• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KMO

• Dória Gentili

• Sweet Sexy Savage

• lielikejulia

On 5/17/2021 at 7:40 PM, Raphy23 said:

I remember back when she wasn't so mainstream yet, but she was a Youtube monster with songs like No Broken Hearts, I Got You, Back to You(with Louis) and The Way I Are, (all are over 200M even though I've never heard any of them on radio). But now her songs struggle to get even 10M, even though they get more airplay. :noparty:

What happened then? :weeps:

• 1 month later...

This wasn't surprising. Her first album had Meant To Be and I'm A Mess carrying the album while this album had nothing.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:05 PM, Yakult said:

Tinashe selling better than Bebe and Zara while unsigned.....these labels really are doing ambitious pop stars who don't wanna go down the whole bedroom pop vibe wrong.

Hardly surprising it's come to this. Endless delays are nearly always fatal post-debut album. That and the fact Bebe's sound is so indistinct due to being badly A&R'd to death that she wasn't able to cultivate much of a fanbase. The whole depressed white girl trap-pop thing never stuck, yet they keep on diluting it with every release.

Does Bebe have what it takes to make it work independent? I'm not sure. Despite label hijinks Tinashe always had a recognisable sound.....I can't say the same for Bebe or Zara despite having the same hustling ambition.

Very true. Her lack of identity has been one of her biggest problems and that seems to be a thing with most of these Spotify playlist girls aside from Dua and it's clearly because the label doesn't see them being anything else outside of that.

Anne-Marie is dropping her album next week and a similar flop is to be expected. However successful collabs unrelated to her era have been tacked onto the album so maybe that might help her.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.