TOTC: Wild Side headed for #20-25 debut

Miss Harajuku

43 minutes ago, Brinny Baby said:

Beyonce's first single Work It Out didn't even chart on the Hot 100

Completely different era. And her second single most certainly did. There were no excuses of sabotage on Beyoncé’s  part. She simply came harder. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dussymob

• Exzime.

• Lovett

• frenchyisback

12 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Completely different era. And her second single most certainly did. There were no excuses of sabotage on Beyoncé’s  part. She simply came harder. 

Plus, it was a soundtrack song, that wasn't her lead or anything. Ch... Fever, Spirit, Listen and other were also not outstanding successes. There is no correlation here. 

----

The song is RnB, these are not doing that great lately. This is a stellar result considering that. 

For such a video and the future, something poppier would have been more adequate but I am happy she stuck to her guns, teh song is good.  

But Atrl fails to understand that RnB songs don't do as good as pop songs, let alone sung by non-white artists like Ariana or JB. 

Edited by BnPac

1 hour ago, Brinny Baby said:

Beyonce's first single Work It Out didn't even chart on the Hot 100

That was a soundtrack single. :rip: Not the same thing.

:party:!!!

To those who said this sound in rnb wasn't in... 

Not y’all comparing 2003 when RnB was at its peak to now where they barely crack top 20. :rip:

The Camila stan in here :rip:

"Crazy In Love" debuted at #58, "Baby Boy" at #57,  "Me, Myself and I" at #96, "Naughty Girl" at #68.

2 hours ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

"Crazy In Love" debuted at #58, "Baby Boy" at #57,  "Me, Myself and I" at #96, "Naughty Girl" at #68.

I completely agree with the sentiment that songs don't need to debut high in order to become a hit later down the line, but we shouldn't be comparing songs with songs from 18 years ago. :toofunny3: The charts have changed substantially and there are much more recent examples to compare with.

27 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I completely agree with the sentiment that songs don't need to debut high in order to become a hit later down the line, but we shouldn't be comparing songs with songs from 18 years ago. :toofunny3: The charts have changed substantially and there are much more recent examples to compare with.

They didn't start this argument, it started with someone comparing her to Beyonce. Let's not compare artist if you don't want to compare stats. 

2 minutes ago, dussymob said:

They didn't start this argument, it started with someone comparing her to Beyonce. Let's not compare artist if you don't want to compare stats. 

But they weren’t really comparing. They were using the trope of “new Beyoncé” to drag Normani.

Still find the song boring af, but good for her. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

But they weren’t really comparing. They were using the trope of “new Beyoncé” to drag Normani.

The point is Beyoncé songs didn’t debut high either. Normani is not established like big stars to have super high debuts. Y’all really let Driver license get to your heads.

23 hours ago, By the Water said:

The Camila stan talking about labels being in debt :deadbanana:

:lmao: 

Flop cancelled. :clap3:

This is really really good considering it didn't get TTH placement at all :clap3:

excited to see how well it does :duca: hope there's second week promo lined up

On 7/21/2021 at 10:01 PM, Abel Minaj said:

It better hit 15 or higher, otherwise Barbz will drag :foxaylove2:

People need to get over the 2018 mess.

That said, drag cancelled.

Kudos to Normani and Cardi

:clap3:

On 7/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, lovedaddy said:

Cardi DID that

F8ccNBE.gif

Black excellence excelling

J4Rzv9a.gif

On 7/21/2021 at 9:01 PM, Abel Minaj said:

It better hit 15 or higher, otherwise Barbz will drag :foxaylove2:

20210109_073438.jpg.ec39e7edb0877de66553

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.