Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Not the gif flopping :Cryin2016: 

Karma keeps receipts

1eaeb7f9e83e94c05458bd55dd52a623.jpg

⸸  Kavish ⛧ Kritiques  ⸸

~

@boys - Miley Cyrus – 7 Things

I loved "See You Again" and "Start All Over" back then but this one has never been an early-Miley single that I go back to. The verses and the "ooh ooh" that she does during the outro are pleasant, but it gets irksome whenever she lists the 7 things that she dislikes (chorus) and likes (bridge) about the person.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – Bad Boy

Nice production. The sound has some subtle darkness to it as well as a playful side, which sets the scene for a night of seduction. The "ooh ooh" parts add some oomph to the song, and despite this promise of being catchy, its only downside is that it does not grip me to the point of wanting to replay it.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – Thank You Baby! (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon)

The lyrics are pretty weak but the musical arrangement – which is the highlight of the song – definitely makes up for it. The occasional orchestral sound on top of the main beat is a mellifluous marriage, and the song gives off a cozy, nostalgic feeling. I can see why it's your favourite Shania song of all time.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – Back to December

I appreciate that you did not send an obvious single. "Back to December" is beautifully written and also refreshing considering that it was Taylor's first time apologizing in a song. Her lamenting voice paired with the guitar's country twang offer an emotional and introspective soundtrack for broken hearts.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – 2 On (feat. ScHoolboy Q)

I hate ScHoolboy Q's lyrics on this song but I'm not going to let him ruin Tinashe's (and your) moment. Her voice and the production are sensual and entrancing, and the key change with the Sean Paul line elevates the song even more. It was also a big part of my 2014, so I have a lot of memories attached to it.

~

ad2521e15060e977ce79e673ae80b239.gif

D6Hcg0x.jpg

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things
A classic indeed. Always enjoyed this chorus. Idk if it’s strong enough for some of these other songs though. 

Red Velvet - Bad Boy
They ate devoured destroyed obliterated annihilated extirpated eliminated crushed squashed slayed etc.

Shania Twain - Thank You Baby! (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon)
It’s nice and pleasant I guess. It’s something I definitely find myself going back to but again it’s far from the strongest song here for me. 

Taylor Swift - Back to December
It’s nice and pleasant I guess. Very timely. Wonderfully written. 
(Now what’s going on sis? Why this song of all of her single choices?)

Tinashe - 2 On
DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

@boys @mokitsu @Auburn @Rence @Tom Vercetti

Discover PUMA x DUA LIPA FLUTUR Capsule Collection

crits

Spoiler

Miley Cyrus - it's fun but I'm really not obsessed. I guess I miss the nostalgia factor that others have.. not my thing! Also think you had a good amount of other options left as well.. but whatever!

Red Velvet - massive bop yeah, they keep surprising me with a nicely varied poppy discography

Shania Twain - honestly.. it's not that bad.. but it's not great. Some of the instrumental choices are odd but they mostly work, but it's just far from the strongest here imo. It's a cute song but doesn't go the extra mile for me

Taylor Swift - very cute and unique choice, to show Taylor in a more vulnerable position where she admits her wrongdoing. Actually think that this is a really cool choice. It's not my favorite song here but choice wise it's amazing and the song itself is still pretty cute

Tinashe - getting that win at the right moment I fear.. ate the rest up with ease

Thank You Judges! (For Makin' My Elimination Come So Soon)

:santa:

Thank you judge amy lee, janelle monae and rihanna.

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 14

Spoiler
23 hours ago, Staryu said:

BaSztoV.png

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things
This song gives me the nostalgia feels and has that essence of youth I sometimes

need to listen to to soften my hardened ancient old gay heart.  

Red Velvet - Bad Boy
I enjoyed the production, the main background beat kinda made me think of a Super Mario Bowser castle level soundtrack, jumping over lava and fireballs. The song was catchy as well, hot choice. 

I had no idea/forgot this was a single and idk the song very well, but I liked it.

The production is kinda giving me 80s vibes, which I love.  It's a very pleasant song overall,

it does seem like a risky choice for final 5 singles round, good luck country sister. 

Top 3 Taylor ballad? I think so yes, she's such a beautiful storyteller/lyricist.

I'm really excited to hear her re-record this with her matured vocals for her Taylor's Version. 

Tinashe - 2 On
One of Tinashe's heaviest hitters in her discography arsenal, it was very wise to save this for late in the game,

idk anyone that dislikes this hypnotic, sultry bop. DJ Mustard's production still hits as much now as it did in 2014,

if Rihanna released this it would have been #1 for at least 4 weeks.  

23 hours ago, Overprotected said:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/299f287b4c7b4e77dee3259ddd8724f7/tumblr_n7i3cdyS7Y1rtm6dso1_500.gif

OVERPROTECTED'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things - A massive nostalgic classic omg I used to listen to this all the time when I was in 5th grade and it still holds up yup. 

Red Velvet - Bad Boy - The chorus is very cute but I just feel like this isn’t enough for the top 5, the cheap trap instrumental is also a turn off.

Shania Twain - Thank You Baby! (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon) - The strings are the best part here they go off hard. I didn’t know this was a single though, it’s serving good album track.

Taylor Swift - Back to December - Speak Now is one of my favorite albums from her but this song doesn’t do much for me I fear. It’s still more enjoyable than certain other entries though.

Tinashe - 2 On - Congrats on your first win  :party:

Reveal hidden contents

12 hours ago, Kavish said:

1eaeb7f9e83e94c05458bd55dd52a623.jpg

⸸  Kavish ⛧ Kritiques  ⸸

~

@boys - Miley Cyrus – 7 Things

I loved "See You Again" and "Start All Over" back then but this one has never been an early-Miley single that I go back to. The verses and the "ooh ooh" that she does during the outro are pleasant, but it gets irksome whenever she lists the 7 things that she dislikes (chorus) and likes (bridge) about the person.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – Bad Boy

Nice production. The sound has some subtle darkness to it as well as a playful side, which sets the scene for a night of seduction. The "ooh ooh" parts add some oomph to the song, and despite this promise of being catchy, its only downside is that it does not grip me to the point of wanting to replay it.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – Thank You Baby! (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon)

The lyrics are pretty weak but the musical arrangement – which is the highlight of the song – definitely makes up for it. The occasional orchestral sound on top of the main beat is a mellifluous marriage, and the song gives off a cozy, nostalgic feeling. I can see why it's your favourite Shania song of all time.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – Back to December

I appreciate that you did not send an obvious single. "Back to December" is beautifully written and also refreshing considering that it was Taylor's first time apologizing in a song. Her lamenting voice paired with the guitar's country twang offer an emotional and introspective soundtrack for broken hearts.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – 2 On (feat. ScHoolboy Q)

I hate ScHoolboy Q's lyrics on this song but I'm not going to let him ruin Tinashe's (and your) moment. Her voice and the production are sensual and entrancing, and the key change with the Sean Paul line elevates the song even more. It was also a big part of my 2014, so I have a lot of memories attached to it.

~

ad2521e15060e977ce79e673ae80b239.gif

9 hours ago, Dessy said:

D6Hcg0x.jpg

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things
A classic indeed. Always enjoyed this chorus. Idk if it’s strong enough for some of these other songs though. 

Red Velvet - Bad Boy
They ate devoured destroyed obliterated annihilated extirpated eliminated crushed squashed slayed etc.

It’s nice and pleasant I guess. It’s something I definitely find myself going back to but again it’s far from the strongest song here for me. 

It’s nice and pleasant I guess. Very timely. Wonderfully written. 
(Now what’s going on sis? Why this song of all of her single choices?)

Tinashe - 2 On
DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

6 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Discover PUMA x DUA LIPA FLUTUR Capsule Collection

crits

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus - it's fun but I'm really not obsessed. I guess I miss the nostalgia factor that others have.. not my thing! Also think you had a good amount of other options left as well.. but whatever!

Red Velvet - massive bop yeah, they keep surprising me with a nicely varied poppy discography

Shania Twain - honestly.. it's not that bad.. but it's not great. Some of the instrumental choices are odd but they mostly work, but it's just far from the strongest here imo. It's a cute song but doesn't go the extra mile for me

Taylor Swift - very cute and unique choice, to show Taylor in a more vulnerable position where she admits her wrongdoing. Actually think that this is a really cool choice. It's not my favorite song here but choice wise it's amazing and the song itself is still pretty cute

Tinashe - getting that win at the right moment I fear.. ate the rest up with ease

Fcq76Gl.png

welcome everyone to the results of our fourteenth round, singles :heart2:

for this theme, you were asked to prove yourself you're the best in terms of the singles.

pretty successful theme but some of you fell short and will have to fight for their lives in our LAST sing-off!

2 of you will be in the bottom and have to sing-off and from there, one person will sadly get eliminated.

the results will be announced from 2nd and up to 1st place then we're gonna go down to the 3rd to 5th after that!

yup no safe placement again. only top 3 and the bottoms.

now START POSTING!

lets get to page 124 :laugh:

a lil bit of love

goes a long long way

Just now, Dessy said:

Hi

heyyy

1 minute ago, boys said:

:hippo:

:johnald:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.