• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

Disappointing numbers and a huge decline, if she sells less than Folklore Swifties will have a field day :deadbanana4:

I knew she wasn’t doing a million with how long they took with predictions.

Some of you are really trying it :deadbanana:, especially the ones with flops on their avis...

Good numbers but yeah a lil underwhelming. It’s ADELE ffs

She would’ve cracked 1 million+ had she released 2 or 3 years ago for sure. Not in 2021 after a 6 year break

Edited by Raver

2 minutes ago, Machete said:

Then: "EOM debut proved there's immense anticipation for Adele on streaming. +100M is in the bag."

Later on: "Adele isn't a streaming artist. Her base buys in pure. +1.5M is still locked"

Now: "SWIFTIES!!!!!"

giphy.gif

the way they were perched in every "Taylor breaks record" thread saying "enjoy it while you can Swifties, hurricane Adele is coming!!! :laugh:"

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

adele wasn't desperate to sell 8 copies of the same damn album

The Greatest Showman Lol GIF by Sky

I can tell with high confidence that at least half of them bought all 8. Each. 

4 minutes ago, Orsay said:

someone check up on anti-bitch, i'm worried about ha

XJ507Mz.png

It’s a good thing she got that ban otherwise it would be a certain demi/Adele stan circa froyogate all over again 

XJ507Mz.png

3 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

are you really trying to hide behind the fact some trolls used Adele's name to come for your fave to justify the obsession you all have grown for her? :dies:  You all are proving the fact you were pressed by her name used to undermine Taylor's sales and now you've been venting for days. 

I'm a swiftie, but this is the tea. Some swifties are loving that now they have a reason to attack Adele, even though it was Taylor haters that were using Adele to drag Taylor. Even worse that some of them are over 20 and are acting like children.

"I'm single-handedly running the CD world!" proclaimed Adele proudly. 

"She didn't mean it that way.." the label followed up, trying to do damage control. 

But they still shipped it....... and it got shipped back

1 minute ago, dylanx said:

the way they were perched in every "Taylor breaks record" thread saying "enjoy it while you can Swifties, hurricane Adele is coming!!! :laugh:"

giphy.gif

This is so true. Where's RED TV first day Spotify thread btw?

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Brando said:

I'm almost convinced the positive reviews were paid for. Like how do you give an album that has dead-eyed, soulless songs like I Drink Wine, Hold On, and Love is Game each of which just drags and drags absolutely nowhere for nearly 7 minutes.... and then also has absolutely cringe uptempo attempts like Cry Your Heart Out and Can I Get It a positive review like 90 or even 100. This album is a 6/10 at the absolute max

You are really a hater. Wow I don’t think you were ever a fan. 

I ain’t gonna say nothing, but possibly debuting below or on par with folklore and Lover is abysmal. I genuinely hope this #s go up.

13 minutes ago, Pop said:

Didn't they produce over 800K vinyls alone? :deadvision:

"They shipped it but it got shipped back." teas 

500K vinyls worldwide I think

3 minutes ago, Otter said:

I hope the peope who came for Ed's decline keep the Energy :coffee2:

Yeah because Ed pulling 116k is comparable to Adele doing more than 800k :rip:, especially with the former having 2 hits carrying the album.

I still believe she will pull 1M or closer to that like 950k

The 6 year break affected her after all. 

And I think that it was a mistake to put the album up for streaming. The album isn’t streaming friendly at all. It would’ve sold way more if it wasn’t available for free on the internet. 

9 minutes ago, Brando said:

Why would any label need to pay radio stations to play their artists' songs? I'll just leave that for you to ponder about for a minute :zzz:

Payola for songs is not the same thing as paying for something that has never proven to help sales. Just because you don't like an album doesn't mean that these reviewers were compensated. And you should know that considering Kanye West can't sell **** these days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.