• Robyn.

• onewillowsilk

• Carrie-is-no-1

• Yanko

BORING SONG

Good MV..

20 minutes ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

She's at #12 without Pop Smoke on AM. 

Ain’t Sh*t is at #15 EVEN with Pop Smoke’s release.

There’s no way an album track from Doja’s one month album is managing to do better than a hyped up lead single with a high budget video and a high profile feature.

This is underwhelming no matter how you put it.

Well, starting off sluggish.

The only thing it has is if it grows overtime.

I have a feeling Normani is going to promote many times...VMAs and other outlets.

normani has had a good track record with her songs to last awhile so...

Just now, slw84 said:

normani has had a good track record with her songs to last awhile so...

? Motivation charted only for 10 weeks (peaked on week 1) and none of HER other songs charted. Love Lies and DWAS do not showcase of what she can do on the charts.

There’s not many promo opportunities rn to make a change, playlist support is the only hope for her.

34 minutes ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

She's at #12 without Pop Smoke on AM. 

KNkKCtl_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Well what do you expect, the playlisting is awful… :giraffe:

I don't wanna make fun of this girl but

tenor.gif

she should have recorded it without Cardi and shoot the mv without raunchy scenes. Full dance would be more impactful tbh

but but.. bird stans informed everyone that miss cultural reset do not need TTH :confused: 

maybe it's a glitch like youtube, no way that this debuting less than a remix without music video

America is still SLEEPING y'all :alexz2:

Wasn’t there just a poll on here the other day saying Normani’s lead single WITH CARDI would do better than Camila’s. Time, the ultimate truth teller indeed

Y’all acting like with TTH she will be top5 or something. People just don’t like a song and that’s it.

Why does ATRL instantly claim a song is flopping when it's first day numbers are out :rip: Y'all were celebrating when Ed didn't pull massive numbers WW but now he's topping charts everywhere. We should get a good grasp of it's performance in the next few days.

Plus considering the lack of playlisting and the fact that it's very R&B, it's doing well considering the circumstances. Let's hope it stabilizes. 

Edited by Billionaire

America is sleeping (after listening to the song) :zzz:

54 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Ain’t Sh*t is at #15 EVEN with Pop Smoke’s release.

There’s no way an album track from Doja’s one month album is managing to do better than a hyped up lead single with a high budget video and a high profile feature.

This is underwhelming no matter how you put it.

Got what you mean. My personal opinion is I don’t like this song as I’ve stated multiple times. I was just trying to compare to its Spotify position. On AM it doesn’t look as bad. 

2 hours ago, BeyIridescent said:

Are songs not supposed to build over time anymore? Why do people automatically write off a song if it doesn’t smash out the gate? Let’s be honest, this is an R&B song, and the masses only support R&B music out the gate now when it is made by non-black faces. Normani will be fine.  Marketing her to a new urban market is smart. 

Well the artist was calling the song iconic, history-making, cultural reset before we heard it and barely after, can’t be surprised people expect it to perform accordingly. 

If y’all think those numbers are bad just wait until tomorrow’s.  That huge budget and a Cardi feature just to make no noise.  I wonder what RCA is thinking about the next steps. 

Decent numbers. It’s a grower so I wouldn’t write it off completely 

Expected, bored and underwhelming song.

It's crazy how this girl gets those songs, first was a leftover of Ariana (:rip:) and then this. Normani is extremely talented, a good vocalist and an excelent performer, she deserves better songs.

Normani completely wasted her hype going silent mood all these years so I wasn't expecting a big debut, but not even being able to crack the top30 with Cardi B on the track and a high budget MV is very disappointing. TTH could've helped a bit but it wouldn't do miracles so it isn't a good excuse either.

I'm not a fan but I liked the song a bit so I'm hoping she can have some stability and make this a cute moderate hit.

2 hours ago, usedtothis said:

KNkKCtl_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

1 hour ago, Bentley said:

:bibliahh:

BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHH im f- HOWLING

:ahh:

It feels like everyone overestimated her power, in the sense that while her potential is enormous, they thought that alone (along with some blunted name recognition and viral tweets), could bypass actually releasing music and crafting a sound for her over the years. 

Said this before in another thread but she has really tried it all: dancehall/Afrobeats-inspired songs (with Calvin Harris), alt R&B (Waves), dance-pop collabs (with Sam Smith), bubblegum pop leftovers (Motivation), and now a chill R&B song with an iconic 90s sample (Wild Side). Couple that distinct lack of musical identity with the fact she's released 9 songs—with no album in sight—in 3.5 years of a solo career, and these early numbers are not surprising :rip:

The good thing is the song has room to grow with playlisting and radio. Her team need to stick to an album rollout regardless of the numbers. Get the music out, let us know who Normani really is as an artist, and then grow from there. 

Ngl if I was normani I would probably believe my own hype as well, getting almost a milli on her ig photos, 100k+ on her Twitter photos, trending every time she teases something. And it’s crazy that last night everybody was talking about this and now the next day it’s only really her fans talking about it. I think she’s gonna need TikTok 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.