6:

first "25" estimate was over 1m and she did 3.38m so...

22 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Considering 30 will pull more streams than Chromatica without the help of them and EOM's been at #1 more weeks than all Chromatica singles were in the top 10 combined, I doubt she needs those notes :cm: 

exactly.

tell this to the brain dead gaga stans in here lol. 

4 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

Love you sis but two national TV concerts is not “without lifting a finger” :heart:

1 minute ago, blackbeatxx said:

What Adele expected we have no idea about tho, if she actually had any expectation.

but yeah again, in US the trinity of the industry is Adele, Drake and Taylor.

they’ve been around since late 00’s and dominate

Didn’t she say she was single handedly saving the CD industry? :laugh:

I’m always rooting for her but I’m not surprised. She got too cocky after 25 (and for a reason) and taking a 6 year break was her biggest mistake. If she was to take 6 years for her next album, she should’ve hid her new image until now and not debuted it like two years ago and still kept people lingering around. Everyone got tired and bored - back then she had everyone by their necks with her new look and everyone was anticipating a comeback back THEN. 

Also, EOM is boring as ****. It’s not a horrible song, but we’ve all heard it before. She’s known for her ballads but even this proves that you can’t rely on one trick for your entire career. I haven’t listened to the album (nor care to), but from what I can see online (and the sales predictions), everyone agrees that she had 6 years to perfect a craft and came back with something mediocre. I love, love, LOVE Rihanna but the same thing will happen to her if she comes back with something ****. People don’t care anymore - no matter who you are or were, lol. 

Also her fans using “we’re in the streaming era now, duh sales have dropped” make no sense considering no one’s streaming her **** enough to make up for the sales either :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

The decline :ahh:

This thread is surreal. Who thought we would see a day when Adele would be dragged for flopping/underperforming? :gaycat6:

I guess no one is safe here after all lol 

And why is it so hard to believe that critics genuinely liked the album? Just because you didn’t like it doesn’t mean everybody else didn’t, that’s not how it works. :lmao:

There are plenty of albums with low metacritic scores that I personally love/enjoy, but critics thought otherwise. Same concept applies to the above situation.

52 minutes ago, Machete said:

Then: "EOM debut proved there's immense anticipation for Adele on streaming. +100M is in the bag."

Later on: "Adele isn't a streaming artist. Her base buys in pure. +1.5M is still locked"

Now: "SWIFTIES!!!!!"

giphy.gif

:ahh:

Still an impressive number :clap3: but hopefully enough to stop OTHs hiding behind Adele 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.