• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baby Judas

• luckythisway

• Carrie-is-no-1

• Devin

Blinding Lights leaving the chart this week then :giraffe: it was fun while it lasted.

if the charts are UTC based, which I think they are, this actually missed 12 hours from Sunday's chart. :rip:

Just now, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

Blinding Lights leaving the chart this week then :giraffe: it was fun while it lasted.

Oh yeah! 

8 minutes ago, BawBaw said:

.....nah this was unexpected...Drake had smash after smash before the album dropped plus the playlisting for Scorpion was INSANE....I might even say that DONDA had a bigger hype tha  Scorpion :coffee:

To offer context, a reminder of how much Spotify has grown since when Scorpion dropped in 2018. It's more than doubled it's monthly active users and subscribers since then. 

image__7_.0.png

10 minutes ago, chaneloberlin said:

Smash hit album. Don't play with YE

what will Tayler and Halser do now? More tweets from the girls?

I guess she will be good with her 800k debuting, 8 week number #1, 3 platinum, AOTY winner album. :rip: 

Legend things :WAP: I only got to listen to the album once all the way through so far but what I heard was great. His best since TLOP.

He's really popular inside the Anglosphere but very much a nobody outside of it... It's interesting because this album obliterated the Spotify charts of the US, UK, Canada, etc but completely failed to chart a single song in the Top 50 of key markets for streaming like Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Indonesia or the Philippines per example... When I saw the numbers I thought, "well he for sure got a lot of streams from Europe" but then I went to check the charts of Spotify Germany and for my surprise, he only has 1 song in the Top 10 (three in the top 20) of that country. A similar situation happened in France so I wonder, ¿Are the days of Global Stars with an even success all around the world over??? Because to be honest, no artist of the last decade with massive streaming numbers seems to be able to have that level of dominance in the whole world. 

OP: massive numbers, the album is a mixed bag tho.

4 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

To offer context, a reminder of how much Spotify has grown since when Scorpion dropped in 2018. It's more than doubled it's monthly active users and subscribers since then. 

image__7_.0.png

then Drake might do over 200 mill :jonny2:

12 minutes ago, BawBaw said:

.....nah this was unexpected...Drake had smash after smash before the album dropped plus the playlisting for Scorpion was INSANE....I might even say that DONDA had a bigger hype tha  Scorpion :coffee:

His last album did 38m with 11 tracks with half a day tracking so yeah its not that shocking to me. I will say tho its still super impressive scuz hes been so long in the game. 

Just now, JawBreaker said:

His last album did 38m with 11 tracks with half a day tracking so yeah its not that shocking to me. I will say tho its still super impressive scuz hes been so long in the game. 

exactly....and the fact that he doesn't even have a true hit in the past 5 years and pulls these #

The girls are fuming noooooooooooo what is the teaaaaaaaaa

No matter how sh*tty you are as a man, the GP will always forgive you.

Morgan wallen can contine calling black people the n-word and Dababy can continue calling gays HIV infested. They will still have a brilliant future ahead.

QueenofCopyPaste

Can they surpass Drivers License 6 million? Daily.. Hmmmm

The entire top 24, except for Stay at #11 and Industry Baby at #17.

19 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

image__7_.0.png

Drake was on acoustic playlists. If drake had Kanye playlisting when scorpion dropped it wouldn’t have done anywhere near close to 100m because Spotify wasn’t as big

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.