HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

These are absolutely great numbers but next year those vinyls her label ordered are going to be giving "they shipped it, but it got shipped back" when they're selling for 40% off at Walmart :rip:

8rdMrFq.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

6 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

I wouldn't be so sure if I was you.

HDD predicted 25 to do 1.3M and it ended up doing 3.7M.

Even the same with RED TV, it was predicted to debut with 400k and ended up with over 600k.

Difficult to predict when you're a strong pure sales artist

That’s insane. I’ll wait for the real numbers then. 

22 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

1 million debuts are a thing of the past. We should all learn to move on. Adele is still an industry juggernaut and 30 is doing amazingly well. Her and Taylor are in a league of their own.

1 million debut is insanely hard to do now. But Adele still might be able to pull it off. 

I also won’t rule out my fav. Last week taught me that for her, anything is possible 

wild to me how 850k is considered a flop and underperformance :deadbanana:

the days of 1M+ opening weeks are over - everyone's sales are down 

kT8U4uZ.gif 

3 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

It's Taylor's fault her fans want to buy multiple copies but Adele fans don't even buy one?

jp23KCF.gif

Considering these numbers are higher than that folk album, they obviously did? That comment only made sense if your head I promise you
jp23KCF.gif

7 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

HDD predicted 25 to do 1.3M and it ended up doing 3.7M.

I'm sorry but, like, where? And certainly not after three days of sales when we had already known it did 2.3 million units. At this stage in the week - over halfway though - they're not making things up from nothing, they're analyzing actual sales data for the three tracking days already fully completed.

How f*cking stupid do you have to be to compare numbers in 2015 with sales/bundles less streaming to now in 2021.  The same idiots were laughing about Ed Sheeran.  NOBODY is putting up the same numbers they used to, its a different climate. 

1 minute ago, aliciavikanders said:

These are absolutely great numbers but next year those vinyls her label ordered are going to be giving "they shipped it, but it got shipped back" when they're selling for 40% off at Walmart :rip:

8rdMrFq.gif

They shipped 1.5m and she is selling 500k of them in the first week. She will sell out the remaining 1m copies.

23 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

The album got a fair amount of 3/5 and 4/5 reviews as well so they didn’t payola it correctly clearly.  Columbia records offered thousands for a 8.2 rating on pitchfork and a 3/5 from NME! 

Right. It makes no sense. But because Brando doesn't like album, it must be something shady going on.

Edited by Cap10Planet

Nobody should be really surprised by Adele underperforming

Everyone knows the reaction to Easy On Me has been lukewarm unlike the reaction to Hello and that way there’s less momentum from 25 for 30, while 25 had way more momentum from 21

1 minute ago, americanshameless said:

Considering these numbers are higher than that folk album, they obviously did? That comment only made sense if your head I promise you
jp23KCF.gif

folklore did 846k, well on the upper end of these predictions. 

the 75% decline from 25 :soda:

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

I'm sorry but, like, where? And certainly not after three days of sales when we had already known it did 2.3 million units. At this stage in the week - over halfway though - they're not making things up from nothing, they're analyzing actual sales data for the three tracking days already fully completed.

that user is just in their 'denial' stage. you don't need to take it seriously

1 hour ago, wish said:

Lol @ everyone who defended Easy On Me as a lead single.

Now what?

giphy.gif

this logic is so tired

as if EOM did not hit #1 in 25 countries, become the longest running Adele #1 in the UK along with SLY, etc