HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

5 minutes ago, By the Water said:

But the swifties!!11! I don't remember this energy when the Adele fans created the thread comparing her Oprah special ratings to City of Lover or the 19837382 threads and posts about who is 'the real music industry'

XJ507Mz.png

It's only obsession!!!!! when we troll back I guess

XJ507Mz.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

1 minute ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

maybe adele should quickly take some notes and add ariana grande & blackpink onto '30' to get a couple more streams ?  or for a quick little number 1 hit? 

Considering 30 will pull more streams than Chromatica without the help of them and EOM's been at #1 more weeks than all Chromatica singles were in the top 10 combined, I doubt she needs those notes :cm: 

Wait. She’s only doing 200K more than RED TV? This is a bit underwhelming considering RED had no singles or promo at all.

Just now, PopFan1996 said:

She's still the queen of pure sales no matter what you think

600-700k pure sales in 2021? With no bundles? Yep she owns the CD industry. It's fact.

where are those 600-700k pure sales coming from :deadbanana4: HDD said 500k (and that's very optimistic if we're real) and if anything she has aisles upon aisles of unsold stock in various retail stores across America

with the way she's tanking on streaming she's also not doing 300k SEA :skull:

this prediction will go down significantly

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

These aged so bad, didn't it :hoetenks:

I wouldn't be so sure if I was you.

HDD predicted 25 to do 1.3M and it ended up doing 3.7M.

Even the same with RED TV, it was predicted to debut with 400k and ended up with over 600k.

Difficult to predict when you're a strong pure sales artist

The way MAGAs RAN into this thread.

Ot: good numbers :clap3: hope it’ll rise a lil more but 1 mill feels a stretch

11 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I-... We-... The breaks eventually catch up to people but with social media now a thing I thought she would stomp again. Easy on Me really didn't do what Hello did. @Reverse Warholian

Have to agree! 

12 minutes ago, thismoment said:

Are people seriously dragging an artist for selling over 800k in the first week? (without bundles, 17 different versions and merch like others did) 

Different artists have different standards. Some do all of that for 50k

7073283F-2B5D-4C2E-B410-1CDD257661FC.thumb.gif.d1a00e58c2f1678d5acae12ff620d3ca.gif

Edited by By the Water

Only 200-250k more than a 9 year old rerecording. But keep crying about bundles. 

XJ507Mz.png

8 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

they could have just bought more albums

they want to make money not lose money :gaycat6:

6 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

If Adele's label want her album to be bigger than what it is, they could have just bought more albums or had every song played on radio like Drake's label did. You are really mad because Adele got her most acclaimed album to date. Shut up and stop posting libel.

The album got a fair amount of 3/5 and 4/5 reviews as well so they didn’t payola it correctly clearly.  Columbia records offered thousands for a 8.2 rating on pitchfork and a 3/5 from NME! 

1 minute ago, dylanx said:

Tanking on streaming ? Where? The whole album is still occupying the whole 10 on Apple Music US 3 days and half after it's release .. 

Spotify isn't the only streaming platform that exist. 

• ATRL Moderator

Considering her label was expecting 1m+ this is definitely an underperformance. They should’ve had some promo in the US lined up for this week

1 minute ago, dylanx said:

where are those 600-700k pure sales coming from :deadbanana4: HDD said 500k (and that's very optimistic if we're real) and if anything she has aisles upon aisles of unsold stock in various retail stores across America

this prediction will go down significantly

nah the article says 500k is from CD and Vinyls. she still has sales from iTunes.

and even though her numbers on Spotify US is TRAGIC, her hold on AM US is great and she's probably doing crazy numbers on Amazon music (aka THEE music platform for soccer moms)

38 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

the swifties comparing this to folklore :bibliahh:

adele wasn't desperate to sell 8 copies of the same damn album LOL. :bibliahh:

OT: amazing numbers for legend adele. 30 is a brilliant record. the best record released this decade so far :jonny4:

It's Taylor's fault her fans want to buy multiple copies but Adele fans don't even buy one?

jp23KCF.gif

5 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Considering 30 will pull more streams than Chromatica without the help of them and EOM's been at #1 more weeks than all Chromatica singles were in the top 10 combined, I doubt she needs those notes :cm: 

you should be humble, us Gaga stans

know about going from 1million+ weeks to under :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

I wouldn't be so sure if I was you.

HDD predicted 25 to do 1.3M and it ended up doing 3.7M.

Even the same with RED TV, it was predicted to debut with 400k and ended up with over 600k.

Difficult to predict when you're a strong pure sales artist

HDD was always off back then these days they're not that off. Especially after 3 days of tracking. :cm:

5 minutes ago, dylanx said:

The 500k figure is for physical copies. The remaining 300k are from TEA+SEA+digital copies

1 minute ago, enchanted0 said:

nah the article says 500k is from CD and Vinyls. she still has sales from iTunes.

and even though her numbers on Spotify US is TRAGIC, her hold on AM US is great and she's probably doing crazy numbers on Amazon music (aka THEE music platform for soccer moms)

shouldn’t amazon music release a statement then? they released one for lover after a day

Too many people living in 2016 and not realizing that in the streaming era this is about as good as you can do.  Some of y'all need to check your heads, because the brain is not working. 

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

she's so big that petty atrlers are laughing over a +800k debut in 2021 lmao

Honestly :lmao:literally the biggest debut of the year, i thought she would’ve sold around 500k with the way the site has been crashing. She’ll be fine in the long run and scan a million by the end of the year, I'm sure of it. 

the next big megathread is here :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.