Stay is fastest song to reach 800 million streams on Spotify

B-Rabbit

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

wtf? when did this song get so big

It debuted at #3 on hot 100, was #1 on US Apple Music, #1 on US and Global Spotify for weeks until the Drake and Kanye album bombs.

Now #2 on US Spotify, #1 on Global Spotify, #10 on Apple Music, has been #1 on radio for 20 days, and is #1 on pop radio callout scores.

Spent it's first 7 weeks at #1 on Rolling Stone Top 100, broke the record for longest running #1 on Billboard Global 200 singles chart, broke the record for longest Global Spotify #1, was #1 on Hot 100 for 6 weeks

It was never not big

Edited by B-Rabbit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B-Rabbit

• ariananext

• hallucinate

• Gaia

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

It debuted at #3 and remained steady before TikTok even jumped on it. Also #1 on pop radio callout scores for a couple weeks now 

debuting at #3 isn't the same as being #1 with 10M daily streams.

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

wtf? when did this song get so big

Its been #1 on the hot 100 the last 7 weeks 

4 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

It debuted at #3 on hot 100, was #1 on US Apple Music, #1 on US and Global Spotify for weeks until the Drake and Kanye album bombs.

Now #2 on US Spotify, #1 on Global Spotify, #10 on Apple Music, has been #1 on radio for 20 days, and is #1 on pop radio callout scores.

Spent it's first 7 weeks at #1 on Rolling Stone Top 100, broke the record for longest running #1 on Billboard Global 200 singles chart, broke the record for longest Global Spotify #1, was #1 on Hot 100 for 6 weeks

It was never not big

I see people have been in hiding 

4 hours ago, magazine said:

miley did that :jonny5::jonny5: a classic

Kiiiiiii :bibliahh:

46 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

it honestly doesn’t feel like that big of a hit :priceless: idgi it’s a decent song, nothing special 

I don't hear the song outside of tik tok. it's insane how much tik tok can carry songs nowadays. However - if you use tik tok then Stay seems like the biggest song this year :rip: 

2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Exactly the song haven’t left TTH top 3 for 3 months currently #1 :deadbanana2: watch them snatch a 3rd week at TTH cover 

This song reminds me a lot of “Mood” short,  generic, basic & type of song radio loves to play, by next year low key will be forgotten like Mood 

Spill it, stay grows on u and is lowkey a bop but no matter the listens it remains generic and forgettable just like mood. White boi attempts at trap/hip-hop vibes pop always end up 1, too successful and 2, generic and forgettable as F

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

I don't hear the song outside of tik tok. it's insane how much tik tok can carry songs nowadays. However - if you use tik tok then Stay seems like the biggest song this year :rip: 

It's radio audience is 109 million and last I checked Tiktok streams don't account for Spotify, Apple Music and Youtube streams

12 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Its been #1 on the hot 100 the last 7 weeks 

well i don’t live in united states and the song is not that big here hence that’s why it feels weird to me:giraffe: 

Edited by hallucinate

Just now, B-Rabbit said:

It's radio audience is 109 million and last I checked Tiktok streams don't account for Spotify, Apple Music and Youtube streams

Lol ur attempt at owning that person just makes u seem patronising. So since tiktok streams don’t count for any song then tiktok doesn’t  Matter? Because they’re obviously saying its a powerful promotional tool to push ppl to generate those streams u speak of. 

Also- who listens to radio nowadays:laugh:

15 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

It was never not big

these numbers…. insane :deadbanana2:

Just now, BowWow said:

Lol ur attempt at owning that person just makes u seem patronising. So since tiktok streams don’t count for any song then tiktok doesn’t  Matter? Because they’re obviously saying its a powerful promotional tool to push ppl to generate those streams u speak of. 

Also- who listens to radio nowadays:laugh:

No. I'm saying  that it's false to say it's only big if you watch TikTok videos since radio audience is massive and it was #1 on Spotify and Apple Music since it came out before TikTok hopped on it.

Also, your comparisons to mood is ridiculous. Stay debuted #1 on US Spotify with 2.34 million streams, Kid LAROI had 2 top 60 hits, and a top 10 hit before Stay was even released unlike 24kgoldn and iann dior who didn't have a hit before or after that 

2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Exactly the song haven’t left TTH top 3 for 3 months currently #1 :deadbanana2: watch them snatch a 3rd week at TTH cover 

This song reminds me a lot of “Mood” short,  generic, basic & type of song radio loves to play, by next year low key will be forgotten like Mood 

How is it forgotten when it's still charting on Spotify quite high, it has 1,1M streams daily from only one version

The success of this song globally is insane :deadbanana:

The Kid LAROI and Justin Bieber's "Stay" slips to No. 2 on the Billboard Global 200 after nine weeks on top, the most for any song so far. The track drew 106.2 million streams (down 8%) and sold 17,200 downloads (down 17%) and, notably, pushes its unprecedented run to eight consecutive weeks with over 100 million global streams, after tallying 115.6 million (Oct. 2), 115.7 million (Sept. 25), 119.8 million (Sept. 18), 125.7 million (Sept. 11), 124.9 million (Sept. 4), 123.7 million (Aug. 28) and 108.5 million (Aug. 21).

8 minutes ago, ariananext said:

How is it forgotten when it's still charting on Spotify quite high, it has 1,1M streams daily from only one version

This perfect example, the song could get huge Streams, no clue it had 1.1 million daily & still the song did nothing, the song having no recognition at award shows, or acclaim despite massive Streams. for a song that 1.2 billion but is not having the same impact like other recent Billion songs like Montero, Levitating or Drivers License.... I dont know if I explain my point of what Im trying to say

I told that Spotify was peaking this year when Olivia was breaking streaming records right and left, but the girls were saying that Spotify had peaked in 2019 lmao

Congrats to Kid and Justin. I love it.

idk, the song doesnt feel that big actually

Maybe because TTH placement 

Also Bieber used these new acts to get hits 

Didnt he label himself R&B artist or something like that? But when he saw a chance of hopping to Pop/Rock trend, he did it

That's why he's never seen as an artist, just trendhopper

Oh wow someone he STAYs there. They can't stand it. :jonny:

Stay is officially bigger than G4U & DL this year :nicole2:

only the Prince of Pop:clap3:

Between this and Peaches :jonnycat:

JB won big time this year :clap3: 

8 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

This perfect example, the song could get huge Streams, no clue it had 1.1 million daily & still the song did nothing, the song having no recognition at award shows, or acclaim despite massive Streams. for a song that 1.2 billion but is not having the same impact like other recent Billion songs like Montero, Levitating or Drivers License.... I dont know if I explain my point of what Im trying to say

The difference is that those songs are made by pop girls and pop boys that are relevant in pop culture while mood isn't, so you don't see people talking about it cause the artists aren't relevant 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.